Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Saumya19 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
shyamala di..you already know it and actually even knew it before you even  penned it down. this is an awesome post. I understand the butparasti thing and its consequences which definitely are so very moderate in their effect  on screen. Had it been reality the scenario would have been so very different not only then, even today.  What really made my eyes pop open in disbelief not because I did not agree but because it was exactly what I had been thinking but was too scared to say out loud...was this part
"Besides, if anything had happened to Jodha,  which I do not for a moment believe, it would hurt, often  a lot,  for the vast majority of women, and possibly bleed  as well. So there is NO way a  woman who is, as the old-fashioned term went, untouched, would not know. If Jodha  did not feel anything or there was no blood, she should have known that her paakeezagi  was intact. Ugh..."

I could feel that UGH...equally...but LOLed too...poor CVS need a lesson in applied biology I guess or something...I don't get it why hav they shown JOdha that dumb...I feel so very sorry for Paridhi

Tanmaya1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Amazing Post  πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
JAN_SA thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
lovely analysis -simply love reading your posts
KDR81 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Shyamala,
   I know I should have waited till u delivered the Century...but just could not bear the torture of the Cvs after todays epi...
What makes me surprised is that,after such an incredibly poor handling of the whole fiasco...still so many in the forum are singing praise of the CVs or of Jodha...!!!!🀒😲 Outrageous...!!
Am copying some of the lines which I posted to Alakh's thread...rest I shall wait for ur Post Centenary ...!!
---------------------------------
  Just saw the epi... I don't know about others....but I simply don't have words to describe the disappointment I am feeling right now seeing the Ostentatious handling of the whole Issue😑😑😑😑 (not to mention the repeat mention of a Non-existant Vadaa by both the leadsπŸ˜•πŸ˜•) of Snow-Storm incident which was also an unwanted one in the first place...!!!!🀒 

If this is the way CVs of Ms.EK handles epic love-stories , then I think I made a BIG mistake in thinking that this was probably one of those rare Balaji creations which are worth watching and makes sense...!!!!

I simply cannot digest the IRRATIONAL,IRRITATING,NONSENSICAL  dialogues and mention of some elusive Vaada/Vachan which never was shown or was made at all 😑...!!!!

As coming to the Sheikh SC , who I find has been replaced by this well-known actor now, the scene was rushed and was okay...!!The letter was nice...(I think this was the only part which was worth watching😊)

And to say the least...due to the mishandling of the CVs , Now I am finding -

1. Jodha, simply unbearably Irritating Female who is rude , ungrateful , un-polished which makes Not at all a good material to be the Mallika !!
🀒 In one word, a Pure CHUDAIL-E-HINDUSTAN...!!🀒

2.Incredibly unlike the emperor he was portrayed to be even a li'l while ago...more like a Love-sick indulgent Joru -ka-Ghulam or may be MajnuπŸ˜’...who allows himself to be used and insulted now and again by a CHUDAIL like Jodha...πŸ˜•

I think somehow, the CVs got the wrong message about audience mentality which they monitor every week, after throwing a Googly on Fridays...!! the Outburst of "IT OR NOT " is somehow misinterpreted ...which made them dole out such a stupid , nonsensical "Kaala Libaas"explanation by Jalaal which could not be made palatable even when served with the Rajat-Brand Smile...!!πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

This is my opinion about the epi and the serial right now, as I had no idea what garbage Ms.EK serves in her Serials...!!(this is the 1st one i am watching)πŸ˜•

I am a chronic Migraine patient and am suffering from Migraine attack right now, thanks to the super-silly scene between Ja-Jo...🀒
-------------------------

Regards,
Kamal

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My poor Kamal,

Please do not fret and make your migraine worse with this nonsensical episode. As you have noted, and here is where I  too agree with Vicki, the letter from Sheikh Salim Chisti was the only truly good part today.

The rest was diabetes-inducing from Jalal and Hamida, standard issue griping from Mahaam and Ruqaiya, who could hardly be blamed for taking the easy way out to save Jalal's takht, and  a very poor showing by Jodha who  was, in the final accounting, not ready to do anything to save the Shahenshah's throne by offering to convert, which is what I would have expected her to do as soon as Jalal offered to abdicate in favour of Rahim.

