Debate Mansion

Is Karvachauth wrong? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 15

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
^^^ Hadey , agree with you and understand from where you are coming from. But I don't think most of the wives view fasting or valentine days as a measure of happy wedded life or use it to evaluate their husbands.
Some of the women just partake in these rituals or say a V-day for themselves and just because they like to dress up and have a good time. Nothing wrong with that !

If I feel wrong when I see someone being pushed to fast against the wishes than at the same time I also don't agree when we put down these rituals or the women participating as medieval practices. 

Let it be a personal choice not a national issue.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNumshweta2728AishuHiBawari

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Karvachauth wrong? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Why fast once an year then? Why not once a month? Why not once a week? Why not every day?

Don't the enumerated "benefits" multiply?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shweta2728charminggenie

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

Why fast once an year then? Why not once a month? Why not once a week? Why not every day?

Aside from the health issues, how would it fair on the pockets of the dearest husbands, considering most look for some sort of reward for this gesture!

BirdieNumNumK.Universe.shweta2728

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 3:53pm | IP Logged

I am not saying that social conditioning doesn't play into what decisions we make. It most definitely does. But as previously said, it is impossible to dissect each lifestyle choice that a woman makes. My point is, that irrespective of what decision she does make, she should be respected.

She may be a good, loving wife and not fast, or a bad one and fast. Whether or not she fasts doesn't reflect anything on her character. I don't disagree with that! I don't think anyone here thinks that fasting equates happy marriage. However, Karva Chauth is a religious practice, and if someone willingly chooses to participate in it, I don't see how it is wrong.

BirdieNumNumshweta2728

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

no they don't multiply. There are certain laws of diminishing marginal returns that apply, you know.LOL Things in life are non-linear that way, as we find from chaos theory (i knew fasting and chaos theory had something in common).LOL

variety is the spice of life. If one observes KC every day, it stops having any special significance. One should try to find different things to do, not necessarily repeat the same outing all the time.Smile

@charming=> yeah scary isn't it? Maybe one of us recently came into new found wisdom?LOL

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 29 October 2013 at 9:27pm

K.Universe.shweta2728charminggenie

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
I am going to write in point form.
I need sleep, okay?
Personal choice, not one to judge openly.
Secretly, I feel it stems from archaic views of "obey anything with a penis and a pulse" and I say f**k that shit! The KC not the...but you could do both I suppose.  
Yeah if some mofo wants to live longer, he can starve himself by all means. You can watch from this sidelines but not really your life to live or stretch or shrink.
okay, I am very close to crossing the line so aloha bishes!!!!!!!!!!

- signed
bishface bobby

KaShCrazyAneesashweta2728

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Posted: 29 October 2013 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

Aside from the health issues, how would it fair on the pockets of the dearest husbands, considering most look for some sort of reward for this gesture!

HAHA I am guessing the rewards will keep coming because the guys will keep working because they magically started to live longer now, all thanks to the reflection of the moon as viewed through a sieve :))

But seriously -

It's not the fasting which is objectionable. In fact, alternate-day fasting could help the body to detoxify, encourage fat oxidation, and reduce bad cholesterol.

It's not the praying which is objectionable. In fact, it could help the body to relax, reduce stress, and positively impact the mind

What is objectionable is the inequality in the underlying theme. Why is only the man's longevity important? Not that there is any kind of scientific evidence to this said longevity, not even remotely, but even if this festival is emblematic of the woman's desire, shouldn't the man then possess the same desire? Why make it optional for the man? IMO, unless there is a reciprocal fast by the man, it makes the festival rather sexist.

Edited by K.Universe. - 29 October 2013 at 11:34pm

..Christine..

Goldie

..Christine..

Posted: 30 October 2013 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Myself a Christian so we dont have this in our Catholic religion,but I have heard about Karvachauth
and for me it is not at all wrong but I feel that husbands should also do the 
same for their wivesSmile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top