Debate Mansion

Are the Indian Muslims being targeted?? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 26

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by raj5000

Right! am not pointing fingers, Gauri, just making a generalized  statement (kill meWinkLOL) reading the views. I know IM , who are against and openly discuss such actions, said that even I openly criticize actions on Indian hindus biasing on religon. BTW Mr Musarraf is working on getting rid of terrorist activity on illegal talibani's. May be becuase of religious influence peopl might understand acts of fellow mates, but understanidng doesn't mean agreeing on it.

so how should society react? not target anyone and wait to catch people after they blow up buildings and after they have carried out their killings?Tongue or target everyone at infinite cost, even if that were possible?Tongue

dont societies everywhere keep tabs on a criminal's relatives and friends even though they might be innocent? it is all about making tradeoffs. one does need to go after statistically likely candidates and put them under the scanner. if that happens to be one group or the other, so be it.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are the Indian Muslims being targeted?? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Too strong POV's here, guys lets look beyond generalizing on acts by individuals to be called as actions of IM. :) Same generalization is very common in any walk of life / country ... we should debate but not blame or pick on sections who have nothing to do with stuff.

Raj,

No one here is saying that all IM are indulged in terrorist activities.  All we are saying is that we do not see IM criticising the actions of some of their brethern....which, I think is true.

I have lot of muslim friends and I know how good they all are.  Won't even think in my dreams to stereotype them all like this.  But, the fact is that I never see anyone criticizing the terrorism openly.  No public meetings called to denounce terrorism etc.

Right! am not pointing fingers, Gauri, just making a generalized  statement (kill meWinkLOL) reading the views. I know IM , who are against and openly discuss such actions, said that even I openly criticize actions on Indian hindus biasing on religon. BTW Mr Musarraf is working on getting rid of terrorist activity on illegal talibani's. May be becuase of religious influence peopl might understand acts of fellow mates, but understanidng doesn't mean agreeing on it.

No, I don't think IM understand these atrocious acts.  I think, or rather believe, that they are way too afraid to speak up publicly in rl.  vl ka kya hai.  yahan toh hum bhi kuchh na kuchh boltey rehtey hain!!!

nahi, tumhey maar ker kya mileyga Raj.  Itney achhey achhey topics kaun layega threads key liyeLOL

Well, you got me writing strong views my self :)

One cann't make that statement for IM, without knowing the views of atleast 60% of majority. I understand there are no proofs hence we cannot comment on that. If any hindu is doing a wrong act based on religious blanket, I will and know people who will fight for it publically.

Topics ka kya hai... world doesn't stop by one person.Right mujh becharey ko maar key kya milega, unscheduled trips to shamshan and flower expense every year Embarrassed ...  but mukti from IF love would be something to think about .. lols.. 

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

so how should society react? not target anyone and wait to catch people after they blow up buildings and after they have carried out their killings?Tongue or target everyone at infinite cost, even if that were possible?Tongue

Society had a fair POV and not generalize, do you think any unrest created in normal functioning of society or terrorism is something caused by IM? Target terrorism not IM's or any particular community. Point finger on the pap not folks belonging to papi's religion.

dont societies everywhere keep tabs on a criminal's relatives and friends even though they might be innocent? it is all about making tradeoffs. one does need to go after statistically likely candidates and put them under the scanner. if that happens to be one group or the other, so be it.

Criminal relatives point, that what am saying such broad generalization is not right. For Eg. Desi's skip lights in US, means am a light skipper... wat??????Based on statistical data all poors in world have no right to live as they are more bound to be involved in criminal activities. Fair? 

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:56pm | IP Logged

Well, you got me writing strong views my self :)

One cann't make that statement for IM, without knowing the views of atleast 60% of majority. I understand there are no proofs hence we cannot comment on that. If any hindu is doing a wrong act based on religious blanket, I will and know people who will fight for it publically.

Topics ka kya hai... world doesn't stop by one person.Right mujh becharey ko maar key kya milega, unscheduled trips to shamshan and flower expense every year Embarrassed ...  but mukti from IF love would be something to think about .. lols.. 

kahey ki muktee Raj.  Yaad hai tum ney hee bola thha ki koi chaar saal ka batcha aa ker boley woh Raj ka reincarnation hai toh hum sab maan ley....kuchh aisa hee hogaLOL

jokes apart...no talking about death etc.  It is way to serious to be taken lightlySmile  Marey tumharey dushman...once you confirm that I am not one of themLOL

back on topic: 60% might feel what is happening is not right but even if 30% denounce these acts, they will elevate the whole community's image in public and discourage the bad elements big time!!!

