Elena Gilbert - Will I Ever Like You? - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by Angel-Jot.

As far as I remember, Damon never 'tried to destroy Stefan's happiness'.. Stefan is his younger brother. He was always in support of his and Elena's relationship as long as the two were happy together. Elena, realized that she no longer wanted to be with Stefan and decided she'd give it a shot with Damon before going back to the other brother again.. *rolls eyes* and that, is NOT Damon's fault. Of course, as I've stated many times, I've never agreed with Damon and Elena getting it on right after her break up with Stefan.. that was immorally wrong and cruel.

In my opinion, Elena is wrong. She's always been wrong. She's ruined the Salvatore Brothers for me and that doesn't go down well with me at all.. Sickens me to see how BOTH brothers can become so selfish when it comes to her.

Is Elena cute little angel? No. In fact, during S4 she showed she's a cold hypocrite who won't hesitate to commit a genocide and then go on with her life like nothing happened.

BUT I SWEAR TO GOD, if I see one more person blaming 'DeFan or DE ruining' solely on Elena, I will lose my shit. Yes, she's annoying with not knowing what she feels, but not ALL blame is on her. It is on Damon Salvatore as well. If he could keep himself out of his brother's love life after she rejected him outright, maybe DeFan would actually exist. Remember when he promised to leave the town and never left? :P And he was actually in favor of Stefan- Elena relationship. Yeah, don't say that please. 😆 His actions always showed otherwise. 

As much as I'm going to love seeing Stefan and Elena fall in love again, I'm also a little wary of the fact out of everyone who can help him remember again its going to be Damon and Elena the two people who betrayed him the most. Damon, the brother who did everything he could to make Stefan's life a living hell by taking all of the things he holds dear from him and Elena, the love of his life who after promising him for so long that she'd never go with Damon broke his heart in the worst way.

*EDIT*

Now come on SE had been together and you can't deny she still feels for him. Thinking about him gives her strength. He IS important and she herself feels obliged to bring back Stefan's memory back. And what is wrong with that? It's not responsibility, it's her compassion for him. We know Damon is going to try the least even though he's THE brother, yeah right. 

Edited by city-musings - 10 years ago
I totally agree. I've jumped off the Elena cuckoo train since she and Damon got together last season. The way it happened wasn't right and not fair to Damon or Stefan. At the end of season 3 she told Damon she chose Stefan and when she was transitioning she told Stefan that choosing him was the best choice she'd made and then bam she's with Damon.

She's confused and she always have been. Being with Stefan while developing feelings for his brother. I say if she'd really loved Stefan she wouldn't have fallen for Damon but then I doubt her love for Damon is true. Stefan is always just there a third party ghosting over their new relationship. That's not fair to anybody...

She isn't over Stefan and Damon is insecure about their relationship because even he deep down knows that and what Ketsia told him about the doppelgangers finding each other over time makes that insecurity double. I too wonder what the show is becoming about, there are too many doppelgangers now. Elena and Katherine were enough in my book but now we know there was Tatia whom Klaus and Elijah fought over and now Amara whom Silas loved. 
I guess next we'll find out that Damon has had a doppelganger too that might find him at the end of the season. ðŸ˜† Indeed the Doppelganger Diaries. Elena doesn't even keep her diary anymore. 

Yea when she asked why he didn't tell about her its like huh? Right now, better for Stefan that he can't remember their messy history. Elena and Damon need to reflect on how their coming together has truly hurt Stefan and in that whole scenario I really don't blame Damon. He made his intentions clear and Stefan's always known Damon wanted Elena. Damon never tried to be the good brother and back out of his brother's love story. It was for Elena to be true to Stefan  and she didn't. 

Damon and Elena's story was much better in the books. Purer... it made more sense when they fell in love...

Right now my fav character is Caroline ðŸ˜†
Edited by cclove - 10 years ago
Agreed that though Elena is the main cause for DeFan's shit, Damon is a reason too. But I am sorry...so is Stefan 😳. Honestly...what has always happened is that Ms G has always given the bros some or the other hope & lead them on while with the other.

