Debate Mansion

Do you think Modi should be the PM of India?

Poll Question: Do you think Modi should be the PM of India?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [40.00%]
9 [60.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

alpha_sigma

alpha_sigma

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 1:27am | IP Logged
What prompted me to start this topic - to put quite simply is that I am quite scared by the apparent modi wave which has somehow increased its presence in the media; not sure if it is because of his excellent propaganda team, I am still scaredOuch

In my opinion, I can't imagine a country being led by him.
Following are my reasons:

The 2002 Godhra riots 
And I would think this would be reason enough to not even consider him for candidature to the top post

He comes across as a totalitarian, arrogant and megalomaniac

History has proven time and again what happened with castro, idi amin and several other nations which succumbed to dictatorship.

Edited by alpha_sigma - 01 November 2013 at 1:27am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rishabgosavi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you think Modi should be the PM of India?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 3:34am | IP Logged
edited

Edited by mr.ass - 01 November 2013 at 3:35am

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 3:39am | IP Logged
the problem is all you debate mansion "intellectuals" use terms like "facism"  "hitler" "totalitarian" etc.

Modi has been declared 100% innocent!

do you half educated morons want an idiot like rahul and his lootera party to continue LOOTING the nation?

i agree bjp isnt lily white, but they did the most brilliant work during 1998 to 2004, because of them 50% infra that india has got built over the last 60 years.

modi has even thrown nutcases like togadia and bajrang dal into prison, so its not that hes anti muslim.

just by saying "godhra riots", it shows your low level of intelligence. he has ensured good governance and development to all.. go to ahmedabad shopping malls, you'll see muslims happily shopping there.

he has ensured that LAZY MLA's are on their toes.

as far as democracy is concerned , if modi is hitler, then I am his proud nazi soldier.

we shall throw out the congress, and bring back right wing governance.

Edited by mr.ass - 01 November 2013 at 3:40am

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 4:05am | IP Logged
Hey Mr A
Would you please be gracious enough to dispel few of my queries -

1) Which political parties from NDA, do you think would make big gains in the upcoming elections and how would they influence the govt. formation?

2) Do you think there is a possibility that in case of a hung parliament , NDA might look for alliances with floater parties like BJD etc , who might push for a Non Modi candidate as PM, if so, then who do you think would be the best pick?

3) Apart from the printed political agenda of NDA , what are the 5 immediate steps Modi is propagating for economy , health care, security and social causes.

4) Who do you think would get a berth on his cabinet and for what portfolios , if he is elected to office?

5) Just for my curiosity, where does Modi  stand as a potential PM stands on the RSS-BJP balance?

I am a neutral voter, here, though I firmly believe Rahul Gandhi as a PM candidate is a fool's dream!

Edited by charminggenie - 01 November 2013 at 4:34am

mr.ass

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

Hey Mr A
Would you please be gracious enough to dispel few of my queries -

1) Which political parties from NDA, do you think would make big gains in the upcoming elections and how would they influence the govt. formation?

2) Do you think there is a possibility that in case of a hung parliament , NDA might look for alliances with floater parties like BJD etc , who might push for a Non Modi candidate as PM, if so, then who do you think would be the best pick?

3) Apart from the printed political agenda of NDA , what are the 5 immediate steps Modi is propagating for economy , health care, security and social causes.

4) Who do you think would get a berth on his cabinet and for what portfolios , if he is elected to office?

5) Just for my curiosity, where does Modi  stand as a potential PM stands on the RSS-BJP balance?

I am a neutral voter, here, though I firmly believe Rahul Gandhi as a PM candidate is a fool's dream!

the current allies will give abt 22 seats, bjp will get abt 220 and the remaining will be filled in by naidu, jaya and chautala.

my own favourite is yashwant sinha, even more than modi so hopefully him. but perhaps the bjp will pick sushma.

he will force the rbi to reduce rates, he will facilitate private sector orgs to be a part of health, etc, he will help companies to operate in a more conducive env., 

fm - subramanian swamy or yashwant. home - jaswant or sushma,  ext. affairs - jaitley or swamy , commerce - jaitley or yashwant

well modi has distanced himself from rss, and since rss needs to look to modi to maintain their diminishing relevance, i think they won't have any political clout.

LOL rahul is a FOOL

charminggenie

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mr.ass

[

the current allies will give abt 22 seats, bjp will get abt 220 and the remaining will be filled in by naidu, jaya and chautala.

my own favourite is yashwant sinha, even more than modi so hopefully him. but perhaps the bjp will pick sushma.

he will force the rbi to reduce rates, he will facilitate private sector orgs to be a part of health, etc, he will help companies to operate in a more conducive env., 

fm - subramanian swamy or yashwant. home - jaswant or sushma,  ext. affairs - jaitley or swamy , commerce - jaitley or yashwant

well modi has distanced himself from rss, and since rss needs to look to modi to maintain their diminishing relevance, i think they won't have any political clout.

LOL rahul is a FOOL
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Mr A!

Well for Indian economy , any single party getting 220 is a good sign but I am doubtful about this high number . BJP even on Modi wave might not be able to fetch these many numbers. There recent performance in UP( one of the big states) is not reflecting for a landslide. Naidu would be hit by Jr Reddy clout, he has not been able to connect with AP masses for a long time. Jaya is a fringe player and CHautala- i feel is going RJD way. NDA needs a party with a substantial chance of bagging around 30-40 seats along with Jaya.

Yashwant Sinha is too sidelined , he is not a massy leader and seems to have less sway within the party . Sushma is the best bet considering Advani angle and her popularity in the country.

I would really appreciate being a strong PM candidate, Modi comes up with a solid economic plan before election , it wold add to his credibility , I don't doubt his corporate clout but he needs two game changing minsters in his cabinet- Finance and Commerce.

If NDA is at the power , I don't see S Swamy bagging any of the key portfolios, simple , Modi would like to project a secular image and the former is too right for his govt.  Jaswant is aging - I don't see him as a mover-shaker of this govt, maybe Speaker?  
Unfortunately if I read the game well, Jaswant, Yashwant , Shanta Kumar are out of favor with Modi , they are too pro Advani. Also Yashwant is out of all the key political committees of the party. We have options from Amit Shah, Smirit Irani and Sudhanshu Trivedi.  I won't be surprised with a Gandhi in that line up. Jaitley is a floater. 

No doubt Modi has become too big for to be controlled by RSS but that organization thrives on creating internal power struggles in this party.

I am merely asking about his cabinet , as on paper Dr Singh sounded impressive as head of the govt. and we all know what a disappointment he has proven to be, hence I am very curious to see what type of cabinet Modi has in mind, it will say a lot about his governance and intentions. 

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 10:36am | IP Logged

If choices were between Good and Bad, politics would be a lot easier. I feel this election is between choosing the lesser evil. I'm glad I'm not having to make this choice. It is tough.

Rahul is out of touch and foolish. Congress is rife with corruption and incompetence.

At the same time. I despite being cleared, I don't fully trust Modi. I think his ideologies come across as a bit too extremist.

Sometimes, when I see Modi supporters promoting his economic development and progress platform, I cannot help but picture the blonde boy singing serenely and captivating everyone Tomorrow Belongs to Me'.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

alpha_sigmasilverbugcharminggenie

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 10:55am | IP Logged
lol Hadey, 
I am one of those who would fly to India to vote and politics just interest me too much.

This time I am too torn. UPA is a joke and to even mention Rahul and PM in a sentence is a shame.

While Modi seems to be too larger than life right now, I want to see the govt beyond him, key players, decisions etc etc. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top