meme4u.com
meme4u.com

India-Forums

Allah's Sacred Month Muharram

hukshila IF-Rockerz
hukshila
hukshila

Posted: 09 November 2013 at 12:53pm | IP Logged

(May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be on all of you)

Meanings and Importance of Muharram

MUHARRAM means "Forbidden"; this is the first month of Islamic calendar (Hijari Calander). This month was always known as a sacred month even in the ancient times. Allah created Heaven and Earth and assigned 12 months a year out of which He has chosen 4 months as sacred months. Muharram is one of the four sanctified months about which Allah said in Surah Taubah:

Indeed, the number of months with Allah is twelve [lunar] months in the register of Allah [from] the day He created the heavens and the earth; of these, four are sacred. That is the correct religion, so do not wrong yourselves during them. And fight against the disbelievers collectively as they fight against you collectively. And know that Allah is with the righteous [who fear Him]. (Quran 9:36).

We can find the details of the sacred months in the following Hadith.

Narrated by Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) said. "(The division of time has turned to its original form which was current when Allah created the Heavens and the Earths. The year is of twelve months, out of which four months are sacred: Three are in succession Dhul-Qa' da, Dhul-Hijja and Muharram, and (the fourth is) Rajab of (the tribe of) Mudar which comes between Jumadi-ath-Thaniyah and Sha ban." (Bukhari Vol 4, Book 54 number 419)

It is forbidden to do all unlawful acts in the sacred months, prominently wars and the shedding of blood (though killing any innocent is forbidden in normal days to but especially forbidden in sacred months as mentioned above). "so do not wrong yourselves during them" clearly indicates that any sin and wrong doing in these months is a serious violation as compared to the wrongdoing and sins in any other month. War is allowed only in case if some one force war on Muslims to defend themselves as mentioned in above verse (Quran 9:36).The good deeds i.e. charity, fasting, praying and taking care for the rights of others also holds more reward in these months as compared to the other months.

Fasting of Ashura (10th Moharram)

Prophet Mohammad (Peace be Upon Him)'s Fast on Ashurah

Prophet Mohammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was used to be very keen to make sure he fasted on the day of 'Ashura' because of its great status.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) "I never saw Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) so keen to make sure he fasted any day and preferring it over another except this day, the day of 'Ashura', and this month (meaning Ramadan). (Bukhari, 1867).

People of Quraish were also use to of fasting on this day in the time of ignorance. Prophet Mohammad (Peace be Upon Him) fasted on this day and commanded people to fast on this day, but when the fasts of Ramadan became obligatory than the fast of Ashora became Optional (people were given a choice to fast for Ashura or abandon it)

Narrate by Ayshah (Allah be pleased with her): Quraysh used to fast on the day of Ashura in the Days of pre-Islamic days. And Allah's Messenger (Peace Be upon Him) also used to fast. When he migrated to Medina, he used to fast and he commanded the people to fast. But when the fasts of Ramadan were prescribed, they became FARDH and the Ashura was given up. So he who wished, fasted (on that day) and he who wished, did not (fast). [Ahmed 26127, Bukhari 4502, Muslim 1125 & 2499, Ibn e Majah 1733, Abu Dawud 2442 Tirmadhi Hadith 753]

Prophet Musa (Peace be Upon Him)'s Fast on Ashurah

Prophet Musa (Peace be Upon Him) was also use to of fasting this day for thanking to Allah for getting rid of Pharaoh on the day of Ashura (10 Moharram)

Narrated by Ibn'Abbas (Allah be pleased with him): The Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) arrived in Medina and found the Jews observing fast on the day of 'Ashura. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said to them: What is the (significance) of this day that you observe fast on it? They said: It is the day of great (significance) when Allah delivered Moses and his people, and drowned the Pharaoh and his people, and Moses observed fast out of gratitude and we also observe it. Upon this the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: We have more right, and we have a closer connection with Moses than you have; so Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) observed fast (on the day of 'Ashura), and gave orders that it should be observed.(Muslim Book 6, Hadeeth 2520)

It is encouraged to fast on Ninth besides 10th Muharram

Narrated by Abdullah b 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with him): Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had said "If I live till the next (year), I would definitely observe fast on the 9th, and the narration transmitted by Abu Bakr is:" He meant the day of Ashura." (Muslim Book 6, Hadeeth 2529)

Explanation:  One who keeps fast at ASHURA must fast either the day before too or the day after it making it couple of fasts as an isolated fast is not appreciable in Islam at ASHURA. i.e fast for 9th & 10th Muharram or 10th & 11th Moharram)

Allah's Month

Muharram holds another specialty that it is Allah's month.