Elena slapped Damon the first time he tried to make a move. She clearly stated that she wanted to be with Stefan. Yeah Damon didn't comply then. He was bitter, hated his brother, hated life...he was INTRODUCED as an anti hero. Later he DID admit that he felt Stefan was the better choice. Yeah, he still didn't leave them, in their own happy bubble, but try moving on after centuries of starving for & pining over love. I can bet it ain't an easy thing to do. On top of that, Elena's hints & most of all her "confusion" gave him something to hold on to, a hope that maybe after years of unrequited love, he might have his chance, his love the second time around. That is not something one can easily walk away from.

And it wasn't just DAMON. Why blame everything on him when Stefan pretty much echoed his actions during DE(completely despise them but...well, I personally think it is unfair to dump it all on him just because he is the established 'bad brother' 😳). The whole sire bond thing, can you really say it was all his selflessness without an ounce of personal motives. Did he not try to hold onto Elena's "confusion" too when she was with Damon? Everytime Elena makes a 'choice', neither of the brother backs down. Fact. Why? Because in their hearts, all three of them know how static Elena's 'choices' are just as much as we do.

No...Elena may not be the only reason, but she & her never ending 'confusion' is most defintely the ROOT cause of the DeFan problems & THEIR increasingly selfish nature when it comes to her.

^ I didn't really get your views on Stefan echoing his thoughts when DE happened. Do you mean it was selfish of him to be pissed off when his ex girlfriend slept with his brother just after the break up? 😳
^It was sure as hell selfish of him to constantly tell Elena that Damon was the bad choice for her whereas Damon had always, I repeat, ALWAYS told Elena that Stefan was the better choice for her. If Damon can see past Stefan's 'ripper side' and admit to Elena, the girl he loves, that she's so much better off with his brother and that his brother deserves him, and not him.. then why can't Stefan? Why is it that Stefan finds everything wrong in Damon? As far as I remember.. it was Stefan who forced Damon to become a vampire when he didn't want to be...

I don't get why Stefan being selfish is okay but Damon, craving love and being selfish is not okay?
Totally! 
I'll tell you what Elena is thinking. I understood perfectly well. 

When Stefan And Elena were together : "Stefan just does what I tell him too. *Boring* Damon is more passionate, he is exciting. I love Damon.

When Elena And Damon are together : "Why isn't stefan here? Where is he? He is in trouble? What should I do? How can he leave me? He is still supposed to love me"

When Stefan loses his memory : "How can he forget ME? I won't let him! I am self-centred and want all the attention and love I can get. How dare stefan forgets me. he has to love me, he has to want me, so I can break his heart all over again!"

That's what Elena is thinking because if she actually loved Damon she would have NEVER wanted stefan to know about their relationship. She wouldn't want Stefan to feel bad anymore when he had forgotten aout his past. Everything! 

Elena is SELFISH. not damon. not stefan. ELENA!

^It was sure as hell selfish of him to constantly tell Elena that Damon was the bad choice for her whereas Damon had always, I repeat, ALWAYS told Elena that Stefan was the better choice for her. If Damon can see past Stefan's 'ripper side' and admit to Elena, the girl he loves, that she's so much better off with his brother and that his brother deserves him, and not him.. then why can't Stefan? Why is it that Stefan finds everything wrong in Damon? As far as I remember.. it was Stefan who forced Damon to become a vampire when he didn't want to be...

I don't get why Stefan being selfish is okay but Damon, craving love and being selfish is not okay?

