Recitation of Vande Mataram against Islam - Page 21

Posted: 17 years ago
The national anthem and song are there for a reason...They promote unity in diversity...Specially we(India) are a country of so many languages,religions and cultures and having a common song will just knit eachother into a tight bond...

Having said that, its a very personal choice if one wants to sing them or not...I am automatically tuned in and start singing along, the moment I hear our Jana gana mana or Vandematharam..I guess its a very involuntary reaction.....

In fact I do the same to any country's national anthem/song...I just stand and keep my hand on my heart and show my respect...I may not sing it but I still show my respect...

So ALL the Indians should be taught to respect our National song/Anthem right from the school...Its something only the teachers can do...

Cheers,
Raksha

PS: Is this not a very old topic???How come we are still hanging in here???

πŸ€”
omg im muslim i have no objeection in tht ..if u have 2 sing it welll dont sing it jus stand up coz of respect... i mean yah well if it is then u rly cant protest sum like tht ...jus stand up with the pple n dont say it soo easy n simple n ugh this is soo stupid..... who rly cares...i mean i am muslim but like i say the american national athem coz its reespect.. jus stand up n show ur respect .... u dont have 2 sing it........................... 😳
Originally posted by sunp

When there are old topics and new members who want to voice their opinion on a topic, they voice it

Is there a problem with that?

or is this renewing of topics a "perk" for "old" members and I should have checked with "someone" before bringing it to the forefront?

Oh oh oh, peace please...I did not in anyway mean to get this kind of reaction from you...As far as I know, you dont have to check with anybody to renew the old topics...So rest assured you can do that, as long as your intention is to contribute to the topic...πŸ˜ƒ..The reason I asked that is because we have already had 30+pages of debate, almost everybody agreeing with eachother...But yes, since you are new, you do have a right to add your bit too...Go ahead please...πŸ‘πŸΌ

Cheers,
RakshaπŸ˜ƒ