Page 1
Page   of 21
Page 2 Page 21

Yuvika_15

Viewbie

Yuvika_15

Compassionate CC Captain

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 5:26am | IP Logged

"Humility does not mean you think less of yourself, it means you think of yourself less" Unknown

The CCs are back with another thought provoking topic to discuss and debate. And this time it is based around

To define humanity in simple words, it generally means putting aside one's selfishness and showing compassion and kindness towards one another regardless of one's gender, age, ethnicity and social status. Where we see a lack of kindness and compassion between humans, we conclude it is a lack of humanity. And today we see many examples of this across the world:

An American Born beauty wins the Miss America contest but faces racist criticism over Indian descent - America

Care worker is caught stealing cash from 81 year old grandmother's purse - England

Mother starves her son to death - orders pizza 15 minutes after his death and continued to claim child benefit for 2/3 years - England

Victim's family withdraw case - offender is acquitted and walks away free- Insiders reveal the offender's influential family threatened the victims family - Result: Justice does NOT prevail. - Pakistan

Hindu preacher accused of assaulting a 16 year old at his asharam on the pretext of exorcising her from evil spirits. - India

A courageous girl speaks up against the lack of education for girls/women and is shot by Taliban - Swat

These few examples are all in one way or the other linked to the lack of humanity. We see it in other forms too i.e. wars between countries where innocent children are killed and several left homeless when their homes are bombed, minor children are abused by their own parents, innocent girls are sexually assaulted, women are burnt alive or beaten daily for not providing enough dowry, old aged parents are not respected and treated well by their children and many more.

We see these things happening around us in nearly every home, probably even our own homes... and what do we do?

NOTHING!

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." Albert Einstein

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 26 October 2013 at 5:44am

The following 81 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanasunshineswirlkimaya-Yoyo-freeBazigararzieguptanita12fireroad99Sara_Joong-Swetha-Anam Ali*Dev.*-Koeli_Appy--FrozenRain--Have.a.dream--Araina-Shona_Mayur-Aarya-Jo_Pinchyneha23Sakhile..Christine..-Spice-Angel-Jot.BilliCat.starry.phoenix-RD--Srushti-supercool3DiorRouge.hopper_oceanKhotaSikaShreya*mystic.moon*Kripa-bankashweta2728PayaDesire95LazilyAnonymousgrintsonAngel-luvs-s-Amanat---Iqra---JujuKRamziMeriJaanRach.empusaTacker_Holicanodaksgfanvisrom-Shayari-Prinsesse.Suvipallavi25radev24astonish_Littles12_MischiefManagedFlame.Of.Roseepiphany.SwirledDreamsdeboleena.mannasomergasm.manzilmukul-Alina.BerryBlush07Reshma.SenpooMisHumptyDumptyaartipartyySaiS-Dynamite-Proud-India.CuteKittyCat..ByGod.Nancy-RashiBornThisWayriti4uTarantallegraSilentSilver-Nightingale-SunShine_A.shinchan..DarkMystery.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~Lack of Humanity in the Society~" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Yuvika_15

Viewbie

Yuvika_15

Compassionate CC Captain

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 5:43am | IP Logged

In general, we all start life with a clear and idealistic sense of what is right and wrong and thus have a clear sense of what is hurtful to others. And when we do horrible things to others despite knowing how hurtful it is, we are said to have "lost" our humanity in that we have lost the ability to care about the horrible things we do and the hurt we give to others.

But the million dollar question is WHY?

We all want peace, we all want harmony, we all want our children to be safe and we all want a roof over our heads? So why don't we stand up against those Politicians/Terrorists who declare wars in developing countries and bomb their homes and ruin lives?

Why have we lost the kindness and compassion towards one another?

Why can we NOT just look beyond skin colour/race/ethnic backgrounds/gender and treat every individual just as we would want to be treated ourselves?

"The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people." Martin Luther King, Jr

Once we have established the cause, the next step is find the treatment. And the treatment is possible. The fact that the society lacks humanity today can be changed. But the other million dollar questions is HOW?

How can we overcome the lack of humanity in the society today?

How can we stop such inhuman behaviour from happening?

How can we raise awareness of the inhuman behaviour that takes place behind closed doors?

How can we change the lack of humanity in the society today so that the world is a better place to live in? To make a difference in society, we need to begin making the change from ourselves. Make a promise to yourselves that you will never lose your humanity no matter what happens and start to preach this to others and maybe one day we will have a world full of humanity.