That's true and I think for this reason is why Damon often slips back into his dark side. Everyone harps about him being the bad brother and Stefan the ideal brother, the good brother, everyone's first choice, he has a complex i don't think he realizes because of this. Everyone expects Damon to mess up and that's why he eventually always does. But I see him really changed now. The way he is with Jeremy and everyone. Rose is a character that I felt understood Damon in the same way Lexi did for Stefan when he was going through his ripper phase. It's Damon's inferiority feelings about being compared and found lacking when compared to Stefan that usually made him feel like he didn't deserve to be happy and be with Elena so he just acted out and saw Stefan as being better for her.

But as much as Damon did tell Elena that Stefan was the one for her, he never stopped pursuing her though and i think that's something with Stefan and Damon, they always somehow end up falling for the same girls, Katherine and now Elena. A woman always coming between them. I honestly enjoy watching their brother relationship than their messy relationship over one girl.

Did I watch another show called the vampire diaries or what are you saying?  Damon clearly NEVER told Elena that Stefan was the better choice he just said that he's the better brother, he'd have never gone off to Elena and say 'Stefan's the better one, stay with him' blahblahblah because that'd lower his chances of being with Elena. When by God's sake did Stefan claim that Damon was the wrong choice? Maybe the compelled Stefan might have said that but he did that to push her away. To let go. Don't twist the facts around. 

Stefan on the other hand can you blame him for having negative thoughts about his brother? The guy killed his best-friend, and has done what not. Forcing him turn was selfish yes but Stefan admitted to that and he apologized to Damon something that Damon has never done I mean for crying out loud he justified killing Lexie because of 'his guilt' and to top it all off when Stefan and Elena broke up Damon wasn't even sorry, and on the other hand Stefan said 'I'm not happy about Elena, but I'm not not happy for you either' Stefan was going to remove himself out of the equation he was going to leave that is something that Damon Salvatore has never done. If you want to compare both the brothers, you know I can mention a LOT of things which Damon did to Elena, Stefan, Lexie, Bonnie, Caroline, Matt, Jeremy and who not. But I ain't got enough time for that. The only thing is the way Stefan redeemed himself for everything horrible he was and how Damon did nothing for his actions.

Elena is no longer a person and yet people who ship them pretend to be Elena stans it's like please. People love Elena only as long as she's pleasing her Damon. Damon won't ever walk away because he's not a good person. Stefan is and will forever be the superior choice. I never say Damon doesn't deserve love but the thing is why is it that people only recognize Damon's heartbreak? The only difference is that Katherine told Damon from the very beginning that she wanted them both, she never led him on. He knew exactly what he was walking into. Elena on the other hand continuously told Stefan that he had nothing to worry about. The only reason he allowed himself to fall so deeply for her was because he thought that she loved him and him alone, but had he known? He would have walked away. If we want to get technical about it, shouldn't we be sympathizing with Stefan more? But no, somehow because Damon was rejected once, people think that it's completely okay for him to then put his own little brother through that pain so that he can gain his own happiness. I don't follow that logic and I never will.

Now this here is only to state the point that Elena isn't the only one to be blamed. People act like Damon was oh so innocent and wicked Elena lured or seduced him in to her. That just pisses me off. Loving a character doesn't mean you agree with every little or stupidity they do. You don't worship at their altar. 
Originally posted by city-musings

Did I watch another show called the vampire diaries or what are you saying?  Damon clearly NEVER told Elena that Stefan was the better choice he just said that he's the better brother, he'd have never gone off to Elena and say 'Stefan's the better one, stay with him' blahblahblah because that'd lower his chances of being with Elena. When by God's sake did Stefan claim that Damon was the wrong choice? Maybe the compelled Stefan might have said that but he did that to push her away. To let go. Don't twist the facts around.  

Stefan on the other hand can you blame him for having negative thoughts about his brother? The guy killed his best-friend, and has done what not. Forcing him turn was selfish yes but Stefan admitted to that and he apologized to Damon something that Damon has never done I mean for crying out loud he justified killing Lexie because of 'his guilt' and to top it all off when Stefan and Elena broke up Damon wasn't even sorry, and on the other hand Stefan said 'I'm not happy about Elena, but I'm not not happy for you either' Stefan was going to remove himself out of the equation he was going to leave that is something that Damon Salvatore has never done. If you want to compare both the brothers, you know I can mention a LOT of things which Damon did to Elena, Stefan, Lexie, Bonnie, Caroline, Matt, Jeremy and who not. But I ain't got enough time for that. The only thing is the way Stefan redeemed himself for everything horrible he was and how Damon did nothing for his actions.

