~Muharram: Islamic New Year Begins~ - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by Sexy_Angel

So your going to celebrate when Prophet's Muhammads grandson Imam Hussain sacrificed his life, family for the sake of Islam? What about Fatima the daughter of Prophet Muhammad , she mourned for many days over Prophet Muhammads death. Please give me hadith/verse e.t.c to see where it says that we cant mourn for 3 days.
Islam is not about any person or any day, Its all about Allah. And Prophet Muhammad is HIS Rasul, and any other musilm is just his ummah. 
Do not mourn for their sacrifice, but just pray for them that may Allah grant them Jannah. 

May Allah give us hedaya and ability to recognize the right path.
Originally posted by Sexy_Angel

So your going to celebrate when Prophet's Muhammads grandson Imam Hussain sacrificed his life, family for the sake of Islam? What about Fatima the daughter of Prophet Muhammad , she mourned for many days over Prophet Muhammads death. Please give me hadith/verse e.t.c to see where it says that we cant mourn for 3 days.
its true dear, our prophet has said that one should not mourn for more than 3 days on death of their loved ones๐Ÿ˜Š
only wife has to mourn for 4 months and 10 days on death of her husband๐Ÿ˜Š
you are asking for hadith na refer to this:

Hadith - Bukhari 2:369, Narrated Muhammad bin Sirin 

One of the sons of Um 'Atiyya died, and when it was the third day she asked for a yellow perfume and put it over her body, and said, "We were forbidden to mourn for more than three days except for our husbands."

Hadith - Bukhari 7:254, Narrated Um 'Atiyya  

We were forbidden to mourn for more than three days for a dead person, except for a husband, for whom a wife should mourn for four months and ten days (while in the mourning period) we were not allowed to put kohl in our eyes, nor perfume ourselves, nor wear dyed clothes, except a garment of 'Asb (special clothes made in Yemen).

Edited by peeyara - 10 years ago
thanks for the wonderful post,this is the month of Imam Hussain,may ALLAH forgive us for all our mistakes.
Mallu
Thanks so much for this post, I had been confused before but after reading this It's clear to me about all the happenings. May Allah guide us all to the right path :) thanks :)
thank u soo much for thread  means lot may Allah GUIDE US RIGHT PATH AMEEN 
Well i must disagree with this,
I'm a Muslim myself,
But your post consists of the Shia traditions.
Islam has a Sunni side too, i'm not aiming to dishonour any cast.
But i may tell that Muharram is not a month of Mourning.
It is regarded as one of the important month in Islam.
In this Month, Islam held its foundation and started to develop,
Yes, the martyrs of Karbala and Imam Hussain and others Sacrificed their lives for Islam, but only in this Month, Islam started as a Religion, and only due to this, Islam exists today.
This Month isn't a Mourning Month, yes we are sad due to the killing of our Imams and followers.
But this marks as a victory of Islam, and you don't mourn on self victory.
Also, Islam has prohibited blood shed, and forbidden other things too.
And We Sunnis do not conduct The self-hurt procedure with razors, etc. Rest i don't know if a small portion does or maybe not.
So it is not good to represent the whole Muslim community as such.
You must have gathered information about Muharram from both sects.
I do not intend to hurt anyones religious feelings or offend someone.
I'm just showing my point of view.
Thanks a lot!
And Happy Islamic New Year!!
Allah Hafiz!
Edit:
I would like to add the previous years post about Muharram.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3304325
This post depicted a nice version and detail about this Month not including any caste or violence, and is acceptable by everyone.
I once again apologize to the OP for my comparison and comment if it offended you.
Take Care! Edited by Jahapana - 10 years ago
Happy Islamic New Year to everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š
wishing everyone a amazing year ahead !!!
thanks u so much  for making this post ๐Ÿค—
really really loved it
and it actually means a lot...

Hey everyone...

this message is aimed at those who have disagreed with this month being labelled as the month of mourning and/or those who feel its only shown from the Shi'a perspective

Firstly, I on behalf of the CC team apologise if anyone has been offended, however in previous threads for muharram, there has been a different approach to presenting the activities which take place. this time we have included both Shi'a and sunni perspective... Note its not just aimed at Shi'a becos we said all muslims are encouraged to do good deeds, avoid blood shed and many other bad deeds-  this applies to BOTH sunni and Shi'a so one can't say this is just targeted at Shi'a.

also note, we mentioned it marks the beginning of the Islamic new year and have NOT said its just the month of mourning. While Sunni's do not follow the mourning norm or acknowledge this as a month of mourning - it is a time where all muslims remember the sacrifice of Hussein and are sad to hear what happened to Him and his relatives.

Although, Sunni's do NOT label this as the month of mourning, we need to respect that this month IS considered a month of mourning for the Shi'a and there are Shi'a members here on IF. having said that, to ensure this post was NOT considered to be solely aimed at Shi'a we have included some general information which applies to both sunni and Shi'a groups. as mentioned earlier, some Sunni's ensure to fast or recite more Quran in this month, while Shi'a do matam in a different ways - as its Shi'a that mainly do the mourning their activities were highlighted more than Sunni's becos sunnis do not mourn. But we have tried to give a general idea of the Shi'a and sunni perspective on this month - we did not go into much detail with regards to how it is celebrated or mourned in every single Muslim country as it would make the thread too long and have tried our best to keep it as general as possible so it applies to both sunni and Shi'a groups. It is impossible to include every bit of information and activity performed in every other Muslim country but once again if anyone has been offended, please accept a sincere apology.

CC Team
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Sanaya.Barun

Astagfirullah!
You need to know about Islam. There's NO mourning month.
 We are not allowed to mourn after 3 days of anyone's death. 
May Allah guide you to the right path :)

Islamic new year 1435 has started and here in Saudi Arabia, everyone is celebrating it not mourning.

Happy New Islamic Year to everyone! 
Have a great year ahead! 

I'm sorry to say, but every Muslim community has their different traditions. Shia's mourn during the first 10 days of Muharram, as we commemorate the death anniversary of Imam Hussain (AS) and his companions.

Since this is a very sensitive topic, I would not like to have any arguments on this, and I will request that everyone respects this sensitivity regardless of whether you are a Muslim or not. It's humanity we are talking about.

Thank you.
Originally posted by Sanaya.Barun

Astagfirullah!
You need to know about Islam. There's NO mourning month.
 We are not allowed to mourn after 3 days of anyone's death. 
May Allah guide you to the right path :)

Islamic new year 1435 has started and here in Saudi Arabia, everyone is celebrating it not mourning.

Happy New Islamic Year to everyone! 
Have a great year ahead! 

completly agree well said ๐Ÿ˜Š