Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

COMA can be caused by blood loss - Page 2

swati-kapoor thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by-MaryJaneLai

I think the only logical explanation for RK's paralysis is that, owing to lack of oxygen to a part of his body for a prolonged period, that part gets paralysed. If the knife perforated his lungs, that could be possible.

k...thanks for d info... 😊Edited by akshara-kapoor - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cardio21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Hi.. sorry to disagree.. i am a physician too and dont think what they are showing is making any sense..
Lack of blood supply would mostly cause anoxic encephalopathy and eventually coma in very limited cases.. But there is no etiology for paralysis..
 Here his lung was punctured., there is not too much room for internal bleeding in thoracic cavity unlike abdomen or thighs (these are the only sites which bleed enough to cause severe exsanguination).. I mean not enough to cause anoxia.. Excessive Internal bleeding in right lung.. ðŸ˜•
Except for pneumothorax and hemorrhagic pleural effusion the chances of excessive internal blood loss are unlikely.. It's not the abdomen which can hold all the blood in our system..
And a pneumo would cause lung collapse and that is treatable with chest tube.. So no question of coma and paralysis..

Edited by cardio21 - 10 years ago
Rimu_coldfire thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I was also confused...thnks for the clarification!!!!!
abba12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
i knew it but thanks for enlighting it in forum ðŸ˜ƒ