The part which took the cake was the black cloth explanation, which you have taken apart most satisfactorily (I have copy pasted that segment from your post on Vicki's thread for the readers of this thread) , so that I do not have to add anything at all. Obviously none of the CVs has done even an elementary course in physics!πŸ˜‰

All in all, a very slap dash episode,  and no, it could not have been scripted this way because of any public reaction to the body heat issue, here or elsewhere. These things are shot and edited in advance, and they must be having  at least a week's episodes, if not more, in stock at any given time.  So the idiocies were all pre-planned!

For me, the only interesting revelation in the episode was that Adham Khan had not done the chugli with the maulvis about Jalal's butparasti. Then who did it? Even earlier, I was wondering about who could have known about Jalal's  maatha-tekhna in front of the Kaali Maa,  for only Jodha and her daasis were with Jalal then, and all the Mughal courtiers had been left outside. Unless one of the daasis gushed about what the Shahenshah had done to one of the Mughal baandis. It is mysterious.

Shyamala

(
This hardly makes sense becoz...if that had been the remedy, wouldn't the Medical Woman had applied and tried that even before asking the Shahenshah to do something which only he had the right to do?? Or was she equally incompetent like the Chhota Hakim of Sultanate in Baagh case??πŸ˜• Wrapping in black cloth cannot be the remedy of hypothermia...as black cloth can stop the reflection & dissipation of heat but cannot PRODUCE it on it's own...There has to be a source of Heat production present for the Black Libaas thing to work as it absorbs the heat and does not allow it to escape easily...!! Illiterate CVs...😑)

Originally posted by: KDR81

Hi Shyamala,
   I know I should have waited till u delivered the Century...but just could not bear the torture of the Cvs after todays epi...
What makes me surprised is that,after such an incredibly poor handling of the whole fiasco...still so many in the forum are singing praise of the CVs or of Jodha...!!!!🀒😲 Outrageous...!!
Am copying some of the lines which I posted to Alakh's thread...rest I shall wait for ur Post Centenary ...!!
---------------------------------
  Just saw the epi... I don't know about others....but I simply don't have words to describe the disappointment I am feeling right now seeing the Ostentatious handling of the whole Issue😑 (not to mention the repeat mention of a Non-existant Vadaa by both the leadsπŸ˜•πŸ˜•) of Snow-Storm incident which was also an unwanted one in the first place...!!!!🀒 

If this is the way CVs of Ms.EK handles epic love-stories , then I think I made a BIG mistake in thinking that this was probably one of those rare Balaji creations which are worth watching and makes sense...!!!!

I simply cannot digest the IRRATIONAL,IRRITATING,NONSENSICAL  dialogues and mention of some elusive Vaada/Vachan which never was shown or was made at all 😑...!!!!

As coming to the Sheikh SC , who I find has been replaced by this well-known actor now, the scene was rushed and was okay...!!The letter was nice...(I think this was the only part which was worth watching😊)

And to say the least...due to the mishandling of the CVs , Now I am finding -

1. Jodha, simply unbearably Irritating Female who is rude , ungrateful , un-polished which makes Not at all a good material to be the Mallika !!
🀒 In one word, a Pure CHUDAIL-E-HINDUSTAN...!!🀒

2.Incredibly unlike the emperor he was portrayed to be even a li'l while ago...more like a Love-sick indulgent Joru -ka-Ghulam or may be MajnuπŸ˜’...who allows himself to be used and insulted now and again by a CHUDAIL like Jodha...πŸ˜•

I think somehow, the CVs got the wrong message about audience mentality which they monitor every week, after throwing a Googly on Fridays...!! the Outburst of "IT OR NOT " is somehow misinterpreted ...which made them dole out such a stupid , nonsensical "Kaala Libaas"explanation by Jalaal which could not be made palatable even when served with the Rajat-Brand Smile...!!πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

This is my opinion about the epi and the serial right now, as I had no idea what garbage Ms.EK serves in her Serials...!!(this is the 1st one i am watching)πŸ˜•

I am a chronic Migraine patient and am suffering from Migraine attack right now, thanks to the super-silly scene between Ja-Jo...🀒
-------------------------

Regards,
Kamal

sashashyam thumbnail
I phrased it as restitution of conjugal rights, which would of course need them to have been there in the first place, as you have pointed out. That was my slip up, I should have said giving of conjugal rights.

