Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: sashashyam

Lashy dear, please do NOT  say They are BOTH. She is no begum. She is a terminally stupid,  cerebrally challenged little twit from a tinpot little riyasat, who needs to be taught a very sharp lesson. When, how and by whom I do not know. Of course it is not going to happen.

Don't you see what the CVs have done? They have buried any chance of real magic in this relationship for good. It is now never going to be the kind of love I described again and again and again recently.

I am going off the air for the rest of this week. I need a break from both this serial and this forum.

But I still love you, despite your incomprehensible BOTH.

Shyamala Aunty

His expressions 1 second after the tirade compelled me to put 'both' instead of Jodha alone...She's slipped...but, he's slipping too...and if not the CVs I don't know who else to blame! Because, I know PS and RT are capable of far more than this!
I'll paste here what I wrote elsewhere...

One receives as much disrespect as one allows! We've learnt that Jodha is never going to change - not any time soon! If saving her life (and NOT blaming her for her mistakes) has not brought about changes, I don't know what else will. What I fail to understand is what exactly has she done NOW, that HE'S changing so drastically? Is it the lack of female company at Amer that's getting to him?

Many state that he is giving Jodha all that leverage because he gets a kick out of her behaviour and he is attracted to her. I ask, which emperor would take it all in stride and stand back quietly. People will take this person for a ride if they got drift of the fact that this is how he behaved with his loved ones (or people he was attracted to). The closer circle surrounding him will work this weakness of the Emperor to their advantage - pretend to like/love him just so they could be in his good books - and then misuse it (far more than the serial Ruqs or MA)!  He is a born Royal - born to believe he's the leader. For such a man, there is only so much even he can take from the one he loves most! 
[If the 'love' angle is what everyone's about then why does even the most docile of us get annoyed with our mother/husband (whoever it is we loved most) if they humiliated us in front of our friends...do we just stand back and smile like we were watching something amusing? Then, why is Jalal doing so? Wasn't he the most powerful man then? Wasn't his respect partially responsible for keeping his forces/people/subject under control - at least for that sake, I wish he took her to task for challenging him time and again]

So, what if he loves her? So what if my man loves me? I have so much more respect for him only because he doesn't take such nonsense from me! He knows to stand up for himself if I might cross the line! One doesn't have to be abusive for that - one just needs self-respect! The least Jalal could have done was walk away - instead we get to see his Majnu avtaar in the very next scene. Jalal has to be THE MAN! He can be a guy who would do ANYTHING for the sake of his loved ones when needed, and yet will NOT take nonsense from anyone when unjustified too! That is quite how he was until I think the entire Mohan fiasco. Suddenly, that Jalal is missing.
Today, he briefly he snapped at her and then again next scene he's back to watching nari-thya? Only because he gives her so much space does she treat him like that...if he didn't allow that, she would think twice before blurting out such! (Like how she was for a few episodes post that suicide attempt)

Therefore, today I've decided to blame Jalal just as much as Jo...like how society blames the PARENT for a child turning into a spoilt brat (possibly more than the child itself!) πŸ˜›
Yes, I still love them both...

However, today I feel like I have lesser right than the other day to compel you to watch or to stay back for our sakes...πŸ’”Yet, I'd plead with you to visit the forum - even if you don't watch the episodes - even if you don't want to analyze - but, for our sakes!

Edited by lashy - 10 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Ah i totally understand where you are coming from..Am not sure what to think of Jalal and Jodha anymore Jodha is so egoistic and full of herself and Jalal is so hopelessly in love that he doesn't mind any taunt or insult hurled at him..Well, thats exactly how its coming across to a viewer of average intelligence..Jodha seems to be the be all and end all of Jalal's life and he cant seem to look beyond her..And thats majorly contributing to her pride and arrogance IMOπŸ˜† Some major self-introspection needed for Jodha..She needs to stop acting like she is God's gift to mankind and Jalal needs to stop with the over indulgenceπŸ₯±
ngayou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This was my comment on another post today, cant think any more after today s total let down by Jodha s characterisation .                                                                              . Let alone a political mind she doesnt seem to have a basic thinking mind too. And where s her breeding as a Princess gone, I d like to ask. She barges in any & every where & regardless of who s present or otherwise goes into her harangue mode, not to speak abt being a gracious & atleast a slightly grateful person. It s all good to argue that she s in denial mode of her love for Jalal, but why not be more civil & sensitive abt it. Let her take her time in falling for Jalal but in the meanwhile I d sure like to see her display attributes worthy of being a good queen & deserving of love too. Jalal , too a great extent has redeemed himself thro his various acts for Jodha to compensate for his previous callousness towards Jodha, but Jodha s barely acknowledged this , much less been grateful abt it. Sorry if my words for Jodha s behaviour seem harsh, but time & again she s displayed behaviour that warrants it. Phew, sorry for venting so much here, but today she seemed extra insensitive . Dunno where the CVs r going showing such a portrayal of Jodha s characterEdited by ngayou - 10 years ago
sonia_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ€—
Another great post Shyamala 😊...and I can feel your angst .
. As I noted elsewhere, both of them are  complex,  multi-layered personalities...each one prods & probes ...inflicts hurt, recover and then move on to the next one...they are brutally honest with each other with their ghrina/nafrat ... yet are NOT ! Their words can be interpreted in different ways...
Its interesting that Jalal repeatedly keeps asking if she has started caring for himπŸ˜• and she immediately goes to Ameri izzat & all the Sa's involved.

