Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

alliha

alliha

Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:00pm | IP Logged

ARRANGED MARRIAGES....

are they better( successful, longer lasting) than love marriages?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "arranged marriages" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

peaches

Goldie

peaches

Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:37pm | IP Logged

Well,

I'm not really sure what the answer is to this.  I'm not married, but what i do know is that I've known couples who have had love marriages, and they do admit to having their share of problems.  Initally is all good and romantic, but then when reality sets in, it's a whole new world.  It's not always very pretty, because all marriages encounter rocky roads in life. 

I'm don't have anyone in my life as such, so the only way for me to get married is through an arrange proposal.  But this is my meantality towards it.....If two people really want to make a relationship work and if they commit, and put in all their efforts, they can create a successful and loving marriage.

There are some rules to follow, and if both parties abide by them, I don't see why any relationship, (love or arrange) not work. 

Just my thoughts......

Peaches

mistystar

mistystar

Posted: 29 May 2005 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
truthfully, there is really no right or wrong to this question. its all dependent upon the person; their culture, their values, their attitudes about life. each person has different ideas about what they want their life partner to be like.  some people are independent, and wish to find their own spouse, while there are people who feel that their parents know whats best for them and settle for an arranged marriage. but at the end, all marriages end the same way, which is you have to put in the effort to make them last. there is never a guarantee whether or not the marriage will work or not. it depends on how you handle the situations that will come into your life.  

simi1295

Goldie

simi1295

Posted: 31 May 2005 at 10:10am | IP Logged
i agree thr is no right or wrong answer!  but if it was up to me, yes i would love to fall in love and get married and live happily ever after. but it doesnt really happen that way.  i think my parents would be able to make a better decision for me then myself.  so i would go for arrang'd.  i have seen more love marriages fail then arrang'd. 

*Dipti*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Dipti*

Posted: 31 May 2005 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Cry Cry i can't do love marriage i have to do arrange marriage Cry Cry well i don't really care

mastii

IF-Dazzler

mastii

Posted: 31 May 2005 at 4:56pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by rocku46

Cry Cry i can't do love marriage i have to do arrange marriage Cry Cry well i don't really care

lolz...same with me!

fatty1

Goldie

fatty1

Posted: 11 August 2005 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mastii

Originally posted by rocku46

lolz...same with me!

what will happen to you guys if you did love marriage?Ouch

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 11 August 2005 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by peaches

There are some rules to follow, and if both parties abide by them, I don't see why any relationship, (love or arrange) not work. 

Just my thoughts......

Peaches

Absolutely right , my take on it too . I've had a love marrige ....7 years my boyfriend ,and i soon will have my 7th wedding anniversary . I feel like i've known my hubby for a lifetime . Met him when i was 18 !!! Gosh !!! But like you said , love or arranged , you've got to work towards making a good relationship , none is easier or rosier !! I've seen many love marriages break and just as many arranged ones!!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top