And no, Jodha cannot sue for an annulment without due reason; an annulment is like a divorce, and it can be given only with due reason, unless the marriage was against the law in the first place, like, say, a child marriage. There are no possible grounds on which she can seek annulment, for which the most common cause is fraud, compulsion, or an underage marriage to which one party does not consent after attaining majority (till then, the marriage cannot be annulled). This marriage was entered into with her explicit consent, remember.

It is the same for a judicial separation, there have to be valid reasons. She cannot offer any; he has not ill treated her, quite the opposite, in fact.

You are forgetting one major difference between annulment, separation, divorce etc. and conjugal rights.  The former are remedies sought for an unsatisfactory marriage and may or may not be granted by the courts.

The latter is legally part of the marriage contract and has to be fulfilled by both parties. The court will enforce this obligation without any question, unless the defendant can advance any clear reasons like physical abuse, or unnatural demands,  for her/his refusal to have marital relations with the plaintiff.

The two are not comparable at all, and so that route is not open for the chudail begum, I am afraid.

I liked that crack about the unscheduled swimming exercise!

Shyamala

Originally posted by: anobserver

Let me start with thanking you for a "B"-themed post. Now, your post on the birds and the bees had me out in the manner of one with a particular bee in my bonnet. So, here goes.

First, does not restitution of conjugal rights imply the existence of certain facts -- that conjugal relations had been established between the parties and that, thereafter, one has withdrawn from the society of the other?

Second, assuming that such a case for restitution of conjugal rights could be maintained, if Jalal were to sue today for restitution of conjugal rights, based
on the facts of this particular serial, Jodha could counter sue for annulment of the marriage, couldn't she? And, if for political reasons she dare not do it, she could counter sue for judicial separation, couldn't she? She would still be the legal wife of the Emperor albeit without having to engage in conjugal relations. It would then be up to Jalal to sue for divorce should he wish to tarnish his reputation with a divorce or renege on the agreement entered into between him and the King of Amer. Arrgh, I appear to have overlooked one tiny detail. He won't (or can't) sue her for divorce as she will likely invite him to follow her for a repeat of an unscheduled swimming exercise, right?πŸ˜‰

sashashyam thumbnail
My dear Saumya,

Thank you, and as for @blue, why, there are some advantages to being over 60. You can write outrageously frank things and get away with it!πŸ˜‰

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by: mytinypaintings

shyamala di..you already know it and actually even knew it before you even  penned it down. this is an awesome post. I understand the butparasti thing and its consequences which definitely are so very moderate in their effect  on screen. Had it been reality the scenario would have been so very different not only then, even today.  What really made my eyes pop open in disbelief not because I did not agree but because it was exactly what I had been thinking but was too scared to say out loud...was this part

"Besides, if anything had happened to Jodha,  which I do not for a moment believe, it would hurt, often  a lot,  for the vast majority of women, and possibly bleed  as well. So there is NO way a  woman who is, as the old-fashioned term went, untouched, would not know. If Jodha  did not feel anything or there was no blood, she should have known that her paakeezagi  was intact. Ugh..."

I could feel that UGH...equally...but LOLed too...poor CVS need a lesson in applied biology I guess or something...I don't get it why hav they shown JOdha that dumb...I feel so very sorry for Paridhi

sashashyam thumbnail
My dear,

I am glad you found that bit about the power of the clergy useful.

No, Mahaam has not made an about turn. She is like a split personality, and each half is true to itself.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: lams

Awesome explanation of the role of the maulvis ... I coudnt understand that part but your explanation cleared it for me ...

