*Rules & Regulations*

Posted: 17 years ago

Hi Everyone๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm back to the section after a long time๐Ÿ˜ณ I think everyone can use a bit of reviewing from what I see

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

In order to make I-F faster for all of us, it has been decided that the number of pages shall be reduced to a limit of 150 pages per topic. This does not mean that you need to limit your fan fiction to 150 pages. Once a fan fiction has reached 150 pages, simply open another topic with the same name but with a '#2' written in it. In the second topic, provide the link to the first topic. Then, just drop me a PM telling me to close the earlier topic (please provide the link to the earlier topic as well๐Ÿ˜ณ). If you are still confused, here is an example:

Suppose I write a fan fic called "Hehe". This fan fiction has crossed 150 pages so I need to open a new topic for it. I will name it "Hehe #2". If this also crosses 150 pages, I will open "Hehe #3" and so on.

***This goes to all fan fictions that have crossed 150 pages. Please do this as soon as possible otherwise I will have to go close all of them without there being a second topic open.***

Rules and Reminders!

• NOBODY is allowed to use inappropriate language on I-F. Be it in a fan fiction or to abuse other members. There will be zero tolerance of the s--h--i--t word, a--s--s word, f word, b word, etc. If you decide to star out a few letters in a word, that is also not acceptable! The word must be completely starred out for it to be accepted on I-F!
    Ex. sh*t is not allowed
           **** is allowed since a member is not able to tell what it stands for.

*However, the word 'crap' is the only one allowed!*
    If you are unsure of which words you can use, PM one of the mods (Meghavi or myself).
  • You may not post in caps. It is considered shouting on the internet and people can find it offensive! However, you can use caps for a few words in your post but that is it. Your entire post can NOT be in capital letters! 
  • Many people have been found using the same emotion way too many times in their post! This is also not acceptable. Use that emotion only a few times, at the most, in your post. We're pretty sure other members will understand what you are trying to say without the countless emotions. Also, any post with only an emotion in it, is considered spamming.
  • Many members post a message with only a 'continue soon' or 'please continue' or something similar such as a message saying that they are waiting for the next part or asking the author when they will post the next part. This is seen as just a way of increasing your posts since it can be done through PM. Therefore, it is also not acceptable! You are encouraged to write atleast one word of encouragement along with those 'please continues' or 'continue soons.' As of April 6th, if a post is seen with only a 'continue soon' or 'please continue,' it will be trashed immediately! Many members are twisting their messages to sound like a 'continue soon' message without actually using those words. This, technically, falls under the same category and these posts will also be trashed/deleted!
  • ABSOLUTELY NO CHATTING IS PERMITTED. Many members chat within a topic but this is not allowed under any circumstances. This includes congratulating members on "reaching" a 100 pages in their fan fiction or congratulating them on becoming a goldie, dazzler, etc. To congratulate members on reaching another level at I-F, visit the Member's Lounge. In order to chat, please visit https://forum.india-forums.com/or use the PM service.

If anyone comes across a post that disobeys one of the above rules, you are encouraged to report it right away, especially one with inappropriate language! To report a post, click on the button that is right beside the button. Only dev. team members are able to view the reported posts for their assigned section so nobody has to worry about anyone finding out that they reported someone's post.

If ANYONE disobeys the above rules, warnings will be given out and warning levels will be raised.

In addition to the above, a new rule has been set out. No more than 3 posts quoting other members per person at a time. Many authors of fan fics quote every reply/comment they receive and this leads to the fan fiction reaching more pages. It is possible to quote each reply in just one post but the limit has been set to 3 posts. After each part, the author may post only 3 posts containing quotes. Any unnecessary quotes will be trashed without the member being informed.

Please note that I just copied and pasted the above rules from the previous topics in the FF section and the references made to the time, do not necessarily refer to now. Links to the previous topics:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/314795
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/250049
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/300326

Moderator's Note:

Updated New Rule for FF's

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/861317

IF you disobey any of the rules, please expect a PM from a dev. team member. ONLY 1 PM will be sent to a member and if they decide to ignore it and continue going against the rules, there will be an increase in their warning level.

New rules will be getting added all the time, keep an eye on this thread. Also, if there is something that is not written here and you are not sure if it's okay to post or not, just drop me a PM.๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks,
Meghavi & Preeti
Fan Fics Dev. Team

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 16 years ago
thanks preeti i'll keep that in mind ๐Ÿ˜‰
i am gonna keep all that in my mind
about the quoting...what is they ask you a question or something and you want to answer it...you cant do it to more than 3 ppl?

coz im my fanfic, i often ask ppl to predict..and all their predictions are diff most of the times...is that okay if i quote more than 3 times? ๐Ÿ˜Š
i understood it alll...n will follow them all!
thanks...i understand and will keep it in mind ๐Ÿ˜›

Guys, it is POSSIBLE to quote more than 1 person in 1 post!

Originally posted by desiigirl19

about the quoting...what is they ask you a question or something and you want to answer it...you cant do it to more than 3 ppl?

coz im my fanfic, i often ask ppl to predict..and all their predictions are diff most of the times...is that okay if i quote more than 3 times? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi,

Sorry. No exceptions can be made but you can quote more than 1 person in 1 quote. Just like I am doing in this post.

Originally posted by kripa_angad=luv

thanks preeti i'll keep that in mind ๐Ÿ˜‰

Glad to hear that๐Ÿ˜Š 

Originally posted by griffinmonster

i am gonna keep all that in my mind

LOL Griffy ji, thanks๐Ÿ˜Š

Originally posted by me_iq

i understood it alll...n will follow them all!

Thanks. I'm glad you will.๐Ÿ˜Š

Originally posted by zhasan2

thanks...i understand and will keep it in mind ๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks and I'm glad to hear that๐Ÿ˜Š

hey! glad to c those rules are stil in effect! how r u?

TTYL
Prakriti
welcum bak dear mod, this section was eally lonley with out u and ur warnings ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜› , but now since ur bak things mite get into action!!!! dont worry will ollow rules!!!!
can u help me wid having da whole story in one page like wen i used 2 click on da box where there is a printer icon n da fan-fic name then da whole story used 2 come or like till where it stopped but know it's like only da starting of da story comes wen clicked on da box. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help