My Review: Devil May Care

Posted: 10 years ago
The title is ironic. For, against all intents and purposes of the phrase, everybody, including the devil cares a hell lot. The episode begins beautifully, right from the word go, you know it's going to be one hell of an episode. There's such peace in Dean's expression, lying there. Then, they explain the predicament to each other in a nutshell. It was, by all means, a warm and happy experience for me to see Dean and Sam really talk. Two episodes into this season, I daresay, I like it more than the last three seasons put frigging together. 

Then Abbadon rises out of a bathtub, puts on some clothes and raises hell for the next thirty-five minutes. Speaking of hell, Crowley's still as Crowley as ever. 🀑 With a twist, if I may add myself. For, he's still in touch with the humane part of him that Sam had formerly brought to life. I was ecstatic when he uttered his 'hello' but then Dean punched him. That might have taken its toll somehow because Crowley didn't deliver much humor this once. But there's a lot of eepisodes to go. So, yeah. πŸ˜†

The hunter, Tracy was an interesting addition to the episode. She brought into our notice that Sam's setting Lucifer and Micheal free still has its effects. I hope we get to see her in the coming episodes.

The Sam-Dean-Ezekiel angle is really, really good. My favorite scene was the conversation between Ezekiel and Dean, it was. Until, well the Dean and Kevin scene. I wasn't expecting Kevin to be bad-arse with the military woman at first, but boy is he bad-freaking-arsed! 🀣 And then even though I was sure at first that he won't give in to Crowley's screwing with his head but eventually I thought, may be they'd flee. But he was gonna leave alone, look for his mother. Broken, poor, poor boy. 😳 But Dean finds him and then tells him they are family. And I was crying. Like crying bad. 'You go, boys! You're family!' - like that. 😳

I would try writing a better review next time. I don't quite know how to record my observations systematically here. So, it's a bit of a mess. But to be honest? The episode was one
HELL OF AN EPISODE. πŸ˜ƒ

And I'm not gonna leave before I say this. Sam is happier with his life than he ever was before. He's got friends and family and he knows he'd make it through the war that's ahead of em simply because of just that. Sam. Oh, well. I am happy too. 😳

The episode throughout had adrenaline, and Dean calling Kevin Katniss among other things but it was also high on feels. And the best kind of feels is when at the end of it all, the episode leaves you smiling. I was so impressed with the entire episode I watched the ending credits and did a guitar-playing action with my hands listening to the ending credits music. πŸ˜†

That'd be all.

Epiphany.

Edited by epiphany. - 10 years ago
thanks for review hon..
i just finished watching this episode..
it was lovely..
bt pretty massive...
i mean Abbadon is knight of hell..n she doesn't even know if crowley is dead or alive...
btw i luvd her speech to lil demons..
n the way she asked them to get some powerful meat suits..like commandos..lol..

luvd military woman and kevin phone convo..
kevin friggin' solo..lol..

luvd dean n kevin convo in last scenes..
poor kevin..he is such a cute lil kid...
he rly luvs these winchesters..
n he din't let crowley go.

n luvd sam's expressions when Tracy confronts him..

beautiful episode..
finally after 1 complete season..sam is goinf to look all hot n smart..
physically he has been rly weak during those trials..

n today for once i actually got the feeling that abbadon will possess dean.. :''(

"to see or not see " seems like an eternal question...
But i will go with my feels..

RES until i watch

Unresing it πŸ˜‰

well well well it was a roller coaster ride to say the least..
the whole episode was high on speed and happenings..πŸ˜ƒ

3 things bothering me..
1] the way Sam's thoughts have evolved..when Dean said he thought what would Sam do..and Sam let know of his idea with Crowley i was genuinely shocked.. as the series is progression season after season i feel Sam is losing "his" thoughts..which real rang of compassion soft heart nature..although Crowley definitely fits the bill as one to be shown mercy ...that's not the issue..issue is Sam is losing his very essence 
2] Abbadon Knows now that the boys have an angelic help other THAN Cas... it's like showing the trump card early in the game..If Sam comes to know of Dean's decision through Cas it has obvious ramification...But if it's told by Abbadon then it's a whole New Problem..why i am reacting this way is..the mere mention of popping Luci's cage by Tracy wounded Sam ...( Jared did awesome emoting in that few seconds!!)
3] Dean Guilt is well too much showing around...i mean..Sam is a Smart guy he can read stuff where they don't exist for others..and this his frigging brother and his body language..