What memory Clap do you maintain dairy / excel like me lolssss. Yup would come back. No, no one here can come close to dushman.. lols Love or am neutral but no dushmany.

Ma'am I don't understand how you came up with the numbers, any ways if that is true also with facts, if even 2 IM (whom I know) totally are verbal about such acts, won't buy generalizing IM's on the whole. How many people from other religions stand up against wrong doing by religious gurus in Public without selfish motives.

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 07 July 2007 at 11:59pm | IP Logged

Society had a fair POV and not generalize, do you think any unrest created in normal functioning of society or terrorism is something caused by IM? Target terrorism not IM's or any particular community. Point finger on the pap not folks belonging to papi's religion.

Criminal relatives point, that what am saying such broad generalization is not right. For Eg. Desi's skip lights in US, means am a light skipper... wat??????Based on statistical data all poors in world have no right to live as they are more bound to be involved in criminal activities. Fair? 

terrorism is something that is very strongly linked to muslim groups the world over these days. if we cant agree on that, maybe we wont ever.Wink

as for going after the paap and not the paapi's community, sure. good line. but how? could u provide practical pointers here? i am sure intelligence agencies would be very happy to learn techniques they might have overlooked. Tongue specifically, do u go after the paapi after the paap has been committed? or do u try to predict who the paapi might be so that u can stop things before they happen? and if it came down to terrorism, who would u predict the paapi might be? that old japanese lady or the IM? hope you can provide practical pointers on how to point fingers at the paap while not going after the likely paapis' community. Tongue

and how do u get to "all poor have no right to live"? isnt that a wild exterpolation? who's saying that? Confusedbut yes, if they are more prone to crime, then we should put more cops in their neigborhoods, no? would that also be unfairly targetting them?

bottom line, when u need to fight crime/ terrorism, u try to go after where u expect to find criminals. where they live, who they hang out with and which community they come from are obvious starting points. where else would once target scarce resources?

Edited by chatbuster - 08 July 2007 at 12:20am

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 July 2007 at 12:10am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 08 July 2007 at 12:39am | IP Logged

terrorism is something that is very strongly linked to muslim groups the world over these days. if we cant agree on that, maybe we wont ever.Wink

Are there more religious bond nations then M's. I mean are there more then one sikh / hindu nations world wide? BTW how do you define terrorism, some community fighting for religious beliefs or is it cimilar to civil wars ?

as for going after the paap and not the paapi's community, sure. good line. but how? could u provide practical pointers here?

Absolutely, check for physcologist behaviour patterns of individuals who can be potential threat to peace, not singling out M's. ALL am saying don't corner M's there are many more individuals belonging to differnet religion involved on disruputing peace. BTW  - mafia activity only related to M's? why not?

i am sure intelligence agencies would be very happy to learn techniques they might have overlooked. Tongue specifically, do u go after the paapi after the paap has been committed? or do u try to predict who the paapi might be so that u can stop things before they happen? and if it came down to terrorism, who would u predict the paapi might be? that old japanese lady or the IM? hope you can provide practical pointers on how to point fingers at the paap while not going after the likely paapis. they do belong to a certain community, no?Wink

Do you expect me to do a case study here? Intellegence agencies are taking the right steps, then the POV's you are trying to make, they know the facts or else there was no reason everyone on airports get scrutinized or pass security test rather then M originated people. They are targeting the paap not papi's, anyone can be suspectable terrorist irrespect or origin or religion. NO?

and how do u get to "all poor have no right to live"? isnt that a wild exterpolation? who's saying that? Confusedbut yes, if they are more prone to crime, then we should put more cops in those neigborhoods, no? 

Thats whats pointed or being conveyed by cornering IM's, don't you feel? To control crime not even poor even rich are no less, put more cops in neighbourhood where crime rate is high not based on rich or poorWink

bottom line, when u need to fight crime/ terrorism, u try to go after where u expect to find that crime. where they live, who they hang out with and what their community are obvious starting points

Right what you are saying is to be proactive here, but in previous view it sounded more like definate action/targetting against just one caste / religion rather then proactively taking corrective actions on potential problems irrespective of religion / caste / creed.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top