Narrated  by Abu Hurayrah (Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Messenger (Peace Be Upon Him) said. "The most excellent fast after the fasts of the month of Ramadan is in the month of Allah, Muharram." [Ahmed 8542, Muslim 1163, Abu Dawud 2429, Nasai 1609, Ibn e Majah 1742, Tirmadhi 740)]

Reward of fasting on day of Ashura

Narrated by Abu Qatadah (Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said, "I hope from Allah that the fast of the day of Ashura will atone for (the sins of) the past year." (Muslim, 1162;  Tirmadhi Hadith 752)

Is Muharram a Mourning Month????

Many People have misunderstanding that Muharram is a mourning month while it holds its own importance since ancient times as discussed above. But many people think that Muharram's importance is only due to the sad Karbla incident which took place on 10th Muharram in 61 Hijery.

Islam doesn't allow killing any one as Allah told us in Qur'an in, Surah Maidah, saving one person means saving all mankind and killing one person means killing all mankind.

Whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely.  And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. (Quran 5:32)

Martyrs in Qur'an

Allah tells us in Qur'an that martyrs are alive but we cannot perceive it as mentioned in Surah Baqrah below

And do not say about those who are killed in the way of Allah , "They are dead." Rather, they are alive, but you perceive [it] not. 
(Quran 2:154)

Mourning in Islam?????

As Hussain (May Allah be pleased with Him, the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (Peace be Upon Him) and his family members were martyrs who defended the truth so according to Quran they are alive and should not be mourned upon. We LOVE our BELOVED Prophet Mohammad Peace be Upon Him and His family and condemn the sad incident of Karbla but Isalm doesn't allow us to mourn on any one more than three days (only  a wife can mourn for husband for four months and 10 days)  as describes in following ahadith.

Narrated by Abdullah ibn Ja'far (May Allah be pleased with Him):  Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) delayed coming to visit Ja'far's family 'for three days after his death, then he came to them and said, "Do not cry for my brother after today." (Abud Dawood, Vol 3, p. 1165, number 4180)

Narrated by Umm 'Ateeyah (May Allah be pleased with Her):  At the time of giving the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet (peace be Upon Him) one of the conditions was that we would not wail (Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 393 same is narrated in Abu Dawood Book 20, Number 3125)

Narrated by Umm 'Ateeyah (May Allah be pleased with Her):  "We were forbidden to mourn for more than three days for a dead person, except for a husband, in which case a woman should mourn for four months and ten days [during this period] we were not allowed to wear khol on our eyes, nor perfume ourselves, nor wear colored clothes, except 'asab cloth. It was permissable for us at the time of bathing at the end of menses to use a small amount of incense. (Bukhari, vol.7, pp.193-4, number 254 and Sahih Muslim, vol.2, p.778, number 3552)

Narrated by Ibn Mas'ood (May Allah be pleased with Him)  Prophet Mohammad (Peace be Upon Him) said, "Whoever slaps his face, tears his clothes, or invites(others)to an un-islamic slogan is not of us." ( Bukhaari number 1294;  Muslim number 103, Ibn Maajah and al-Bayhaqee)

Narrated by  Muhammad bin Sirin (May Allah be pleased with Him): One of the sons of Um 'Atiyya (May Allah be pleased with Her) died, and when it was the third day she asked for a yellow perfume and put it over her body, and said, "We were forbidden to mourn for more than three days except for our husbands."  (Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 369)

Narrated by  Zainab bint Abi Salama (May Allah be Pleased with Her): When the news of the death of Abu Sufyan (May Allah be pleased with Him) reached from Sham, Um Habiba (May Allah be Pleased with Her) on the third day, asked for a yellow perfume and scented her cheeks and forearms and said, "No doubt, I would not have been in need of this, had I not heard the Prophet
(Peace be Upon Him) saying: "It is not legal for a woman who believes in Allah and the Last Day to mourn for more than three days for any dead person except her husband, for whom she should mourn for four months and ten days." (Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 370)

Narrated by  AbuSa'id al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with Him): The Apostle of Allah (Peace be Upon Him) cursed the wailing woman and the woman who listens to her. (Abu Dawood Book 20, Number 3122)

Narrated by AbuHurayrah: Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said: A bier should not be followed by a loud voice (of wailing) or fire. (Abu Dawood Book 20, Number 3165)

Summary of Important incidents which took place in Muharram

• 2nd Caliph of Islam UMAR (May Allah be pleased with him), Father in Law of Prophet Mohammad (Peace be Upon Him) was martyr on  1 Muharram.

Incidents of Asurhra (10 Muharram)

• This was the day when the ship of NOAH (Peace be upon Him) landed somewhere in the present-day Iraq or Turkey.

• This was the day when IBRAHIM (Peace be upon Him) was saved from the fire in which he was thrown by Nimrod.

