Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

ANIMAL CRUELTY!!! (Page 2)

anjali.nair IF-Veteran Member
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Here are some compelling arguments about how humans are not designed to digest and ingest meat.

Meat-eaters: have claws
Herbivores: no claws
Humans: no claws

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
Herbivores: perspire through skin pores
Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits
Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
shriman Goldie
shriman
shriman

Posted: 25 July 2005 at 7:53am | IP Logged
CAN  WE PROVE THAT ONLY 30% HINDUS ARE VEGETARIANS SINCE THE KALI-YUGA  (MODERN DAY) DEFINIATION OF VEG. ARE THOSE WHO DO NOT CONSUME MEAT, FISH, EGGS, ETC.

MILK SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED TO BE A NON-VEG ITEM.

SINCE MILK IS USED TO OFFER IT TO LORD SHIVA... ALSO.. THE DIFFERENT USAGE AND DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEAT-EATERS, HUMANS AND HERBIVORS ARE GREAT, BUT SUCH DETAIL IS NOT VITAL.
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 25 July 2005 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
O.k very interesting discussion , but the topic started was cruelty to animals not vegetarianism vs non - vege . I agree butchery can be seen as a form of cruelty . But lets not divert from the topic of treatment of animals in general . Do you like the way dogs , cats , birds are being treated around you. Lets not YET get into the meat eating vs non meating discussion . That would be entirely a different topic !!!!
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 25 July 2005 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shriman

CAN  WE PROVE THAT ONLY 30% HINDUS ARE VEGETARIANS SINCE THE KALI-YUGA  (MODERN DAY) DEFINIATION OF VEG. ARE THOSE WHO DO NOT CONSUME MEAT, FISH, EGGS, ETC.

MILK SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED TO BE A NON-VEG ITEM.

SINCE MILK IS USED TO OFFER IT TO LORD SHIVA... ALSO.. THE DIFFERENT USAGE AND DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEAT-EATERS, HUMANS AND HERBIVORS ARE GREAT, BUT SUCH DETAIL IS NOT VITAL.

Please refrain from using all caps on the forum. It implies shouting.

Now coming to your point, can you prove that 80% Hindus are vegetarian. I wrote 30% after reading the facts. I have not taken any census.

Edited by bluepink - 25 July 2005 at 1:45pm
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Now i am seriously wondering if any body cares about this issue or not !!!!!!!!Confused And we are just 3 people in the discussion. ConfusedConfusedConfused I am very dissapointed  !!!!!!!! ConfusedConfused

Edited by indygirl - 25 July 2005 at 4:41pm
silverfrost Groupbie
silverfrost
silverfrost

Posted: 25 July 2005 at 6:40pm | IP Logged
  Animal cruelty must be stopped..but y don' t we stop it from our own country by helping the farmers that are using animals for their farms instead of the modern machines since animals are a lot cheaper. Maybe increasing the prices of animals to be more than those of machines (which is how it should be) might help when it comes to India.
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 25 July 2005 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indygirl

Now i am seriously wondering if any body cares about this issue or not !!!!!!!!Confused And we are just 3 people in the discussion. ConfusedConfusedConfused I am very dissapointed  !!!!!!!! ConfusedConfused

I have not deviated from the topicSmile because I believe that turning to vegetarianism is also an important step to stop cruelty against animals. Doesn't animal slaughtering for food purpose come under animal cruelty? I am a non-vegetarian so if I talk about animal cruelty it would be a hypocrisyTongue.
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 26 July 2005 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bluepink

[ Doesn't animal slaughtering for food purpose come under animal cruelty? I am a non-vegetarian so if I talk about animal cruelty it would be a hypocrisyTongue.
         Absolutely does !!!! BUT a big BUT .....we must take small steps .......each individual .Can WE turn the world Vegetarian alone , and no we can't turn stop the farmers of our country from using animals like some one above suggested . And we can't stop the snake charmers or the bhalu wala , monkey wala to give up their proffesion .........So what can we do at our own level ????????????????? Very important . We can stop and prevent cruelty taking place around us . In my lifetime ......( oh and its been longer than most here .LOL) i have tried to rescue abuse of small animals happening around . Whether i saw a child or a teanger bullying a kitten , or my dhobi beating a mangy dog , or when some kids wanted to run the lawn mover on a poor harmless non poisnous garden snakes !!!!  Just be aware and look around you , there is lot of cruelty happening at our levels too . Lets stop that !!Wink

Go to top