FF - The Colour of Love - Link to #2 Page 148

Posted: 10 years ago
I never knew how addictive writing could be.
I initially wrote this FF for IPKKND but have changed it for QH. Please let me know what you think of it. If you like it I will continue to post updates regularly.

Saima

One

'Humera where are you the exhibition is about to start, if you're not here in the next ten minutes Humera I swear I'll make you wash up for the rest of your life' Zoya hung up the phone leaving Humera her third voice message.

It was Zoya's first art exhibition - she could hardly believe her work had been chosen to be displayed. Zoya was becoming a nervous wreck; she was waiting for Humera to come who was running late. It was coming up to 6.40 and the exhibition was starting at 7.

'Where are you?' she said to herself

'Zoya, Zoya' a voice came from behind

Zoya turned around to see Humera running towards her totally out of breath. Zoya's eyes lit up at seeing her, finally she made it.

'I'm so sorry I got caught up in traffic' she said trying to catch her breath.

'It's ok, you made it' Zoya said tightly hugging her. Come on lets go inside'

As Zoya and Humera walked towards the main hall one of the event organisers came up to them.

'Miss Farooqui, we have our main sponsor attending tonight, Mr AAK'

'Mr who?' Zoya looked puzzled as she had never heard of him. As the organizer was about to explain who he was Zoya was distracted by another artist. 'Zoya, can you please help me finish the last canvas I need to make markings on the edges, I don't have much time'

'Of course, I will' Zoya turned to Humera who was in conversation with the organiser 'Humera you go ahead I just need to help my friend out, I'll be in as soon as I can'

'You go to the hall I'll put these pots away and meet you there' Zoya said to her friend. Zoya turned in a rush and ran towards the prep room; in a matter of minutes Zoya went crashing she looked on in shock as her paint pots went flying up and the paint splashing.

'What the f..' she immediately looked up to see a man looking down at her in such anger, his eyes were raging, his jaw clenched.

'I' m so s..'

'Are you blind, what the hell you have done to my suit' he screamed at her making her jump.

She lowered her gaze to see red paint splashed all over his jacket. Zoya looked back up in embarrassment, she quickly took of her scarf she had wrapped round her neck to wipe of the paint but before she could do anything he raised his hand in her face 'Don't you dare touch me, get out of my way' Zoya's heart jumped a beat she lowered her shaking hand and stepped aside. She had never had anyone look towards her in such anger. As he walked off he snatched the scarf out of her hand leaving Zoya dumb struck.

It took her a few moments to recollect herself, she quickly picked up the mess she had made and rushed back to the main hall.

'Mr Khan what happened?' the organizer said looking down at his jacket as he came to greet him. Nothing, some foolish girl bumped into me, I don't have much time so lets get this started'. 

'Yes of course, please sir this way' the organizer gestured towards the hall entrance.

Asad didn't care much for art; he only sponsored the exhibition because Najma loved art and wanted AAK Designs to endorse the show of new talent. Walking around with the organiser Asad looked at the various paintings and displays paying little attention to what he was saying.

All of a sudden Asad stopped 'It's a great piece of work, don't you think?' the organiser asked. Asad didn't respond he continued to look at the painting almost in admiration. 'Yes, its unusual, catches your eye immediately. Who is the artist?' he said turning towards the organiser. 'Oh, she is one of our new found talents, Miss Zoya Farooqui, I'll introduce you to her, I am sure she will be happy to meet with you'.

Zoya was standing with Humera telling her what just happened 'Stop stressing Zoya, it was an accident...' 'Miss Farooqui the organizer called out Zoya turned around and froze. As her eyes widened with fear Asad's tightened with anger. 'This is Mr Asad Ahmed Khan, AAK, the sponsor I was telling you about' Zoya's mouth started to open if she felt stupid then there was no way of describing what she felt now. Mr Khan was admiring one of your paintings' he said with a big smile.

In all this time Asad had not taken his eyes off of Zoya. 'Isn't that right Mr Khan?'

'Wrong' Asad said in a cold voice, Zoya met his gaze, her heart started to pound even more. 'Wrong? I don't understand Mr Khan' Asad turned to the organizer and said 'You are wrong I was not admiring it, what is there to admire? A five year old could paint better than that' he turned to look at Zoya 'And you, you call yourself an artist' As soon as he said that he walked of leaving Zoya filling up with rage.

'Who the hell does he think he is, how dare he...I'm going to give him a piece of my mind' Humera raised her hand and gently pushed Zoya to stop her, she knew Zoya was reaching boiling point. 'Zoya don't, let him be...don't lose focus you need to concentrate on your work, you know people from the Art Academy are here you need to make sure you present your work properly' Zoya took a deep sigh, she knew Humera was right she needed to ensure that her work was presented and accepted if she had any hope of receiving a scholarship. She could let that monster of a man affect her not at this moment in time.

Index

Chapter 1 - page 1
Chapter. 2 - page 3
Chapter 3 - page 6
Chapter 4 - page 11
Chapter 5 - page 15
Chapter 6 - page 18
Chapter 7 - page 22
Chapter 8 - page 26
Chapter 9 - page 30
Chapter 10 - page 34
Chapter 11 - page 41
Chapter 12 - page 47
Chapter 13 - page 52
Chapter 14 - page 57
Chapter 15 - page 65
Chapter 16 - page 72
Chapter 17 - page 76
Chapter 18 - page 82
Chapter 19 - page 87
Chapter 20 - page 95
Chapter 21 - page 100
Chapter 22 - page 105
Chapter 23 - page 111
Chapter 24 - page 116
Chapter 25 - page 123
Chapter 26 - page 128
Chapter 27 - page 134
Chapter 28 - page 136
Chapter 29 - page 143
Edited by Saima-Syed - 10 years ago
Wow just awesome you should definitly continue this FF 👏
Awesome...
PLz update asap
Edited by shreya11mehra - 10 years ago
I love your work
so i am definitely reading this

super amazing chapter👏
plz update soon and pm me wen u update next
That was a very good start 👍🏼  👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 ...

Please update soon n pm me for this ff also. 😃😃😃

You know I LOVE YOUR WRITING STYLE.

This is very interesting. Akdu ahmad khan is back. Poor zoya, I hope she doesn't lose her scholarship.   Please update another chapter soon.
really nice start, continue soon & plz PM me
Akdu Asad. Nice start
hey tis is really interesting...
amazing concept...
luv it...
eagerly waiting for the update,...
thx fr the pm n do continue soon n do pm me...