• This was the day when MUSA (Moses) (Peace be upon Him) with the BANI-ISRAEL crossed the river that had miraculously parted for them and that drowned Pharaoh and his nation.

• This was the day when EESA (Jesus) (Peace be upon Him) was raised to heaven unharmed alive (as per Quran statement); SALAM be upon all Messengers of Allah.

• HUSSAIN (May Allah be pleased with Him), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (Peace be Upon Him) and many of his family members were martyer at Karbala on this day of Muharram 61 AH.

However, except for the matter related to MUSA (Peace be upon Him) other matters have no clear conformation anywhere in Ahadith.

PS. The topic is made to spread awareness regarding this month and to inform about its original importance in Islam as some people consider it as a month of mourning only, without knowing the original importance of Muharram and the day of Ashura (10th Muharram). Post credit to
Sanaya.Barun for reminding me to write on Muharram or the post might be late by 2 more days.

PSS. You all are requested to remember me and my family in your prayers please and also pray for the martyrs for the sake of Allah. May Allah help us and guide us on each step of life ameen.

PSSS. Every one is allowed to share this post,  NO COMPULSION

Note: I am just conveying the right message, if any one doesn't agree, please don't start fight here, simply close the post and do some thing else instead of fighting. I am not here to fight, I have much better works to do in my real life. Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Edited by hukshila - 11 November 2013 at 12:46pm

The following 153 member(s) liked the above post:

Nazia86zainab3Nostalgic_countdashinggirlFASSBEN-Sania-khuwahishSomeraxNeytiriShemliArshaAfiChanAC_CAangelsabreenxzBristylovemounimaheerah_khan-Gitanjali-ALUJNA21.Karam.Deewani.-FrozenRain-malika.123Z_ArShikespariTVD-IANcrazySuhana622zainabhassan1beauty14sweetnonisam78.Safina._G1234_innocentgreenipkarshidhara_uAabish_02Fadila55.Muskhaan.SukuKiiDeewanivari3241Simz786gunurloveshinseenRushilovesBarun..Adeeba..ToobaHarshiti._SudiptA_.Sanaya.Barun.BumbleBee.Redrose07Ayesha_HasanPayaDesire95--Kshitz--hiranrocksAya.Choco_CosmosshassmeerubzaraHina69bewakoofLadkisana11Roxxy47-Farwa_Ibrahim-Arshifan4lifestarsanjanaAisha1996Humayra--Iqra--DANGGG..RareGem..UltimateBarun.rumki.PaintedSkysadffireena54418mypridemasaf59Warda.-Zahra15-Eccentric.Being...Mallu...caskerAlyaa_27samiya.059MrMrsChiping.-Anila-Newton123Beintehaa_ZaYaARSHIANDIThe_Imanehoneybees22-Hinaloveasya-awida...Ayesha....Sukirticious.KifPaulholicFatima_Q.Antique_Piece.smile.sara-Alina...Desi-Kuri..ragvir.fanCandYlicious_SMariaa.RDAkorshimonikasethsanniyaOptimisticEyesbaz786-Maha-AmeresiluvOriginals-Marie-pup03NickysweetCute_StrawberrycheesemadreemamariyamMaaneetDeewangiHawaaPot-VildanaROSID-kbtrMisHumptyDumpty-Dil-.Shree.SaiSsoharastg1BerryBlush07...navina...Cloudy.Nighttaahir004jtmbarunMaNeBhiPyarKiyaCrazyDollAnandiTarantallegraFazila~blackb28pickachuLoquacious_Aashbuzzy.reenaholi_BlackPearl_-wintergreen-Fearless_Lover.Glyceriene.RatiTheAngel.Hdhdrechus-Orchid--Spirited-.FlawlessSarun.tomnjerry2-RohitMaxwell-.shinchan.-DevilGal--SizzlingBarun-

hukshila IF-Rockerz
hukshila
hukshila

Posted: 09 November 2013 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
some other occasional posts, if some one is interested to check

Eid ul Adha, The Sacrifice Reminder

Eid-ul-Fiter Mubarak

Lailat-ul-Qadr (The Night of Power)

Paradise Gates are Open in Ramadan

CANCER-Fighting Spice Reduces Tumors by 81%-EDITED

Historical Facts about Lupercalia (Valentine day)

Laila tul Meraj: The Greatest Travel

Some Similarities between Islam and Sikhism

PS: U all are most welcome to share it with your family and friends. NO compulsion. May Allah give you the reward of spreading knowledge. ameen

PSS: Pls ADD me in your buddy list if you are interested to get my future occasional posts.

