Debate Mansion

Are the Indian Muslims being targeted?? (Page 25)

Post Reply New Post

Page 25 of 26

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 July 2007 at 8:22pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by tisha_g

Am opening this topic.If anyone has any issues with a certain post they are free to report or send the dev team a pm.
Thanks

sure cock-fight is good isnt it?LOLLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are the Indian Muslims being targeted?? (Page 25)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 July 2007 at 8:29pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Am opening this topic.If anyone has any issues with a certain post they are free to report or send the dev team a pm.
Thanks

sure cock-fight is good isnt it?LOLLOL

Qwerts, I thought we were debating here.

And when did you start spamming.Smile

isnt closing and opening of a thread by itself debatable?... but sorry tish i now on mums the word....Smile

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 12 July 2007 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
Thanks Tish for opening the thread, even though to me it doesn't make any sense anymore, as the fizz is no more there and also I have already shared my views on this topic...

However, I would certainly like to know why it was closed in the first place..We have had threads where people said things like 'Indian men are ewwwww etc' and still the thread kept going with the blessings of the DEV team, but why was this thread closed???? Confused

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 12 July 2007 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

I admire the panel's earnest appoach and assurance of patriotism. In spirit of having a healthy constructive dialogue I would like to forward the following points.
1, THe panel had all (except I don't know the last one) Muslim voices so a true dialogue might not have been possible.
2, The panel swore that no Indian Muslim supported LeT, AlQueda and for the most part most would believe them but there are those who in wake of 9/11-and about 100 Indians died that day-did rallies in India with posters of Laden. I have seen TV clips.(I am willing to bet that they were not Hindus, Sikhs, Christians or Parsis). LeT and ISI do not operate in vaccume in Delhi blasts, Mumbai Blasts, Akshar Dham and Kashmir, there must be those who give them logistical support in India (and once again I am willing to bet that they were not Hindus, Sikhs, Christians or Parsis). There were those who set fire to a train full of innocent men women and children (you don't buy 'falty electric circuit' theory do you?) to ignite a massive communal riot. THere are those who set firecrackers and celebrate when India loses to Pakistan (these are people who have never been to Pakistan and have nno relatives there - hence it is different than Desis in UK celebrating Desi tem's win over UK) The Indian Muslim community will have to address these elements even if they are less than 0.1%. No one else can do that for them...the onus fairly or unfairly is upon them.
3, There is a phenomenon in medicine called Auto-Immune disease where body's immune system when attached by outside culptrits like Bacteria and Virus forms antibodies which then identify bodie's own cells that in some way resemble the outside culprits and attacks own cells. Indian Muslims are in a similar way victims of terrorism sponsored by ISI and LeT and AlQuada...actually Muslims everywhere in the world are. Once again Muslims will have to address these issues themselves and with actions - not mere words like "Islam is a religion of peace'. The onus, fairly or unfairly, is upon them. How much action? As much as needed in order to clear the prejudice. WE cannot quantitate or appropriate that action.
4, Unlike Minorities in other countries(e.g. Blacks in US), Muslims arrived in India as conqueres and stayed for 3/4 of a millennium rulers. So the poverty they face cannot be blamed on the majority which itself is poor. It might have something do with the fact that they are outpacing everyone else in popolation growth, even in the country that is outpacing all other country. The leaders might think that the reservation is bringing positive results...but if we even buy the notion that reservation/affirmative action are needed for reparations of past injustices, there is nothing in past to offer those reparations to Muslim community for! Reservation will only bring more contempt and malevolence in long term. It is not good for Muslims themselves.
I present this in spirit of opening a dialogue...no harsh feelings involved. I do not mean to hurt anyone's feelings and apologize if I have. I welcome counter arguements.

Oh yeah, how did I miss this post... Ouch

I agree with everything that was said above..Very well said by Abhijeet Clap

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 July 2007 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 12 July 2007 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raksha.l