JAN_SA thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
spot on i could not say it better, hugely disappointed after watching the episode, jodha's insensitivity is beyond normal humane feelings. πŸ’”

i admire jalal's response and his calmness despite his wife's rudeness, hostility and unjustified anger/hatred.

i want to see a stronger firmer jalal, who gives it back to her - a bitter taste of her own sarcasm
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well, it is 3 am and I do have to get to bed, but yes, I would buy the first para. You will not, however, find many takers for it.

As for  para 2, Lashy, if I have nothing to say, why would I come  here? To read all the gushing explanations of how the Ameri marvel is the way she is? I rarely  read much on the forum, except for the posts by a very few, in which list you figure prominently. Now I  do not feel like reading or writing anything at least till next week. I feel so disappointed that I have no heart  for any more of this.

You don't need me; there is plenty of more palatable stuff lathered around the forum. I am feeling vitriolic, and right now, I am not any kind of company you would  want!πŸ˜‰ Good night, my very dear girl.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: lashy

Therefore, today I've decided to blame Jalal just as much as Jo...like how society blames the PARENT for a child turning into a spoilt brat (possibly more than the child itself!) πŸ˜›
Yes, I still love them both...

However, today I feel like I have lesser right than the other day to compel you to watch or to stay back for our sakes...πŸ’”Yet, I'd plead with you to visit the forum - even if you don't watch the episodes - even if you don't want to analyze - but, for our sakes!

ameilia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thank God i caught your post early Shyamala Aunty.I couldnt reply the other days because i get your pms when i have to head out or if i have some work.
Anyway I loved the verbal showdown between the two.I am a sucker for fights as they bring out intensity and angry glares.
I didn't like Jodha's dialogues about how no one loves Jalal.What does that mean that Hamida Bano doesn't love her son selflessly??Jodha's banter did struck Jalal but i think if she wanted to get her point out there then she should have rephrased.No one loves Jalal...like how the hell does she know that???Doesn't Bakshi Bano love her brother too??She should have simply stated that Jalal should realise that some of the people around him who claims they love him and care for him have an ulterior motive.I do however think that Jalal needed to hear some of her words.They were harsh and bitter but i do commend her honesty.Being an emperor is a huge responsibility and no one knows who is out to backstab you for power and position.Her tone could have been better and she should lose her egotistic attitude.
What irks me also is she is so quick to defend Amer and her family because they are so pious and righteous. Isn't this the same family who married her off and when she wanted to return refused her?Don't get me wrong i understand the reasons for the political alliance but why is she always ready to berate and judge Jalal and his clan when her family is to be blamed too.Sorry for my rant but Jodha has to realise she is no longer an Ameri Princess...she is a Queen of the Mughal Empire.No one is asking her to forget her family but Jalal and his family should be her number 1 priority because she went to Amer as a guest.
As for Jalal going to watch Jodha nritya then i have no qualms.It just shows that he doesn't hold grudges on her for too long.I do like however that he remarked that he is a Shehenshah so no one can stop him for going anywhere.I felt so much better hearing him say that.That last scene we have a romantic stalker/just a curious husband wanting to see his wife using his perks of being an Emperor to satisfy his wants.

Edited by ameilia - 10 years ago
Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Oh ShyamalaJi

I have only watched a few epi's here and there since their wedding..But hv kept up witht the serial through your posts...If u r giving up...then I dnt think thers anything worth watching for me!

The cv's need too strt suing their brains for Jodha character and tone her down...She is & acts the complete opposite to what a Princess should do!
At Agra she has had enough growing up to do...her mother rejecting her was a great blow for her...but it doesn't look like she has nor will learn anything...Ruqayya comes across a tad better in this aspect!

I know Jalaj is an Emperor...(I haven't seen the epi's since the tiger attack )...But he ahd to grow up too soon...mayb around Jodha he feels comfortable enough to act on the childish side of his character? Many men do so around their wives!
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Maybe they can, Sonia. One can always see anything one is determined to see.

I am just not in the mood for it, and even if I was, I would not see anything different. Jodha today made me feel sick, and by the episode end, Jalal made me feel  queasy as well with his peeping Tom act.

And Jalal does not 'repeatedly' ask her if she has started caring for him. He asks just that once. Not that it matters.

Shyamala

Originally posted by: sonia_1

πŸ€—

Another great post Shyamala 😊...and I can feel your angst .
. As I noted elsewhere, both of them are  complex,  multi-layered personalities...each one prods & probes ...inflicts hurt, recover and then move on to the next one...they are brutally honest with each other with their ghrina/nafrat ... yet are NOT ! Their words can be interpreted in different ways...
Its interesting that Jalal repeatedly keeps asking if she has started caring for himπŸ˜• and she immediately goes to Ameri izzat & all the Sa's involved.

sonia_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sashashyam

Maybe they can, Sonia. One can always see anything one is determined to see.

I am just not in the mood for it, and even if I was, I would not see anything different. Jodha today made me feel sick, and by the episode end, Jalal made me feel  queasy as well with his peeping Tom act.

And Jalal does not 'repeatedly' ask her if she has started caring for him. He asks just that once. Not that it matters.

Shyamala

I meant , he asks every time she shows even a slightest concern for him...I find that interesting just because he knows she has repeatedly been rude with her ghrina bhaashan . ...I now wonder what her Dand will be for this peeping tom act...maybe she will ask him to go back to Agra, to ensure his safetyπŸ˜‰

I have no clue about Cv's strategy with this track but this could play out with  Jodha getting physically hurt during another attack on Jalal since Adham  refuses to give up πŸ˜• thereby proving her concern for Jalal.πŸ˜•πŸ˜†
Edited by sonia_1 - 10 years ago