Debate Mansion

TD-Insanity at the Greatest Level (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

rm_apple

IF-Dazzler

rm_apple

Posted: 30 May 2005 at 10:23pm | IP Logged

I agree with you sree.

Dreams sequences are okay if its happens once in a while.. but it has become repetitive.. all these promos and teasers are not helping TD imporve as a serial.. they should stick to reality... one gets confused as to what was real and what was a dream.. moreso it makes the serial very predictable and when this happens, the audience lose interest in a show..

They also must stick to reality..  All these serials start out good with a good gripping stroy.. somewhere along the way the writers lose track and take the audience for granted..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TD-Insanity at the Greatest Level (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

satimann

satimann

Posted: 02 June 2005 at 8:50am | IP Logged

I agree with everybody else, what if DK told his mum when she thought that Disha is her daughter-in-law instead of Pori at the first place in the hospital, they just gave the stupid twist by doing that, I haven't seen anybody dying after knowing such a small thing.

It would be more interesting if they have shown Disha as a bahu and her staying back even after the 6 months because of her realisation that she actually loves DK.....................I have lost my interest in this soap like all other ones.

vasamv

Goldie

vasamv

Posted: 02 June 2005 at 10:35am | IP Logged

There is an interesting angle to zee shows in USA.They are far behind in all shows and after viewers read the vivid updates on IF they have liitle interest in seeing the show on TV as Zee is far behind.

As for TD it is true Sumitra must have been told asap that disha is DK's wife.Have you ever heard of any person accepting some one else as his wife just because his sick mom would be under a shock?They do this as they run short of ideas. Otherwise they could have shown Disha and Dushyant living as husband wife and moved on to other things like the lives of Rano-Inder, gautam-Saniya with D and D playing a big role in their lives.

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 02 June 2005 at 10:52am | IP Logged

Hi all,

I would like to take a different approach to this. This has always been and will continue to be a debatable topic whether the media and the media houses are misleading the viewers.

In my opinion the only time the media should not be misleading is in the news sector. Besides that all is fictional and need to remain that way. If not there is not going to be a difference between a documentary and soaps. We all have enough worries in life and the soaps and serials are to be used as a distraction and not means to find answers and solutions to reality. The writers do take their inspiration from real lives but then incorporate the different elements so as to be able to please all kinds of viewers.  I think often we tend to be so absorbed in the character as it is close to us in some way and predict what happens. When this does not happen we tend to get disappointed and assume that people take us for a ride and play with emotions. Again IMHO I think we have to let a serial remain a serial and let the producers who understand their role and requirements do what they are good at.

With regards to the promos I think that's sad that they are not showing those scenes or have connection. I do agree that the audience are not dumb and that they need to be on track and not throw googlys or teasers to raise the TRP that have no connection to the show. But with regards to showing highs the first day and then taking it to the ebb the next I think we as viewers need to understand. If it is all-high we will get carried away like any fairy tale and then I am sure the viewers will end up saying that that is not what happens most of the time in real life. A catch 22 situation.

My advance aoplogies if I have hurt any one but this is my opinion.

lalgulab

Goldie

lalgulab

Posted: 03 June 2005 at 2:12am | IP Logged

I agree with you, Priya.. this is a debatable topic.  I'm not sure what the Guhas expect from their viewers but as a viewer, I expect them to use their senses when they take up a certain storyline.  I don't want things to be happy & perfect all the time cuz that would get boring too but they should not underestimate their viewers' intelligence.  I cannot digest the part that they cannot CORRECT Sumitra as to who her bahu is.. anyone would know telling her the truth at THAT time wouldn't have been disasterous cuz it was a simple mistake & mistakes can be corrected.. not left alone to be dragged into such a foolish storyline.  Sorry..

As for the promos, I think they are created to get the audience intrigued.  I actually like the promos where they cut & paste from different scenes cuz they lead to assumptions & discussions among the viewers.  But, once again I don't appreciate promos that do nothing to promote the story.  So I say watch the promos, but don't expect them to be completely true as they could be bits & parts of various scenes.

Dream sequences are good.. but lets not go overboard with them either.  Lately in TD, we have been seeing plenty of dream sequences.  Don't get me wrong.. I'm all for romantic dream sequences but every episode having one is just too much.  Guhas don't have to take the story exactly where the viewers like but they should NOT take the story where we DON'T like either.  I can live with the fact that the D's are not married or they keep facing challenges to be together but marrying others when they're still legally married is just nonsense!

Sorry for writing so much.. I got carried away... Embarrassed I hope I didn't say anything offensive.. these are just my views. 

Edited by lalgulab - 03 June 2005 at 2:15am

swathi

Goldie

swathi

Posted: 03 June 2005 at 6:05am | IP Logged

To start with I think the promos are a good way to arouse the viewers attention. Through the romantic teaser, ppl realized that whatever happens Ds will ultimately unite. Also the teasers were refreshingly made  so it did generate a  lot of excitement. But somewhere down the lane, TD started deteriorating. For one I think what happened was that they decided to unite the Ds and the story was inching towards the finale when I guess they suddenly got this extn out of the blue and decided to introduce all sorts of twists to sustain the storyline. Also these twists were not logical from any sense of the word. Of course to put in a good word for the Guhas I would appreciate that they keep the track going linear. Never once did the lead pair knowingly engaged in any kind of extra marital affairs and we never did have any vamp (till the intro of Gargi and Pori at least. Sanya always was kept min with focus on the lead pair). Even more creditable is the fact that though TD is not a story of a big joint family even then you do not have too many characters being introduced as well. (say as friends cousins.) The focus has always been on characters that are currently a part of td.

Dream sequences are ok to a certain extent. But showing it every now and then (sometimes thrice a week or even more) the whole charm of a dream sequence is lost here. It starts looking more like fillers.

Drama/twists is a part of any serial. All said and done TD is just a fictionalised account and you ideally should not expect any logic. It is not easy to satisfy everyone as tastes vary. But then putting in too many twists with absolutely no logic sometimes goes awry. Everything is ok to a certain limit but there is always a saturation limit and I guess TD is close to that point now (Some people may even point out that its already reached saturation level).

All said and done like all dramas TD also started with a bang and continues to hold the viewers interest. But what has started should reach a logical finale as well before it starts losing its sheen.

Swathi

Disclaimer: The above is my personal view.

teenindia_usa

IF-Sizzlerz

teenindia_usa

Posted: 07 June 2005 at 11:58am | IP Logged
TD SUCKS THESE DAYS AND PEOPLE ABROARD SRE GETTING SICK AND SWITCHING UNTIL THE COUPLE IS UNITED!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top