Edited by hukshila - 09 November 2013 at 2:28pm

The following 69 member(s) liked the above post:

dashinggirlFASSBEN.Karam.Deewani.sam78_G1234_zainabhassan1beauty14..Adeeba..ToobaHarshitiPayaDesire95Ayesha_Hasan.BumbleBee.._SudiptA_.Sanaya.Barunpinky118hiranrocks.Muskhaan.gunurloveSukuKiiDeewanimeerubzaraHina69shasssana11-Anila-Warda.Eccentric.Being...Mallu....rumki.sadffireena54418myprideBeintehaa_ZaYaAisha1996Roxxy47-Farwa_Ibrahim-Humayra--Iqra--pup03MisHumptyDumpty-Dil-Cute_StrawberryawidaAkorshiragvir.fanFatima_Qsmile.saraBerryBlush07...navina....Antique_Piece..Sukirticious.SaiSsoharastg1Amerestaahir004Cloudy.Night_BlackPearl_buzzy.reenaholiFazila~pickachuCrazyDollAnandiMaNeBhiPyarKiya-SizzlingBarun-.FlawlessSarun.-Orchid-Hdhd-DevilGal-.shinchan.tomnjerry2

.FlawlessSarun. IF-Addictz
.FlawlessSarun.
.FlawlessSarun.

Posted: 09 November 2013 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
reserved*

Edited* 

Asalam Alaikum sister and Muharram Mubarak to you&all my muslim brother&sisters ! may allah bring loads happiness for all of us<3

now coming to your post<3 ! muharram has always been special to me ! know all that took place! 
subhanallah ! alhumdulillah i checked your post because i didn't know about Essa/Jesus&many you mentioned and now i have more reasons to be happy<3 

we love hussain too and what happened to him in karbala was Sad but he wouldn't Want us to hurt ourselves and mourn for him because he too followed our prophet mohammed (pbuh) where it said mourning more thn 3 days is NOT GOOD until you a wife  so why should we disrespect him? ! 

every year i fast on 9th&10th muharram ! but this year due to my health i couldn't ! but i still remember last year a very close friend of mine came up to me and told me (even tho i know her intentions were pure n not to offend me) she said " manal why are you fasting? ! u know u my sister and i will tell u that this day people(sunni's in particular) fast to celebrate our pain" i was too weak to reply her but i just smiled and said "My allah knows why im fasting ! i don't think i have to answer anyone" 
but she came to my house and apologized the next day which was not needed because i was clearly NOT offended :) 

My intentions nor my comments intend to offend anyone ! but its cuz the Muharram post made this year did offend me by Tagging all of us n saying muharram:month of mourning i say astagfirullah calling the whole holy month a month of Mourning.

so sister thankQ so much for the information you gave. 

-manal

Edited by .FlawlessSarun. - 09 November 2013 at 2:58pm

The following 28 member(s) liked the above post:

dashinggirlipkarshi_G1234_SukuKiiDeewani.Muskhaan.mbbsrocks..Adeeba..Ayesha_Hasan.BumbleBee.Sanaya.BarunAisha199618myprideWarda.hukshilasamiya.059UltimateBarunOptimisticEyes.Sukirticious.SaiShoneybees22awidaMisHumptyDumptyMaNeBhiPyarKiyaCloudy.Nightbuzzy.reenaholi-DevilGal--SizzlingBarun-tomnjerry2

angelic shaz IF-Sizzlerz
angelic shaz
angelic shaz

Posted: 09 November 2013 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
reserve

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

hukshilasmile.saraSaiS-SizzlingBarun-.FlawlessSarun.

Sanaya.Barun IF-Dazzler
Sanaya.Barun
Sanaya.Barun

Posted: 09 November 2013 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
ThankYou So much for making this post and taking out your time. :) we really appreciate it! 
May Allah bless you! 

Hope this post make people understand and instead of doing the forbidden act of hurting them self or mourning in this month, they pray and Fast for Allah. Allah's messenger Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) have completed Islam and we are not allowed to add anything to it.

I knew about these incidences with our Prophets about didn't knew it was this day. 

And thanks for mentioning my name dear! Embarrassed

Edited by Sanaya.Barun - 09 November 2013 at 3:10pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

ipkarshiSukuKiiDeewanimbbsrocksAyesha_Hasan.Muskhaan.Aisha1996bewakoofLadkihukshilasmile.saraSaiS.Sukirticious.awida-SizzlingBarun-.FlawlessSarun.tomnjerry2

...Mallu... IF-Rockerz
...Mallu...
...Mallu...

Posted: 09 November 2013 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
RES

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Asya_KaJenhukshilaSaiS.FlawlessSarun.

sumayyah1 IF-Sizzlerz
sumayyah1
sumayyah1

Posted: 09 November 2013 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
hukshilla