Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

usachick821

Goldie

usachick821

Posted: 26 July 2005 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
excuse me but i would like to state that the early men and women (5-6000 years ago) consumed meat as well as grains, vegetables and extra. As moral values developed, indians started eating only non-meat items.  So every single one of our ancestors have eaten meat without considering it a sin, if a predator can consume an animal without any guilt, then why cant humans? lets not bring ethical values into this debate. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ANIMAL CRUELTY!!! (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 26 July 2005 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
oh god i give up this topic is going no where !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Confused

*~Princess_K~*

Goldie

*~Princess_K~*

Posted: 27 July 2005 at 5:30am | IP Logged
lol LOL

usachick821

Goldie

usachick821

Posted: 27 July 2005 at 3:43pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by indygirl

oh god i give up this topic is going no where !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Confused

sry indygirl... i'll get back onto topic. i think its wrong for any animal to be abused. Domesticated animals cannot talk, and thus they rely on us to be their primary care giver, and if we shirk on our responsibilities, the animals are going to face the hardship that comes with not being given food, water, care etc. properly.

As for wild animals, i am completely against hunting wild animals for sport, and then selling their skin to make a profit. What if someone skinned a human and sold them? Animals dont deserve to die just for their skin or for sport, its cruel to kill animals just because you have the power to.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 27 July 2005 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Very well said usachick . I like your point about pointless hunting as a sport !!!

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 29 July 2005 at 2:27am | IP Logged

I agree with Indygirl that the topic deserves serious attention, I think we have several contradictions in our society, on one hand we are willing to bring in legislations( some states already have ) to protect cows, and on  the  other hand we do not hesitate to throw stone to shoo away a dog or an animal that may not be harming us. Basically  it has to do with awareness, which is lacking among most of us.  REcently our sancturies were in news for the wrong reason-------- disappearing tigers. How bad can this? if animals begin to disappear from protected areas , something is wrong somewhere. Hunting and Poaching continues to go on the sly, with very few  people being caught. We have systematically eroded the habitat of animals for our own use. There will be no space left for the animals. Something need to be done  urgently.

signora2

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 29 July 2005 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Signora2

I agree with Indygirl that the topic deserves serious attention, I think we have several contradictions in our society, on one hand we are willing to bring in legislations( some states already have ) to protect cows, and on  the  other hand we do not hesitate to throw stone to shoo away a dog or an animal that may not be harming us. Basically  it has to do with awareness, which is lacking among most of us.  REcently our sancturies were in news for the wrong reason-------- disappearing tigers. How bad can this? if animals begin to disappear from protected areas , something is wrong somewhere. Hunting and Poaching continues to go on the sly, with very few  people being caught. We have systematically eroded the habitat of animals for our own use. There will be no space left for the animals. Something need to be done  urgently.

signora

I am so glad there are at least a few of us on the same level !!!!!!ClapClap Well said !!

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 30 July 2005 at 8:44am | IP Logged

yes Indy girl we need to care about our animals and environment, I was sad to learn about Mr Pataudi's escapades, then he tried to evade law. I have seen in most houses, mongrels are looked down upon where as the good breed dogs are spoilt. Cant  understand this  kind of attitude.

signora2   

Post Reply New Post

Go to top