Honestly if Crowley Hadn't screwed around like he did THEN i would have been seriously shocked... although i REVILE Abbadon she was right in one thing though..Crowley is a Salesman and Salesman's habits die hard πŸ˜†

MOMENTS i liked...
1] Definitely The angelic avatar of Sam..after Cas's entrance and Raphael's lightening wings i thought they have reached the mark but SAM's WINGS were AWESOME..and when i say i got goosebumps..it ain't no exaggeration πŸ˜² 

2] All are going gaga over Kevin "Kevin freaking Solo" dialogue..but to me the way he forced the marine to address him Sir..was much more Bad-ass  
but hey all are floundering here and there to fill up the vacancy created by bobby though  neither Kevin here (how much ever tangentially) and Garth couldn't do justice to the position of  "go to" guy Bobby was..

3] the way that cross road demon grandma gave the talk to Abbadon!! was worth my applause 

Doubts i Got 
Why in the first place Abbadon targeted those Navy SEALs??πŸ˜• i mean in the end it isn't the meat suit which has got the power..it's the Demonic possession which has the energy and power required to be violent 

If a totally flambe-ed body can be brought back by some ritual as Abbadon came back in her old meat suit ...then all those beings and humans these boys salted and burned can come back right??πŸ˜•

i never got the hang of the apparent peace and "happiness" Sam said in the end...i mean is it the angel inside him who is making him too happy to be complacent??πŸ˜•

As Abbadon is Knight of hell.and has proven to be virtually indestructible can she be acting on luci's plan?? the way she was making agendas with few demons i all along got the feeling that she was not readying to throne herself as queen..but she was paving way for Luci??

Last but not least 
why am i NOT convinced about Zeke's trustworthy-ness?? why is the suspicion still lingering that he can be working for Metatron?? his way too frankness is kinda putting me off πŸ˜•
Edited by lakshmi_3004 - 10 years ago

OH HOW I LOVED THE EPISODE. OH HOW I LOVED THE EPISODE.  So much and so that I grabbed every chance to watch the episode and watched it thrice. THRICE. Happiness is thrice. <3 Pardon me, I am just overwhelmed by the goodness of those 40mins. πŸ˜† From the opening to the end credit, everything was awesomeness. I don't remember one dull moment, completely adrenaline paced. Had quite a few one-liners, some epic conversations, needed bad-assness and basically everything that sums up a great episode. In addition to everything K said above, I'd like to add HOW AWESOME was Sam/Ezekiel displaying his angel wings/powers. 😎 THAT was something, THAT was a scene. And Dean's conversation with Zeke (aww, I like the name) about 'love' and his expressions. OMG. 🀣 I still don't know if I could trust Zeke although I do admit, I get positive vibes from him but then, this is Supernatural. Nothing ever comes so easy. So, like Dean, lets just hope he's one of the good guys. K, I am on the same boat as you, I was pretty much, 'You go my boys!' too. I am glad people are trying to keep this place alive. Great review! πŸ€—

P.S : I am normally in favour of inclusion of female characters in Supernatural but eh, what's up with the casting crew/writers or may be me that off late female characters/actors just refuse to click with me. 😳

Edited by herms_angel - 10 years ago
Okay I actually forgot that i had reserved my comment here,
coming back to the episode it was AWESOME 
DUDE SAM AKA EZEKIEL WITH THOSE ANGEL WINGS WAS SO COOL!!
And yes i don't know why but at times Abbadon creeps the shit out of me :|
And Kevin, I am getting really REALLY fond of this guy! 
The ending, with Dean telling that him, Sam, Kevin and Cass are a family..Goodness all those feels *sigh* My boys!!!

btw Awesome review K, !!

I will try and right a more detailed comment from the next week, as today i feel like being just lazyπŸ˜†

and yes I saw Mark Shepperd in the White Collar episode too and at one point went '' Damm you Crowley'' well I guess I am kinda habituated to see him as the King Of Hell :P
Edited by SilentSilver - 10 years ago
And and and...that uncomfortable silence cutting the air in the end. Ouch.  Dean looked liked he had swallowed a dozen gillyweeds at a time and he just wants to spit it out. Sure, its not Supernatural when a Winchester is happy. 😳
What's wrong with Tracy, Husna? πŸ˜†

@Everybody: The inactivity of it all disgusts me. 😳
^^ I dunno, mann. Badassness is fine if its her character trait but attitude is not. She hardly had anything to do around and she was bouncing about like she had taken those three demons down. 😳
And please, don't tell me it'll be her Dean's gonna have flings...whatever with. 😳 Can't we have one, like one decent female character? Its been ages since Jo! :(
Originally posted by herms_angel

And please, don't tell me it'll be her Dean's gonna have flings...whatever with. 😳 Can't we have one, like one decent female character? Its been ages since Jo! :(

He called her 'kid', didn't he? πŸ˜† She's too young for Dean.