Apologies but sometimes my reviews will be short because of time constraint.
1. In my view, Vani Rani is fast becoming a thinking person's serial. This means that the dialogues and the scenes make us think and ponder and ask questions. To me that is interesting because other serials just do mokka stories. Please keep it up and well done team - it is something I did not expect.
2. Highlights - Bhoomi's reunion with his sons - really touching. Expressions of all three were brilliant. Once again, Venu excelled - his dialogues, expressions were fantastic. Especially his reaction to the news about Selvi.Director sir, if after all this, you show that Bhoomi has not changed, then the story would become unbelievable. You have put in too much effort, time and scenes to show Bhoomi is a changed person. Have you all ever read the Sidney Sheldon's novel "The Naked Face"? He says that all human beings have different facial expressions to show different emotions. And even though we may pretend, and we may succeed in pretending 99% of the time, there will be a time when the mask slips, and we show our naked face, i.e. our true character. So far we haven't seen Bhoomi showing that...unlike the previous time when he tells his mother that his apology was faked. Oh, I have requests from Vicky's fans: please give Vicky a story line just for him. They want a romantic story. Hahaha.
2. Nice touches. Intha chinna chinna twists engallukku rombha pidichirikku. The first - whilst Anaconda is behaving in her usual, insulting witchy manner, I was wondering why Vani was not saying anything...but I just loved the way you handled the situation, i.e. making Bhoomi coming back at that time, answering Anaconda's insults himself without realising it, talking about Rani which would have caused heartburn for Anaconda...I was clapping. Loved Surya's natkal comments, funny and cheeky. Did I feel sorry when Anaconda walked out and none of the family members said anything?? Nooo.
3. The second nice touch - getting Gowtham to ask whether his father had eaten. Gowtham may be rough and tough but he has a heart of gold...and to have him ask the question and not Surya was a touch of genius. Wonderful scene of father and sons with Vani in the balcony - also tearing up. Tissue time again.
3. Another touch of genius - Rani and Samy scene. Rani is really a unique character. By making her confess first, Samy was put in a spot. He had his own secret and like he rightfully said, he could not scold Rani. Prithivee's change in facial expressions as he hears Rani's story was priceless - from anger to frustration to acceptance. Very well done.
4. Anaconda Sr and Jr scene was I think another clever piece of work. Basically the conversation between them on Bhoomi is a reflection of a debate that is going on between Vani Rani fans in the Internet? Has Bhoomi changed? Or is he acting? Personally, I feel he has changed. He knows what it feels like to be ignored, isolated, alone, treated with disrespect and contempt. He has experienced hurt, humiliation, embarrassment and loneliness. And then the scene with his sons. No one can fake that.
Good work, team. I am going to do 208, 209 and 210 reviews together as the episodes have a continuing story line which is the bail application.
Edited by Karthikka - 17 November 2013 at 7:37am