So numbers for the show have gone down as weeks progresses. I can't say I am surprised as I myself have simply followed WU and not cared to watch full episodes.
So as the title goes, what's the reason and how to rectify it?
Get ready ppl, haven't done this in a while so will be longgg...
1) Who's the show about? Nandini, the most important of all. That means the characters needs to be well defined and have some depth. Character doesn't have depth as being portrayed as too goodey shoes and ladli of colony and savior, etc. That may be typical heroine for typical daily soap, but here theme is "politics". So enough with showing Nandini either smiling at everything of shedding tears. Sure she is aam ladki but if she is to transform into a leader, need to show strong personality. Someone who understands core issue, is perceptive of how real world operates and can be tough. Showing naive, bleed heart and typical sacrificing gal ain't gonna cut it. Wish didn't have to compare but Siddhi had more attitude. So Nandini needs to soon gain firm confidence that says I am ready to take on it.
Show layers of the character and let it develop as happens in real life. Not gal who can be manipulated by ppl, not even family members, then only can she truly be a leader.
2) What's this whole royal family thing? What royal family is settled in Delhi?
Fine you want to keep it but why this khali pilli ego in them? India has been democracy for longest time, who cares about so called royal family? So when you show royal kid being chased by boys and girls is like
Not to mention their party is not even in power so what's with so much attitude without any substance. Also Gayatru Devi's sole reason to run party is her hubby's dream. Are you kidding me
All of it seems so superficial. There is no depth there, it's like they woke up one day and said let's just join politics because they have no idea about things and have to rely on advisor for every little thing
3) Rajveer - lubb story, God where do I start
. Personally never cared about lubb story as whole nonsense of saw her-him and felt little something is
First Rajveer needs to work on dialogue devilry, I understand new actor so will take time but needs to work on it. As per lubb story, don't force it. Putting romantic BG on silliest thing. There is no clear reason as why Nandini will be impressed by this guy
She's not some teenager like her sis who'll go ga ga over pretty face, celebrity status or money. Also why was Nandini provided details of Raghuvanshi family? Her work is to look after decoration of party rallies, how does that relate to looking at family members? Forcing the lubb story. As per SBB/SBS thing, rajveer will help Pandey so Nandini will be impressed by him, wow how original
Keep in mind theme of show, "Politics" so don't waste time and energy on lubb nonsense.
4) Lack of research in dealing with specific issue. Makers need to do some real research, not what Abhay does in the show. Your competitor that happens to be no 1 show is utilizing real issues of specific region with drama. I don't watch the show but took me 5 minutes to learn it. So you need to learn who's your targeted audience. Given show is on Sony not regional audiences, rather more urban population. So what appeal to them? What connects to them? While issues of pension and bad roads still exist, they are obsolete and unappealing. What you should do is show more current issue that youngsters face in present day Delhi. Biggest issue right now is safety of women. If show is about aam ladki, why not show how unsafe aam ladki feels in nation's capital and embarks on journey to deal with issue that sets her political platform, not some stupid deal or manipulation of family nonsense. Not saying forget about roads and pension, you can come to them in later phase.
5) lack of proper direction and story telling. right now whole thing looks like headless chicken. One point is about family crying over whatever, typical selfish bro-sis and sacrificial lead then something that looks like politics, road issue, ladli of colony getting thing done, etc. In simple term treatment is very superficial. No interest, no connection, no intrigue. Things are moving so slow and may be unrealistic manner. Establish all characters well and pick one direction to gain proper balance. Nandini being title role needs to get more screen space like promised in the promos. So while other characters important, must be placed on side.
That was plenty for now I guess. Did that after long time
Hope makers don't want to see it again
Again not just me one viewer, look at your numbers people. Need to make things interesting and more appealing, not same old same old.