Debate Mansion

Beauty- branded creams Vs Dadi ke nuske

Poll Question: What is more effective form of skin care, Dadi Ma ke nuske or Branded

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [17.24%]
1 [3.45%]
23 [79.31%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 10:43am | IP Logged
What is a more effective form of skin care ? Is it using expensive creams like L'Oreal , Oil of Olay,and other such.

Or is it the herbal , natural skin care products like Shahnaz Hussain, Bio tech, Co Bigelow, and other.

or is it haldi, sandalwood, milk, honey and other such products straight of the kitchen shelves ?

Also share your experiences with the same and give advise and take advise.Wink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Beauty- branded creams Vs Dadi ke nuske" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 10:48am | IP Logged
If you have the patience, and the wisdom to know what suits your skin best, then there is nothing better than dadi ma ke nuskhe, straight from the kitchen. I have seen simple veggies and fruits working wonders on skin which failed to respond to the best of the brands.And I myself use plenty of them on my clients, and they are such a happier lot now.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

If you have the patience, and the wisdom to know what suits your skin best, then there is nothing better than dadi ma ke nuskhe, straight from the kitchen. I have seen simple veggies and fruits working wonders on skin which failed to respond to the best of the brands.And I myself use plenty of them on my clients, and they are such a happier lot now.

Oh Minnie i was hoping our inhouse beautician will answer this topic.Tongue

By the way guys Minnie is a proffesional beautician. I hope you can give us some free beauty advice.Embarrassed

Minnie i was wondering what do you think of this new skin pealing (i forget the name) technique. Where the chemical peals of the top most layer and gives you a fresh bottom layer.

Is it recommended by you ?

*Anjali*

IF-Dazzler

*Anjali*

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 2:19pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Minnie i was wondering what do you think of this new skin pealing (i forget the name) technique. Where the chemical peals of the top most layer and gives you a fresh bottom layer.

Is it recommended by you ?

Is it microdermabrasion, Aparna?  If so, I'm not sure I'd recommend it b/c it left my skin feeling kind of abrasive.

Personally I do like the name brand creams such as L'Oreal and Oil of Olay.  I actually use anti-aging creams right now...at the ripe age of 23...LOLEmbarrassed b/c they say you should start early to prevent your skin from getting damaged.

Minnie - i too would be interested on your opinions on various creams or natural remedies..

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:42pm | IP Logged

Oh my !!! LOL This is turning out to be a advise topic rather than a debate..... Wink

OK, here is my take:

1) branded products: if you can find one that suits your skin, then branded products are actually very good. Some of them work exactly the way they should and make the skin supple, or acne free, or wrinkle free ( rather smoothe out the lines) or whatever it is that they are being used for. However, nothing beats a daily routine of cleansing, and moisturising the skin and drinking plenty of water.But they are pretty expensive for one thing, and at times if the product being used is not for the skin type, then it can cause problems. For example, if a lady having normal to oily skin uses an age defying cream, she can have breakouts as the oil balance of her skin goes into a chaos. Similarly, a young girl who has a very normal skin but gets one or two breakouts an year uses products to control breakouts just as a precaution because her friend told her that using them stops p***les,she might end up with an awfully dry skin which can go into premature ageing due to loss of moisture and hydration. The down side is, if the cream is chemical based, the damamge can be sometimes irreversible.

2) Herbal products: very safe to use, and can be used anytime, again provided that right product used for right skin. Herbal products are natural, and one good thing about them is that they seldom have any side effects.I swear by Shahnaz. I am hesitant to try out new herbal lines, but Biotique is pretty good too. Ayur is OK as a daily cream and cleanser.

3) Dadi ma ke nuske: I love them and they are the most trusted things. However knowing and remember them can be a huge task.

Originally posted by Evee

Haha..minnie ji, even I would like to ask a question Embarrassed I got no skin problems but I hate my hair Cry would you recommend hair relaxors? Would anyone else like to share their experince about it?

These are based on chemicals, which are also used to clean drains. They soften the hair to a point where they can be manipulated to suit your needs. But get them done by professionals, take extra care of your hair, DO NOT use of your hair has been previously damaged, or are rough and have too many spilt ends. Also, sometimes, their effect is not as lasting if you have stubborn curls and if you live in a moist climate.

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:52pm | IP Logged
Now this is an interesting topic. Thanks Aps & Minnie!!

Anjali!! I love microdermabrasion. My skin glows after the use Embarrassed

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bluepink

Now this is an interesting topic. Thanks Aps & Minnie!!

Anjali!! I love microdermabrasion. My skin glows after the use Embarrassed

Hey i started using the Oil of Olay microdemabrasion and i love it. I had tanned like crazy since we did loads of summer out door activities, but within 10 days i see my tan is going away. ( I have tan paranoia....colour fixationEmbarrassed)

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Anjali*

Personally I do like the name brand creams such as L'Oreal and Oil of Olay.  I actually use anti-aging creams right now...at the ripe age of 23...LOLEmbarrassed b/c they say you should start early to prevent your skin from getting damaged.

Shocked

Post Reply New Post

Go to top