You must not lose faith in Humanity. Humanity is an ocean, if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty." Mahatma Gandhi

Credits:

-Araina-
czarcastic.
supercool3
-RD-
.SilentPromises
DeviatedTesoro.
18shabbo
Roshini1494 
Angel-Jot.

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 26 October 2013 at 5:47am

The following 46 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanasunshineswirlkimaya-*Dev.*-Koeli_Appy--FrozenRain-Anam Ali-Swetha--Araina-ABCDesiGirl93Jo_PinchySakhileAngel-Jot.BilliCat.starry.phoenix-RD-supercool3DiorRouge.KhotaSikaShreyahopper_oceanshweta2728LazilyAnonymous*mystic.moon*anodaksgfan-Amanat-Tacker_Holic--Iqra--MisHumptyDumptyPDD2508aartipartyySaiSmanzilmukul-Alina.Reshma.BerryBlush07MischiefManagedFlame.Of.Roseepiphany._Littles12_radev24Prinsesse.SuviTarantallegraSilentSilverriti4uBornThisWay.DarkMystery.

-Alina.

IF-Sizzlerz

-Alina.

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
This is such a beautiful post Yuvika & CCs. ClapClap Very well written and on a much needed to discuss topic.

I always wonder why everyone just see and don't do anything.. but then when the same happens with them, they expect help from the society! But why anyone would have the other? "It's a police case.. I don't want to get in trouble" This is the million dollar answer everyone gives. 

A guy rapes a girl, someone steals something.. someone kill someone and so ON! But NO ONE has the courage to stop what's happening: it's the lack of humanity in the Society

In today's world.. very less people care about others: everyone is selfish.. Me, I ONLY. There's never us. I hope people grow up soon! Sleepy

Malala's case is one of those case where I was damn shocked to see that nobody could support her?! She got support from other countries and other sides of Pakistan but people of Swat? Was it because they are afraid from Taliban's? I mean.. seriously?! A young girl.. barely 15 years old.. is fighting for Women's rights and nobody supports her? Disgusting! But hats of to Malala for fighting.. She IS a human.. not us who just stand there and watch. It's time for people to realize that if they are watching someone committing a sin.. and not doing anything, their equally involved: they don't react.

There are many many things I would love to discuss but actually.. nothing happens: everything goes on because a single person cannot change the world.. but as nobody speaks.. the humanity will continue to be like this but I hope.. one fine day.. everything will change! People's mentality will change..Smile

Seven Deadly Sins

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice." 
 Mahatma Gandhi

We are doing this I guess.. committing sins after sins! Ouch

Once again.. a beautiful post and I hope people will learn something from this. Embarrassed

-Alina. 

Edited by -Alina. - 26 October 2013 at 1:07pm

The following 23 member(s) liked the above post:

sunshineswirlkimaya-Bazigar-Koeli_Appy-TeriGalliyan.-Swetha-Anam Ali..Zindagi..Angel-Jot.starry.phoenixYuvika_15DiorRouge.LazilyAnonymousanodaksgfanempusaTacker_HolicReshma.MischiefManagedSaiS-StephinesS-_Littles12_SilentSilver.DarkMystery.

Flame.Of.Rose

IF-Sizzlerz

Flame.Of.Rose

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Res. Will come back tommorow.
Nice topic to debate about Team CC. *applauds*

-Edit-

One again a much needed topic to debate about.
All we see around is crimes increasing day by day and we say that we are living in a better world. Like seriously? If we are living in better world then where all the goodness is gone? 

Before going to any other country let me come down to my very own country - India.
I still find people out there saying that India was once a golden bird and what we all are suffering now is because of Britishers (No offence anyone. Let me finish my views and then you are liberal to state yours.) They came and took away our prosperity, precious jewels, destroyed our heritages. Any other person would easily believe these people courtesy the way British Rule is taken up in India and at places due to some genuine fault of the rulers. Being the narrow minded people they are, just by having the half baked knowledge they are out to judge everyone other then the ones they hold dear to themselves. Unfortunately for them, and fortunately for myself I am NOT one among them. What the heck are they speaking! Yeah right Britishers destroyed India that is why those stupid good for nothing practices of Sati, child marriage, ban on girl education were all abolished. They destroyed India by creating several rail track (which till date our government is unable to complete), improvising the way of governing in India. They destroyed India by giving girls equal rights as that of a guy. Can these people seriously blame them when fault is withing themselves?

