Top 5 shows of the week (28th Oct-3rd Nov, 2013): Punar Vivah

ThruMyEyez-Nita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Placed second on the Top 5 shows of the week is Punar Vivah - Ek Nayi Umeed. This week saw the four lead characters - Raj, Divya, Sarita and Vikrant facing new challenges. Vikrant and Sarita came much closer and love was in the air. On the other hand, Divya tried to make Raj understand his mistakes and his love for her with the help of Sarita.

Concept

The story is about two old lovers Raj and Divya, who due to some circumstances are separated. After 10 years, Divya, a popular TV actress, returns to Bhopal to meet her lover Raj for whom she has waited all this while. She learns that Raj is married to Sarita. Divya thinks that Raj has moved on in life and decides to marry Gaurav. She does not know that in the 10 years of Raj and Sarita's marriage they did not have a real husband-wife relationship.

Entertainment Quotient

Launched in May earlier this year, the show got off to a slow start ranking very low in the TRP charts. After the super success of the first season, many expected the second to achieve the same success; however, the disappointing start to the show left many astonished. Also, the tiff between the lead actress and the producers didn't help matters either. But the entry of TV's popular name Ejaz Khan has worked wonders. The show is not only slowly climbing the TRP Charts but the current track has also kept the audience hooked. This week was no different; an entertainment filled week which saw some interesting twists and turns and also some budding romance brewing between Sarita and Vikrant.

Content QuotientThe audience had their plates full with romance, suspense, drama. All was available which made Punar Vivah 2 the No.2 show on the charts. I would give 4.25 out of 5 to the entertainment quotient.

The story line was good, the tracks changed smoothly. Both the tracks were given equal time. Also, the dialogues were well-written. Though some of them repetitive, it made up with the fast paced screenplay. Television shows have the habit of dragging along which reduce the interest of audience. Thankfully, this week the story line wasn't dragged. The direction was good. Although the twists and turns were clich, there was some thought put into them which shows; the creative team is doing a good job and I hope they maintain it.

I would give 4 out of 5 for the show's content quotient.

Performance Quotient

Eijaz Khan, for me, is the pick of the lot. It is a comeback of sorts for him, who was last seen on television after quite some time. He has managed to give a very subtle and underrated performance, quickly understanding the nuances of the character and slipping into the role of Vikrant. Last seen in Tanu weds Manu, I hope to see more of him in the show after a superb performance last week. The others also give equal support and help craft their characters skilfully. Though, with the romantic track being the center of focus, other actors have little to do, still they managed to shine in the little light they received. The antagonist is perfect in her part and plays a perfect foil to the lead characters. The little child is cute and adorable and is the show-stealer in the scenes.

Punar Vivah Ejaz and kid Top 5 shows of the week (28th Oct 3rd Nov, 2013): Punar Vivah Ek Nayi Umeed

I would like to give 4 out of 5 for the performance quotient.

Value of Time

Though pitted against some of the big shows on Indian Television, Punar Vivah 2 is your complete value show. It soaks you into the story and its characters in those 30 minutes. Last week I was impressed by the show and enjoyed every minute of it.

By Ish Chandok

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
TFS.

Where was this article published?

Top 5 of the week and yet we get news that its being pulled off air!

Originally posted by: Infofan

TFS.

Where was this article published?

Top 5 of the week and yet we get news that its being pulled off air!

It's a website called indiaopines.com. It's mostly based on personal opinions and stuff.
 I feel the article is a reflection of how well the show is actually doing.
relentless. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Truly unbelievable that its in the top 5 shows, positioned 2nd, and they are pulling it off air. Such a shame on ZeeTV 🤢
-Pooja- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I second that Yams dii sheer shame zeetv ! 🤬 
xxRiaKapoorxx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
wow ZeeTV wow 👏 apne hi show ko bahaut khub pehchana aapne. vah! way to go. 😡

I just dont understand, you have such a wonderful cast. such mindblowing actors. such a great script and story opportunity now, with ViSa. and what are you choosing to do?!? END IT!?! Pissing me off so much. 😡

tfs. if you can give the link of this article, I would like to tweet it to Zee, and others who can maybe help get our voice heard. please and thanks.

I pray ZeeTv realizes their stupidity.
Originally posted by: xxRiaKapoorxx

wow ZeeTV wow 👏 apne hi show ko bahaut khub pehchana aapne. vah! way to go. 😡

I just dont understand, you have such a wonderful cast. such mindblowing actors. such a great script and story opportunity now, with ViSa. and what are you choosing to do?!? END IT!?! Pissing me off so much. 😡

tfs. if you can give the link of this article, I would like to tweet it to Zee, and others who can maybe help get our voice heard. please and thanks.

I pray ZeeTv realizes their stupidity.

xxRiaKapoorxx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you. I am going to spam like a maniac. dont you worry guys. lets so them!
-Pooja- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
keep tweeting zeetv guys we have to tell them how much we love PV 2 !
PoOJa_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing
now PV2 is the only best show on zee TV