Binging on burgers with Nikhil Chadda Article

-RohitMaxwell- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
I was going to meet Nikkhil Chaddha - the pampered, only child who had turned an actor on television with serials like Matru Pitha ke Charnon mein Swarag, Apnon ke liye Geeta ka Dharamyudh, Miley Jab Hum Tum, and currently the highly successful and the second most popular show on Zee TV Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke. Though Nikkhil's preferred foodis sizzlers, I had to rush to attend Zee TV's DID press con, so a snacky evening was arranged. Our meeting point happened to be a burger joint called Burgs located in R City Mall, LBS road, Ghatkopar, with branchesat Bandra, Andheri (E & W) and Pune. The bright orange dcor and the smiling Manager Swapnil Salvi of the eatery welcome and usher usto our table in the corner. Being opposite Kidzania in the mall, it is natural to find the place majorly occupied by kids with their mommies chomping on their favorite burgers and slurping on sweet smoothies. Burgs serves only burgers but puts up a good 20 varieties of them in veg and non-veg options.

As we place the order for BBQ Lamb, Exotica with Peach Iced Tea and Burnt Caramel drinks, the topic veers towards his current role on Zee TV show. With many twirls and spins, the story ofSapne Suhane... is interesting for the young actor enthuses, "It has offered me a chance to portray several emotions from grey to romantic to sometimes funny, all in one show. I love dancing and Sapne Suhane... has given me an opportunity and I have danced a lot in it."

We relish the delicate lamb patty with a special homemade BBQ sauce in BBQ burger and bell pepper stuffed with cheese, topped with tomato, Spanish onion and balsamic reduction glaze in Exotica burger. Wanting to try the Corn Chaos, I get a sweetness in every bite as the grilled patty is made of honey spiced corn kernels. Asli Indian burger did not live up to our expectations. Besides, we felt the burgers could have been a tad bigger in size. The ice cream shakes were delightful, especially Classic Chocolate and Burnt Caramel. A sports lover, the actor has played cricket in Pakistan, flew with Jet Airways for six months but found his calling in acting which has always been his first love.Besides sizzlers and sweets, the cleft-chinned actor lovesMaa ke haath ka khanaand she prepares excellently and a different chicken dish every day for her laaadla beta. He is also a Saibaba devotee as he reveals, "I take my Mom to Shirdi every year for Saibaba's darshan. Besides, I also have Ganeshji come home every year." Camera is the best friend for this shy and introvert guy. "I take time to open up and make friends. But in front ofthe camera I can turn completely into the character I am essaying without any inhibitions."A self-confessed shopaholic, Nikhhil splurges on good clothes, shoes, perfumes and cars are another passion. "Shopping is a stress buster for me," he feels. Despite having a sweet tooth, he refrains from sweets as he puts it, "Once I start biting into a sweet, I just can't stop at one or two. So, I try and keep away from it." He tries Prawn Cracker burger where the patty is fried crackling crisp and topped with a tangy jalapeno mayo and lemon zest sauce.Talking about the insecurities of television actors and back-up plans,he says, "When people think about back-up plans, it means they are not sure about themselves. Competition exists everywhere. If you have faith in yourself you can go places." Atta boy, that's what I call confidence with willpower. And I can envisage Nikkhil is determinedto go a long way.

Rapid fire Q's with Nikkhil

Fave Tv show besides Sapne SuhaneLadakpan ke?

Comedy Nights with Kapil (Colors)

.Serials or anchoring?

Acting is my first love.

Reality shows u wish to do...Khatron ke Khiladi (a big NO for Bigg Boss).

Single or dating?

I have female friends but no steadies.

Your pick-up line...

Never had the opportunity... I am lucky to have girls hit on me.

First thing you notice in a woman...

Her eyes.

Your pet peeve (s)...

Show offism..fake attitude.Health regimen...I am a health buff... cardio, gymming are a must.

One habit you wish to change...L

aziness...

One passionate hobby..

I love dancing.

Your fave Bollywood actor...

Ranbir Kapoor for his body of work.

Your dream machine...

I am crazy about cars and it is has to be BMW X6.

One thing that nobody knows aboutyou...

I am a shopaholic.Your stressbuster...Shopping and food.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Naivedya thumbnail
Thanks for sharing this, it was fun reading about Nikhil. But I wish the journalist had concentrated less on burgers and more on asking him questions about SSLK and if he's still on the show or not! Also, how old is this article?
-RohitMaxwell- thumbnail
^ this came today on TC.. if he doesnt get lead role he should stick to sslk but i think he is open for new roles by ph n channel.thats wy he isnt getting central space may be
Naivedya thumbnail
 I really, really hope this track with Rachna and the neighbor doesn't last long and she realizes she still loves Vihaan quickly and Nikhil is back on the show with ViNa in a good love story. I don't want marriage for them yet, but a good story with lots of scenes for Nikhil. I definitely don't want any other guy playing Vihaan. 
When is the South Africa tour? It's a Diwali thing, right? Why is December sticking out in my mind...is something happening in December too?
It worries me that Nikhil was fired from SSLK (not that he left of his accord like ZS did). Maybe CVs let him go because they want ViNa finished for good. But that's stupid because there are tons of ViNa fans and we want to see Rachna and Vihaan together in a good track. But if he wasn't let go then why all the stuff about Vihaan moving to Canada? They specifically showed him pack his bags and leave. They could've just had the ViNa break-up but show Vihaan stay in Benares.  Maybe it was done so that Rachna gets the full impact of Vihaan not being around anymore and she starts to miss him and realize she made a mistake? I don't know. I'm confused. Also, there have not been any articles saying Nikhil is leaving SSLK. With ZS there was an article about his having left the show. I would love for his career to grow and thus for him to take on a good role elsewhere if that's what he decided to do, but really there is no other Vihaan for me other than Nikhil. I would hate it if they re-cast Vihaan with another actor down the line. I know these things are a way of life in tv land but we fans have our sentiments too.
-RohitMaxwell- thumbnail
^ i am clueless if he was fired cz lots of article comes when actors are fired/replaced.. me too want a goid story of ViNa. hooe all is well and he is back with a bang cz both ViNa loves each other.. also when MaYan marriage broke up.. there was a guy to marry Gunjan which did not happen.. so hope this neighborhood story don hapoen and ViNa again backs as couple :) i don know much about SA tour :)
Camerina thumbnail

I agree with you guys... all ViNa fans would love to see them back on screen.. with more screen presence definitely. I would not like any other actor to play the role of Vihaan... Nikhil is by far the best as far as I am concerned... and if he is not coming back into the serial then its better they drop the character of Vihaan...

If Vihaan is back.. this time Rachna should actually make all the efforts needed to get him back into her life .. It would be fun watching some friendly banter between them!!! An more of them in the coming episodes... What say guys???
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks For Posting Yaariyan. (: