Suggestions / Comments
Suggestions / Comments

India-Forums

How are views and fan points calculated for celebs?-pg 4/29 Modnote 40

-BarunDeewani- Goldie
-BarunDeewani-
-BarunDeewani-

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 3:21am | IP Logged
Please can anyone tell me how views are calculated on the profiles of celebrities?
By viewing pics? By rating pics or by liking comments on all pics?
Thank you Smile

EDIT :

1)How are viewpoints counted .Are view points related to comments and fans .
2)If a photo has multiple pages of comments ..whether browsing through all of the comment pages add to views?
3)Does non member views count
4)How is there a huge marginal gap between 1st and 2nd position ranking celebrity's viewpoints .
5)
Originally posted by Newbiesoapfan

Vijay Sir,

Since you were so kind as to explain some of the details of the ranking system for celebrities recently to one set of fans, we would like to ask you for more clarity. As you are well aware, IF is one of the biggest online platforms and is visited by many TV celebrities, so it would be nice to have clarity and transparency in the ranking system.

We would like some clarification about the definition of active fans in a celebrity's profile and how the points are counted every week.

Is it the number of fans in the fan clubs that are counted? This seems unlikely, given the fan counts of the top four celebrities as shown in the picture posted below.

Or is it according to the number of posts made by the fans in forums across IF. Also, if it is the latter, are the posts in Fan Fictions and Chat Clubs also counted in the post count, or is it only the active show forums of the celebrities which are counted?

If fans are members of more than one fan club, where are their posts counted? In the forums of the respective actors' shows or chat clubs, or for all the actors they are fans of? Many members are fans of onscreen couples, both current and past, so will their posts count in both the actors' fans activity in the respective forums, even if they mention only one name?

Or is there any other criterion you use to calculate the fan count every week?

We would appreciate if you could clarify this in the interest of fairness and transparency on the site, as many fans spend their valuable time commenting for their favorite celebrities and discussing their favorite shows.

6)would you clarify what constitutes fan activity. Is it defined by how active certain members are in the forum ?Does fan activity increase if certain fan is very active in forums not related to the actor.

7)why are some comments deleted from celebrity profile and photos.

)How do you separate fan activity and views?  If the fan activity is counted by the comments, then how do you quantify fans of multiple celebrities, commenting on multiple
9)

Originally posted by KittenRose

I have a doubt regarding the view points in the celebrity ranking. If according to the answer given for this question two to three weeks before it works, there should have been a hike in the celebrity that I am interested in, but unfortunately there is no increase. 

My doubt is the celebrity who has more fans, more comments, but lack in view points, how it is possible? I doubt the genuineness of this, but how it is possible, I really don't know, maybe  I am wrong too. But the simple thing i want to know even when a celebrity has more number of fans and comments (not considering the buzz points here), how come that person has much less view points than another one who has much less fans and comments in their profile? Would anyone care to clarify this?

What is the meaning of participating in a ranking where half of the things are obscure to the people participating in this. Anyone can say you can stay away from it, but i think there is a spirit na, so would expect someone to clarify it.

10)a suggestion from a member :

"Its not only that,  the viewpoints of all the TV celebrities have come down to 50% of the topmost one which is totally illogical and makes no sense.. the top 4 always had view points in the range 525 - 600 since last one year. how come suddenly the viewpoints of all others have come down so drastically except for the topmost one.
Thats why  I think IF should restrict the views per member just like the comments as there is less chance manuipulation using a tool or a program by some people

Edited by -najmeen- - 22 November 2013 at 8:49pm

The following 32 member(s) liked the above post:

NakshatraWunschserendipity235melfnsRee1306-BarunKiMeera-Dazzler._BacknForth_ankitamishra201OhSiyapaa..Panache.bs_deepsPashbarunJai.Mata.DiSSB28ishq30nehakaribaOmorabotiInvisible_WingsMastMalangNan08adithyanBarun_Addict.SobtiLicious.CrazyDeepsDaru_Dewaaniriti4u-SweetJasmine--Barun-chrys-.shinchan.CrazyForBarun-SizzlingBarun-

-SweetJasmine- IF-Stunnerz
-SweetJasmine-
-SweetJasmine-

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 3:34am | IP Logged
I also have the doubt about the view points, all the Barun fans are viewing and suddenly this downfall in his viewpoints, what is that magical number?

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

NakshatraWunsch-BarunDeewani--BarunKiMeera-_BacknForth_ishq30bs_deepsPashbarunNan08adithyanBarun_AddictCrazyDeeps-BarunDaru_DewaaniCrazyForBarun-SizzlingBarun-.shinchan.

CrazyForBarun IF-Addictz
CrazyForBarun
CrazyForBarun

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 3:42am | IP Logged
Hope MODs will reply soon

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

NakshatraWunsch-BarunDeewani--BarunKiMeera-_BacknForth_ishq30PashbarunNan08riti4u-SweetJasmine--BarunDaru_DewaaniCrazyDeeps-SizzlingBarun-

-Barun IF-Stunnerz
-Barun
-Barun

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Yes please MODs, I hope we get an answer soon. 

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

NakshatraWunsch-BarunDeewani--BarunKiMeera-_BacknForth_ishq30PashbarunNan08riti4u-SweetJasmine-CrazyDeepsDaru_Dewaani-SizzlingBarun-CrazyForBarun

ishq30 IF-Rockerz
ishq30
ishq30

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 3:56am | IP Logged
yes please reply !!
i would like to know too 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

NakshatraWunsch-BarunDeewani-_BacknForth_PashbarunNan08-SweetJasmine-CrazyDeepsDaru_Dewaani-BarunCrazyForBarun

PassionateLove Goldie
PassionateLove
PassionateLove

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 3:57am | IP Logged
Anyone cares to explain?Ermm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

NakshatraWunsch-BarunDeewani-_BacknForth_ishq30Nan08-SweetJasmine--BarunDaru_DewaaniCrazyDeeps-SizzlingBarun-CrazyForBarun

riti4u IF-Stunnerz
riti4u
riti4u

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 3:58am | IP Logged
Please do tell what all contribute to view points in celebrity ranking. Is it only pic comments and views..and what percentage is there for likes and even IF videos comment...Confused

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

NakshatraWunsch-BarunDeewani--BarunKiMeera-_BacknForth_ishq30Nan08-Barun-SweetJasmine-Daru_DewaaniCrazyDeeps-SizzlingBarun-CrazyForBarun

Nan08 IF-Sizzlerz
Nan08
Nan08

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 4:05am | IP Logged
Would like to know how the view points are calculated.. hope these things are a bit more clearer .. hope we get our reply...thanks in advance

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

NakshatraWunsch-BarunDeewani-_BacknForth_-SweetJasmine--BarunDaru_DewaaniCrazyDeeps-SizzlingBarun-CrazyForBarun

Go to top