Fan Fictions

IMP: Change To FF Awards Procedure! (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

harshdb

IF-Stunnerz

harshdb

Posted: 13 November 2013 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
@Angel-Jot

Thanks for the clarification :)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "IMP: Change To FF Awards Procedure! (Page 3)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AALUSLOLWA

IF-Sizzlerz

AALUSLOLWA

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-Jot.

After speaking with the Development Team of various forums, we've all agreed on a new procedure of conducting awards for fanfictions/oneshots.

Thumbs Up  goood job Clap

The Procedure [starting next year's awards]

There is a list of forums below [list is subject to change to the discretion of the DT of the forum in question] that will be participating in the awards henceforth. What will happen is that the DT of each of those forums will let the DT of the FF Forum know what categories are required for that forum [FF/OS related] and those will be added in the final list of categories for the entire FF Awards. SmileSmileSmile

What will happen then is that those categories will be put up in that particular forum and members of that forum will get the chance to nominate one story per category. The link to the nomination thread will be posted in all the participating forums, allowing members from all of those members to join in. Nominations for each forum will occur one by one.

Members will then be allowed one round of votingShockedonly one voting round Ouch on all the nominations to shortlist about 2-3 stories per category. A panel of DT judges and/or members [yet to be decided]its better to let members decide by votes ..there are more chances that those who vote are not biased ..I m offending no one ..respect the judges too but giving opinion only  will read those stories [2 chapters for Fan Fictions - one chosen by author, other chosen by judge] exciting hhaaaii !!Big smileand decide the winner based on a certain guideline [which will be revealed to members once it's created to allow for any changes you all would like]. StarThumbs Up

For example:
The Madhubala Forum DT decides on 2 categories -> Best Madhubala-Rishabh Fan Fiction & Best Madhubala-Sultan Fan Fiction. Members of all the forums participating can then nominate fan fictions that come under both those categories. Those fan fictions can be posted at the Madhubala forum itself or the Fan Fiction Forum [or anywhere else on IF].

There will one round of voting where only members get to vote shortlisting 2-3 stories per category. Chosen judges will read those stories and decide on the winners based on a certain guideline.judgesConfused isin t it better to vote and choose ..judges bhi vote kar ly Big smile

This procedure not only allows for the involvement of members but also increases the chances of more writers from all over IF get recognized LOLinstead of just the more popular authors. Do keep in mind that this means ALL those forums are having their Forum's Story Awards at the same time as well. This ensures that the Awards are a more grand affair.

yes ..it sounds very exciting !! all the best to everyone!!

Of course, the FF Forum will also have it's Member Awards along with the story and the winners for those will be decided using the old procedure [only voting of the members].
 all the best to them too !!
Please find the list of forums joining our forum and giving this a try for next year below. Let's see how this works. Big smile

Clap it will be good !! i guess best way out !!

p.s those who got nominated this year and those who won ..congrats to all !!Big smile

-FF DT [Jot & Hershi]Star

done !! the wors in GREEN are my words Smile

Preet.Kc

IF-Sizzlerz

Preet.Kc

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 4:06am | IP Logged

Thanks for the clarification Hug

-FrozenRain-

Coolbie

-FrozenRain-

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 6:08am | IP Logged
A great Idea!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.

suhaani.cidmjht

IF-Rockerz

suhaani.cidmjht

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 6:43am | IP Logged
how about some wonderful shows which are off air and whose forums are locked? like parvarrish and sasural genda phool and miley jab hum tum (unlocked forum but off air show)

Smileyface

Viewbie

Smileyface

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 10:28am | IP Logged
^^ Those forums can participate as well! Any forum that is willing to do so, is allowed to join us. 

Take_That

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
The idea is great. It would really help foster talent. Big smile

evrydayirabbave

Goldie

evrydayirabbave

Posted: 14 November 2013 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
I like this idea Big smile
And also, on the other thread Sonia had posted, i didn't mean to offend anyone or anything, i was just saying my opinion
That's all i have to say about that
As for the awards, i actually like the idea

Destinyhope0305

Post Reply New Post

Go to top