I have not understood MA's about turn ...So did the writers and creative team change recently ??
I thought that was a few months ago ?? I wish a good brief is given to them ...though the way the TV serial world works I dont think that happens :(

KDR81 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Shyamala,
     As for the Chugli...I am sure that, this too will be a "Khoda Pahar Nikla Chuhaa" Just like the MC track πŸ˜•...We will spent days surmising who can the person be...and surviving through tiresome epis with unrealistically oscillating relationship between Ja-Jo ... just as the whole CID gang of Mughal Sultanate comprising of Jalaal , MA , Ruqaiya and may be Jodha will carry out their own individual fruitless investigations...and in the end it will be shown to be either Shariffuddin or some equally predictable scape-goat of the CVs...!!(Like some irked Rajvanshi ...)
Now, this is the expectation level I have set for this serial...to save myself from further irritation and disappointments.

Regards,
Kamal

Originally posted by: sashashyam

My poor Kamal,

Please do not fret and make your migraine worse with this nonsensical episode. As you have noted, and here is where I  too agree with Vicki, the letter from Sheikh Salim Chisti was the only truly good part today.

The rest was diabetes-inducing from Jalal and Hamida, standard issue griping from Mahaam and Ruqaiya, who could hardly be blamed for taking the easy way out to save Jalal's takht, and  a very poor showing by Jodha who  was, in the final accounting, not ready to do anything to save the Shahenshah's throne by offering to convert, which is what I would have expected her to do as soon as Jalal offered to abdicate in favour of Rahim.

The part which took the cake was the black cloth explanation, which you have taken apart most satisfactorily (I have copy pasted that segment from your post on Vicki's thread for the readers of this thread) , so that I do not have to add anything at all. Obviously none of the CVs has done even an elementary course in physics!πŸ˜‰

All in all, a very slap dash episode,  and no, it could not have been scripted this way because of any public reaction to the body heat issue, here or elsewhere. These things are shot and edited in advance, and they must be having  at least a week's episodes, if not more, in stock at any given time.  So the idiocies were all pre-planned!

For me, the only interesting revelation in the episode was that Adham Khan had not done the chugli with the maulvis about Jalal's butparasti. Then who did it? Even earlier, I was wondering about who could have known about Jalal's  maatha-tekhna in front of the Kaali Maa,  for only Jodha and her daasis were with Jalal then, and all the Mughal courtiers had been left outside. Unless one of the daasis gushed about what the Shahenshah had done to one of the Mughal baandis. It is mysterious.

Shyamala

(
This hardly makes sense becoz...if that had been the remedy, wouldn't the Medical Woman had applied and tried that even before asking the Shahenshah to do something which only he had the right to do?? Or was she equally incompetent like the Chhota Hakim of Sultanate in Baagh case??πŸ˜• Wrapping in black cloth cannot be the remedy of hypothermia...as black cloth can stop the reflection & dissipation of heat but cannot PRODUCE it on it's own...There has to be a source of Heat production present for the Black Libaas thing to work as it absorbs the heat and does not allow it to escape easily...!! Illiterate CVs...😑)

sashashyam thumbnail
Alakh my sweet, I needed that dose of pure humour, thank you!

And Ela, do stop cribbing any time anything positive is said about someone you dislike!πŸ˜‰ I did not make what Ruqaiya  did out to be rocket science. I made out to be a combo of a good intelligence network - which is more than Jalal seems to have, what were his chaps in Agra doing all the while that the maulvi revolt was brewing? - a quick and correct assessment, and swift action.

Which it indubitably was. All the begums there would have known as much as Ruqaiya about the religious repercussions for the Shahenshah, including Salima, but no one else thought of doing anything effective, did they?

And I do not agree with the facile explanation that she is simply defending her own interests that are tied to Jalal. She is his childhood friend and she loves him in her own fashion. Why, by the same token, if and when Jodha tries to protect Jalal in the future, one could argue that it would be because his continuance in power is vital for Amer's survival

I would like  it if Jodha some day graduated to the same level of sharpness in defending Jalal's interests in Agra, and not thinking all the time about her maayka. There was a flash of it when she spoke up against the Rat King to her family, but it was a flash in the pan.

Shyamala

Originally posted by: elasingh

AK ko sambhalane ke liye Moti hai...and Jo is not dumb...