Even today many foreigners come to India to see, study and analyze Indian culture. I say why these people are wasting time and coming to India. What is left to see here, how boys, just for the sake of looking cool, raped those innocent girls, or even better a child, a unknown , carefree child? What they want to study, how a child murders his/her parents? Now can you blame Britishers for this? Can you even dare to do that after the points I presented? Britishers were not the one to take away humanity from India, they don't have hand in destroying our culture, the culprit is US. Yeah you heard me right. Its we people who are responsible for all that is happening around us. In front of our eyes few man will come and shoot a person and we will say that we haven't seen anything. Is it what we call Indian culture? A girl is raped publically, we don't help her, Fine, but then what we do, instead of helping her get over the trauma, we taunt her endlessly, call her impure, shame on family and society. Is it humanity or Indian Culture? What is the use of being modern when we cannot be broadminded? Being modern isn't by outlook but by your prospective. Carrying a mentality of a hypocrite and walking away in an elegant high class attire won't make you modern but disgusting. 

In the end I would like to quote H.F. Amiel
"Self interest is but the survival of the animal is us; humanity only begins for man with self-surrender."

Edited by Flame.Of.Rose - 29 October 2013 at 1:30am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Bazigar-Swetha-Yuvika_15DiorRouge.Tacker_HolicclementinaSaiS_Littles12_

-Araina-

Cool Viewbie

-Araina-

Crazy Creative Senior, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
A much needed one. 
At all the heart wrenching incidents happening daily, the only question. Why? Where has humanity disappeared?!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-DiorRouge.Yuvika_15RamziMeriJaan_Littles12_SaiS-Alina.

_Littles12_

IF-Sizzlerz

_Littles12_

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
Honestly the question isnt why? 
The question is how does someone even able to do such actions?
DOnt they have familes?
What is the reason of taking  ghastly and abhorrent steps, plans, actions?

this is a beautiful thread! first time being here!

I Dont know but did you guys hear about the a blue-eyes blonde headed girl found in the midddle of nowhere in Greece!

clearly no one in greece have such traits and when they inquired all they got was we dont know!
she was found naked illegit living in dirt! 
i think early twenties!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Yuvika_15SaiS

Tarantallegra

IF-Stunnerz

Tarantallegra

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
what a good topic to discuss about
i will be back soon to talk about this LOL

Edited by -JungleeBilli- - 26 October 2013 at 1:57pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Yuvika_15SaiS

_Littles12_

IF-Sizzlerz

_Littles12_

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Alina.

This is such a beautiful post Yuvika & CCs. ClapClap Very well written and on a much needed to discuss topic.

I always wonder why everyone just see and don't do anything.. but then when the same happens with them, they expect help from the society! But why anyone would have the other? "It's a police case.. I don't want to get in trouble" This is the million dollar answer everyone gives. 

A guy rapes a girl, someone steals something.. someone kill someone and so ON! But NO ONE has the courage to stop what's happening: it's the lack of humanity in the Society

In today's world.. very less people care about others: everyone is selfish.. Me, I ONLY. There's never us. I hope people grow up soon! Sleepy

Malala's case is one of those case where I was damn shocked to see that nobody could support her?! She got support from other countries and other sides of Pakistan but people of Swat? Was it because they are afraid from Taliban's? I mean.. seriously?! A young girl.. barely 15 years old.. is fighting for Women's rights and nobody supports her? Disgusting! But hats of to Malala for fighting.. She IS a human.. not us who just stand there and watch. It's time for people to realize that if they are watching someone committing a sin.. and not doing anything, their equally involved: they don't react.

There are many many things I would love to discuss but actually.. nothing happens: everything goes on because a single person cannot change the world.. but as nobody speaks.. the humanity will continue to be like this but I hope.. one fine day.. everything will change! People's mentality will change..Smile

Seven Deadly Sins

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice." 
 Mahatma Gandhi

We are doing this I guess.. committing sins after sins! Ouch

Once again.. a beautiful post and I hope people will learn something from this. Embarrassed

-Alina. 

Honestly Malala is def trying to fight for a cause but don't you think whose actually going to take a 15-year old girl seriously in todays society! Not one place consists of Liberal mentalities!
I really hope alot more people initiate to help her out!
did you see the interview of her and Obama?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Yuvika_15anodaksgfanSaiS

Post Reply New Post

Go to top