Bigg Boss Saath 7
Bigg Boss Saath 7

Racism In BB house (Page 8)

akash08 IF-Dazzler
akash08
akash08

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sn12

OK SO SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT IT WAS NOT RACISM, TO ME IT WAS AND IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.
NOW EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE KNOWNS HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH RIght?  NOW THE WAY THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IS WITH A STRONG ACCENT. 

THE ONLY PERSON WITHOUT AN ACCENT IS ANDY. NOW SHOULDN'T SOPHIA AND ELLIE LAUGH AND MOCK AT TH WAY THEY SPEAK ENGLISH?

Let them laugh, we may fell offended but won't call it racism.

Just go and ask your teacher who taught you this subject and he would clarify.

I live in Uk. People constantly mock about various accent among each other and we do not call it racism and none feels offended. It is taken light heartedly.

Dude, you need sone fun in life. Life need not be so serious, chill and enjoy it, see the lighter side.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moiseskatherine123SoPunk

Sn12 Senior Member
Sn12
Sn12

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by akash08

Originally posted by Sn12

OK SO SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT IT WAS NOT RACISM, TO ME IT WAS AND IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.
NOW EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE KNOWNS HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH RIght?  NOW THE WAY THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IS WITH A STRONG ACCENT. 

THE ONLY PERSON WITHOUT AN ACCENT IS ANDY. NOW SHOULDN'T SOPHIA AND ELLIE LAUGH AND MOCK AT TH WAY THEY SPEAK ENGLISH?

Let them laugh, we may fell offended but won't call it racism.

Just go and ask your teacher who taught you this subject and he would clarify.

I live in Uk. People constantly mock about various accent among each other and we do not call it racism and none feels offended. It is taken light heartedly.

Dude, you need sone fun in life. Life need not be so serious, chill and enjoy it, see the lighter side.

Dude I know the definition of racist, but I said to me its racism, if u don't think that then u can chill alright? Cool 

Edited by Sn12 - 18 November 2013 at 4:57pm
-boyfriend- Goldie

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

katherine123akash08SoPunk

muskaan23 Senior Member
muskaan23
muskaan23

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 5:04pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by muskaan23

Nah. Nothing hypocritical. You have just had some overdose of fight against discrimination.

What Tabu said is these actresses are absorbed purely because how  they expose and the appeal of of the foreigner body purely as an object to Indian audience. They are not into the business for their acting skill. I am personally a fan of Katrina but we know even though she is a rare exception this element is true for her too, she lacks acting skill by some degree. Bring into picture people like Sunny Leone etc., we all know they just sell their flesh.

Tabu is objecting to it and there is no concept of desi or foreigner here.

I guess some people just love the word discrimination so much they are always looking for the slightest hint with a microscope.

I had some overdoes of fight against discrimination?? huh? I doubt that, this comment of Tabu in particular is hypocritical given the fact that she works in Hollywood projects, where she herself is a "Exotic Specimen" ... I am not saying I dont like her work there, i think she is one of the best actresses India has, but she should have not said that. 

What tabu meant? Even I got that and it's not that i disagree with her pov, i personally don't like Katrina because she lacks of acting talent and I personally feel it is annoying that almost every good movie I have to bear her poor acting and dialogue delivery. No doubt she is beautiful. Regarding Sunny Leone, I agree too. 

I get what Tabu is objecting about too, but find it sad that she didnt use a better term than "Exotic Specimen", it is inappropriate. 

I am not looking for it with a microscope, but in this particular case i do expect someone like Tabu to choose her words wisely. 
moises Senior Member

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
akash08 IF-Dazzler
akash08
akash08

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 5:18pm | IP Logged

Nah. Nothing hypocritical. You have just had some overdose of fight against discrimination.

What Tabu said is these actresses are absorbed purely because how  they expose and the appeal of of the foreigner body purely as an object to Indian audience. They are not into the business for their acting skill. I am personally a fan of Katrina but we know even though she is a rare exception this element is true for her too, she lacks acting skill by some degree. Bring into picture people like Sunny Leone etc., we all know they just sell their flesh.

Tabu is objecting to it and there is no concept of desi or foreigner here.

I guess some people just love the word discrimination so much they are always looking for the slightest hint with a microscope.

I had some overdoes of fight against discrimination?? huh? I doubt that, this comment of Tabu in particular is hypocritical given the fact that she works in Hollywood projects, where she herself is a "Exotic Specimen" ... I am not saying I dont like her work there, i think she is one of the best actresses India has, but she should have not said that. 

What tabu meant? Even I got that and it's not that i disagree with her pov, i personally don't like Katrina because she lacks of acting talent and I personally feel it is annoying that almost every good movie I have to bear her poor acting and dialogue delivery. No doubt she is beautiful. Regarding Sunny Leone, I agree too. 

I get what Tabu is objecting about too, but find it sad that she didnt use a better term than "Exotic Specimen", it is inappropriate. 

I am not looking for it with a microscope, but in this particular case i do expect someone like Tabu to choose her words wisely. 

Hi muskan,

I love the  way you write and put forward your logic. My opening sentences were bit emotive mainly because I am sick of seeing people jumping on anything and absolutely anything to brand someone racist,male chauvinist blah blah.

I take your point that you may not like how Tabu presented it but all I am objecting to is it being branded as racist.

Racism is a bigger problem and let us not dilute  such a serious problem with such silly examples, that is it.

Gumrah,

Hi, welcome.

muskaan23moises-boyfriend-

katherine123 Goldie
katherine123
katherine123

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 5:23pm | IP Logged
It was not racism... It was just a joke! Even salman does that... Will you call him racist too?
muskaan23 Senior Member
muskaan23
muskaan23

Posted: 18 November 2013 at 5:29pm | IP Logged

Hi muskan,

I love the  way you write and put forward your logic. My opening sentences were bit emotive mainly because I am sick of seeing people jumping on anything and absolutely anything to brand someone racist,male chauvinist blah blah.

I take your point that you may not like how Tabu presented it but all I am objecting to is it being branded as racist.

Racism is a bigger problem and let us not dilute  such a serious problem with such silly examples, that is it.

Hey Akash, 

no hard feelings anyway, i see where u coming from a lot of ppl tend to get too emotional whilst defending their favorite contestants here. As I said a lot of times, my intention is never to favor anyone, but simply look at things from a logical pov and discuss my view on it. Unfortunately you get misunderstood here very easily.

Regarding Tabu, oh i probably should have cleared out that i was not "labeling" her as racist, not at all. As said i simply did not like the use of words, but absolutely get her point. 

You are right racism is too big of a word to be used in this context and we probably should prevent using it. 

Go to top