Elena is no longer a person and yet people who ship them pretend to be Elena stans it's like please. People love Elena only as long as she's pleasing her Damon. Damon won't ever walk away because he's not a good person. Stefan is and will forever be the superior choice. I never say Damon doesn't deserve love but the thing is why is it that people only recognize Damon's heartbreak? The only difference is that Katherine told Damon from the very beginning that she wanted them both, she never led him on. He knew exactly what he was walking into. Elena on the other hand continuously told Stefan that he had nothing to worry about. The only reason he allowed himself to fall so deeply for her was because he thought that she loved him and him alone, but had he known? He would have walked away. If we want to get technical about it, shouldn't we be sympathizing with Stefan more? But no, somehow because Damon was rejected once, people think that it's completely okay for him to then put his own little brother through that pain so that he can gain his own happiness. I don't follow that logic and I never will.

Now this here is only to state the point that Elena isn't the only one to be blamed. People act like Damon was oh so innocent and wicked Elena lured or seduced him in to her. That just pisses me off. Loving a character doesn't mean you agree with every little or stupidity they do. You don't worship at their altar. 

Damon told Elena that he was wrong for her and so did Stefan. That is a fact. But I think Damon did wrong things but thats because he never found love, he was still hurt over Katherine and he had fallen for Elena but he NEVER left because he cared about Stefan and Elena. He loved Elena. But he never tried to separate them! No one, and I repeat, no one in TVD is a saint. 

Elena is just so irritating. See, she loved Stefan. Stefan had nothing to worry about but then what happened? She realises she is in love with Damon? I mean SERIOUSLY? ðŸ˜• It was so random! 

And now suddenly she wants Stefan to remember her too ðŸ˜² Just for her own needs? Now she'll tell damon that she's changed. She doesn't love him. she loves Stefan! I genuinely think that Elena needs to get her brains back. She needs to decide dude. This is so stupid! 

If she cared about Stefan shouldn't she try and protect him from all the pain he's been through. Wouldn't she want him to move on? But NO. Miss G wants both the brothers to remember her and love her and want her while she can keep switching between the two. Don't you think?

So who is selfish here? Damon? Stefan? Or ELENA? 

Who is wrong? Elena. She has lost everyone she cares about and yet just wants the two brothers to love her? She CLEARLY led Stefan on in yesterday's episode.

And about Damon. I don't think he is always right but at this point, he is right. If your love comes and tells you that she loves you, you wont send her away! Damon has loved her for far too long to move on. He has ALWAYS taken care of Stefan, Elena and the others. He thinks differently, not wrongly. He has his own point of views. They are different, not wrong. 

Edited by DoNotDisturb - 10 years ago

^ Now here you go again. There's nothing new to this and I don't think I have the enthusiasm to explain what I think because maybe views here are so thick that people don't accept faults in their favorites. YES, Elena is at damn self absorbed and irksome for lingering on with both the brothers but you should definitely not ignore the fact that Damon pursued her too in spite of full knowledge of the fact that she was with Stefan. No, he stayed around because he was selfish to do so. And what's wrong with it, it is character. The way he's been. Like Stefan was going to going to remove himself out of the equation. He was going to leave which Damon never did. And he stayed around because he cared for Elena AND Stefan you mention? Silly excuse, make yourself happy with that. 😆 

And Damon cares for Stefan? Haha! 😆 Yeah right, he didn't even care about where Stefan had been all the time he was in grave and referred to him as his 'Elena's ex' YEAH of course he cares about him.