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

I admire the panel's earnest appoach and assurance of patriotism. In spirit of having a healthy constructive dialogue I would like to forward the following points.
1, THe panel had all (except I don't know the last one) Muslim voices so a true dialogue might not have been possible.
2, The panel swore that no Indian Muslim supported LeT, AlQueda and for the most part most would believe them but there are those who in wake of 9/11-and about 100 Indians died that day-did rallies in India with posters of Laden. I have seen TV clips.(I am willing to bet that they were not Hindus, Sikhs, Christians or Parsis). LeT and ISI do not operate in vaccume in Delhi blasts, Mumbai Blasts, Akshar Dham and Kashmir, there must be those who give them logistical support in India (and once again I am willing to bet that they were not Hindus, Sikhs, Christians or Parsis). There were those who set fire to a train full of innocent men women and children (you don't buy 'falty electric circuit' theory do you?) to ignite a massive communal riot. THere are those who set firecrackers and celebrate when India loses to Pakistan (these are people who have never been to Pakistan and have nno relatives there - hence it is different than Desis in UK celebrating Desi tem's win over UK) The Indian Muslim community will have to address these elements even if they are less than 0.1%. No one else can do that for them...the onus fairly or unfairly is upon them.
3, There is a phenomenon in medicine called Auto-Immune disease where body's immune system when attached by outside culptrits like Bacteria and Virus forms antibodies which then identify bodie's own cells that in some way resemble the outside culprits and attacks own cells. Indian Muslims are in a similar way victims of terrorism sponsored by ISI and LeT and AlQuada...actually Muslims everywhere in the world are. Once again Muslims will have to address these issues themselves and with actions - not mere words like "Islam is a religion of peace'. The onus, fairly or unfairly, is upon them. How much action? As much as needed in order to clear the prejudice. WE cannot quantitate or appropriate that action.
4, Unlike Minorities in other countries(e.g. Blacks in US), Muslims arrived in India as conqueres and stayed for 3/4 of a millennium rulers. So the poverty they face cannot be blamed on the majority which itself is poor. It might have something do with the fact that they are outpacing everyone else in popolation growth, even in the country that is outpacing all other country. The leaders might think that the reservation is bringing positive results...but if we even buy the notion that reservation/affirmative action are needed for reparations of past injustices, there is nothing in past to offer those reparations to Muslim community for! Reservation will only bring more contempt and malevolence in long term. It is not good for Muslims themselves.
I present this in spirit of opening a dialogue...no harsh feelings involved. I do not mean to hurt anyone's feelings and apologize if I have. I welcome counter arguements.

Oh yeah, how did I miss this post... Ouch

I agree with everything that was said above..Very well said by Abhijeet Clap

It is always a treat to read his views!  Thanks Raksha for quoting it.  Wonder where I missed a meaningful post in the jibber jabber including my own Wink
THNX doc as always..

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 13 July 2007 at 1:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by chatbuster

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

OH GREAT!!  RIGHT!!  So burglary is as severe as TERRORISM and ACTS of MASS DESTRUCTION??  and since we can't stop burglars, it is okay yo accept terrorism?? Wink You crack me up with the comparison with burglary, while I was quoted 15 times for comparing child molesters and mass murderers with terrorists ;)  Now suddenly burglars are riding the same boat and its okay? Tongue

oh, you wont catch me putting them on the same boat. Tongue but it seemed you sure were in terms of human quality; i was merely suggesting that you dont want to give up the fight, whether against terrorists or against criminals, just because you havent nabbed them all. gotta understand context you see.Wink

1.  US does not have a comparable Islamic population- diverse in terms of their patriotism or in terms of the Negativities. 
Internalized Islamic terrorism is a relatively new threat, while in India, it has been rampant for decadesConfused..how can you even compare?

how can one compare? actually rather easily. Tonguein terms of agenda to disrupt/ destroy other civilizations that dont subscribe to the same brand of islam, in terms of modus operandi, in terms of common links etc. That said, what's your point? profiling is ok in the US because it has a smaller islamic population, but not ok in india? has your argument switched from moral to practical now?  Wink

2.  USA is not a secular country..  Profiling will not have severe impact in the US, as we would face in India.

so the discussion is now in terms of practicality, not morality. good.Tongue

LOL.. sure, but many a times, they have caught old east asian women.. I doubt they were looking..  It was more based on random seat allocations LOL unless they really thought 70 year old japanese women was on flight to blow it! anyway, since I do not wish Raksha to quote this, failing to see the joke, let me make it clear- they can profile based on appearance. I have no proof to deny it.

I don't think I understand the point you are trying to make with your DEFINITION of TARGETTING.  I have tried to, but I failed!
 I am tired and have no EFFECTIVE plans like you CLEARLY seem to have Wink.

my plan? more of the same. after all , i am not the one cribbing coz i think it's working as well as it something like fighting terrorism ever can. yours was to abandon it for "no plan"Wink

CB, you are mixing itty bitty crimes again with terrorism Wink..

you were.Wink 

Terrorism is not a funny business. 

good. somehow i was getting the impression that you were equating it to forest banditry and all.Wink

We need to strategize tackling them with finesse and shrewdness and strictness. 

yes.Tongue i am sure this is as helpful as "just say no" and "no child should be left behind" kinda "policies". those are policies, or are they not? very specific and actionableWinkLOL

We cannot judge every Iqbal and Khan.. I wonder what happened to old generation INTELLIGENCE.  If we know the pockets where terrorism grows, it beats me why it is not iradicated.  Attack the terrorist training camps and kill if required, but use better means than ration cards.  All it promotes is MORE HATRED, MORE anti-national elements. 

terrorists recruit people from within cities, from neighborhoods where there has been a propensity to engage in anti-national activities. cant go and attack everyone in those areas, but one can sure keep an eye on them. you might call that targetting, i call it necessary and routine law enforcement practice.

Reminds me of the movie -MAACHIS..

although just a movie, it is something to ponder - whether and how profiling gone bad can cause more damage - when terrorism is internalized and mingled with peaceful patriots of the same religion.. 

sure. will send chotu to get the movie ticketsTongue

Edited by chatbuster - 13 July 2007 at 1:27am

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 13 July 2007 at 3:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top