Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 9:30am | IP Logged
My apologies for posting this over here however I thought between all the irrelevant threads we go through everyday this is just another one so it wont hurt if I make one another -- particularly for something that is very important and pressing at this moment.

Good people of India-Forums as you must all be aware the nation of Philippines has been recently struck with tragedy and a typhoon has ravaged entire cities and hundreds of thousands of people are dead and many more injured. Unfortunately the state of decay is dire and the ones who have been spared are doing no better -- they have been without clean water or food for 4 days now and small children are dying of starvation as we speak.

I know this is not a regional matter to you but humanity has no bounds so please show some empathy for the people whose lives has been forever altered. Just like you I went around with my business after reading/hearing all the reports of this tragedy until a friend of mine who had been vacationing in Philippines gave me information that broke my heart. 

It was nice knowing that he purchased cookies/biscuits, noodles, canned food, bottled water with his own money and took a taxi in one of the region (Tackloban) and distributed supplies and it was heart wrenching to hear the stories of how very little children were running behind him to collect the supplies that he was throwing out of the car window (it is not safe for foreigners because of mass looting to venture out). 

There are many people who desperately need our help, they are injured, hungry, dehydrated and need immediate shelter and supplies -- unfortunately the Government of Philippines has betrayed its people and they are not up to dealing with a calamity of this magnitude. This can happen to any nation, and any people and we are in this forever.

Kindly please open your wallets and donate generously to any of your favourite charity, please make sure that it is a registered and reputable charity, you will also benefit from a tax receipt and you can be assured that your money is going to the most deserved people as long as you stick with a reputable charity.

I have given as much as I could, and I urge the rest of you to do the same, no matter how big or small, every single dollar, every single rupee counts and there can be no religion bigger than humanity -- in the name of your GOD whoever it may be, please donate generously.

Thank you! Thumbs Up

MODS: Please do kindly do NOT trash this topic.

The following 66 member(s) liked the above post:

gk_09Aahaanasha.mima22noori92Legolas3numi12chahat128crazyforsanayaSrishti_IFRakhi1608iluvrainaartiPrincessFibandschanchaliA_Zackanshmuupie_DarkLady_sanaLuvs1DmunnihyderabadIpshitaapingu.tinguKwerky23Diva-In-ArmorLenient-DhinChak-bb7bb7..Naina..-Deepzz-christiandior.Yuvika_15hinzKhotaSikaShreya-Misek-rits08..Labyrinth..ishakumarAllonsyGeronimoquboolhai_1fansweet_angel27CaptainCharismaNo2Pencil-Sachinist-ArianaGrandeIntrepida--Rose--FullyFaltoo.--Iqra--GETGOIN-JujuKAmit.Ghangas-BolNaHalke-AASUSincandescent-Cruiser-herms_angelLadyDabanggkhamosshhh..tora.tangled.-StephinesS-Vampire-queenMaNeBhiPyarKiya-Gangster-MaNanHoLiCTarantallegraCutiepie Rani-.SapnokiRani-.Saranghae

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "An Appeal to ALL India-Forumers -- Tragedy in Philipines" in Bigg Boss Saath 7 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

noori92

Groupbie

noori92

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheBoss

My apologies for posting this over here however I thought between all the irrelevant threads we go through everyday this is just another one so it wont hurt if I make one another -- particularly for something that is very important and pressing at this moment.

Good people of India-Forums as you must all be aware the nation of Philippines has been recently struck with tragedy and a typhoon has ravaged entire cities and hundreds of thousands of people are dead and many more injured. Unfortunately the state of decay is dire and the ones who have been spared are doing no better -- they have been without clean water or food for 4 days now and small children are dying of starvation as we speak.

I know this is not a regional matter to you but humanity has no bounds so please show some empathy for the people whose lives has been forever altered. Just like you I went around with my business after reading/hearing all the reports of this tragedy until a friend of mine who had been vacationing in Philippines gave me information that broke my heart. 

It was nice knowing that he purchased cookies/biscuits, noodles, canned food, bottled water with his own money and took a taxi in one of the region (Tackloban) and distributed supplies and it was heart wrenching to hear the stories of how very little children were running behind him to collect the supplies that he was throwing out of the car window (it is not safe for foreigners because of mass looting to venture out). 

There are many people who desperately need our help, they are injured, hungry, dehydrated and need immediate shelter and supplies -- unfortunately the Government of Philippines has betrayed its people and they are not up to dealing with a calamity of this magnitude. This can happen to any nation, and any people and we are in this forever.

Kindly please open your wallets and donate generously to any of your favourite charity, please make sure that it is a registered and reputable charity, you will also benefit from a tax receipt and you can be assured that your money is going to the most deserved people as long as you stick with a reputable charity.

I have given as much as I could, and I urge the rest of you to do the same, no matter how big or small, every single dollar, every single rupee counts and there can be no religion bigger than humanity -- in the name of your GOD whoever it may be, please donate generously.

Thank you! Thumbs Up

MODS: Please do kindly do NOT trash this topic.

I appreciate ur initiation in spreading the word!! People should definitely help the philippians by donating whatever they can to the best of their ability... Please do help for the people out there!! Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBossIntrepida

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Thanks -- anybody please feel free to name/list your favourite charities, please make sure they are reputable.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AASUS

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by noori92

I appreciate ur initiation in spreading the word!! People should definitely help the philippians by donating whatever they can to the best of their ability... Please do help for the people out there!! Smile

I know. Even if you cannot donate it is still allright and shows that we are so tiny speck in the grand scheme of life, we often complain on the smallest of things and feel like our problems are the only problems but when you see things in equation then only you understand that we are thankful to have a roof over our head, food in our stomach, clothes to wear, all the royal necessities in our life.

bandschanchaliAASUS

Yuvika_15

Viewbie

Yuvika_15

Compassionate CC Captain

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
really good thread...great 2 c it as a GA!
I appreciate ur efforts and hope that everyone does donate generously... people out there need our help, so before spending money on luxury items, just stop and think what that money could mean to those people struggling in this tragedy???????????

TheBossAASUS

AllonsyGeronimo

IF-Dazzler

AllonsyGeronimo

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
This seems to be a good initiative:

Edward Norton @EdwardNorton 13 Nov

This is a great way to help relief efforts in Philippines & get miles award from United: http://www.crowdrise.com/UnitedRelief  Kudos to United for this

Edward Norton @EdwardNorton 13 Nov

United Airlines is giving miles bonuses AND matching funds for donations to Philippine relief. Great way to help: http://www.crowdrise.com/UnitedRelief

Edited by -samosa- - 14 November 2013 at 2:54pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBosssamiya.059GETGOINVampire-queenAASUS

Tarantallegra

IF-Stunnerz

Tarantallegra

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
We ie my friends were talking about this in university on monday
It wa shocking to hear about it

However i have donated as much as i could today to those who were collecting money for it in uni

There in my prayers...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBossGETGOINAASUS

A_Zackan

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBoss

Post Reply New Post

Go to top