Vani Rani

Karthikka's reviews - Archive - Page 3

Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
My review

Episode 193

Especially for Saravanan, Swamy and not forgetting Bhoomi who started this mess:

oruvan oruvan mudhalaali ulagil matravan thozhilaali
vidhiyai ninaippavan aemaali adhai venru mudippavan arivaali
oruvan oruvan mudhalaali ulagil matravan thozhilaali
vidhiyai ninaippavan aemaali adhai venru mudippavan arivaali
boomiyai vella aayudham edharku poopparikka koadari edharku
ponnoa poruloa poarkkalam edharku aasai thurandhaal agilam unakku

mannin meedhu manidhanukkaasai manidhan meedhu mannukkaasai
mandhaan kadaisiyil jeyikkiradhu idhai manamdhaan unara marukkiradhu
kaiyil konjam kaasu irudhaal needhaan adharku ejamaanan
kazhuththu varaikkum kaasu irundhaal adhudhaan unakku ejamaanan
vaazhvin arththam purindhuvidu vaazhkkaiyai vaarik kudiththuvidu

Actually Kali's story was also interesting today but I like how you have focused on two characters aiming for the same thing - to make money but doing it through different ways. Samy thinking hard work is the best, whereas Saravanan does not care how he does it as long as he gets money. I am not comfortable that he is lying to his parents but he should realise that he'll be caught out. Naan eppayo sonnen, why is this Sara always crying,😭 neenga sonninge - what else - wait and we waited and now this...avalo soft ah irundhu oru kootu koduthane - ena tonic sar koodikiraru? :D And that Vijay touch, antha hand eh curl panrathu...hahaha...nalla than irukku. I like that now the focus is on Saravanan, and gives a chance to the actor to show his talents, πŸ‘

Rani ma's sukku (suku) coffee must be a hit! Avanga mess open pannuna nalla irukkume. I hope this does not flop the way the water business.

Two days back than, Selvi-yin padippei patri yosichuttu irunthen, neenga antha issue ve address panithinge. Kalakal boss.

Bhaboos...kaiyil kayam!!! Painful ah?? Nalla jump paninge...ahnah why you want to kill all your daughters-in-law?? Sariyana thimiru intha Kali kku (Good you keep mentioning the eldest brother and his wife, Hope he comes back but can you get a better actor please? ;))

Nice ending, ethirparka ille...Kali ye write off pannirathinge. πŸ˜†

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmCHAlMLc0
Edited by Karthikka - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vidyasuresh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Really very nice reviews waiting 4r ur more reviews pls continue soon
newt2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
nice reviews kirthika.

genuine reviews for a good show will help to improvement of the show.

after seeing Bhoomi's bad side to earn money, is it possible for Sara to go on the same line to earn money?

Karthikka thumbnail
Episode 196

Engae nimmadhi engae nimmadhi
angae enakkoar idam vaendum
engae manidhar yaarum illaiyoa
angae enkkoar idam vaendum

Bhoomikku or idam vendum...or is that what he wants us to think?

Surya uraikkira mathiri kelvi kettan...how long is this going to go on?? I hope you have something planned for this situation.

Enjoyed Poongodii's scenes.πŸ‘ She always makes me smile. I am glad we have a character like Poongodi...she is not a crybaby, she is positive and she is sensible. I am glad that you have introduced a character like her; at least there are positive characters in the serial. Her logic is great and I had to smile at her solution - she has the power to think out of the box. Only problem is her taste in men. πŸ˜† But it is Karthik who is driving me up the wall - yet another man who does not respect a woman's right to say no.😑

I was listening to this episode as I was driving...and when the dark suspenseful music came on, I was so tensed because I did not know what was happening and if I took my eyes off the road to watch the scene, there would have been a massive accident on the expressway.πŸ˜† Hahahaha...oh God, Kali, you have more love for your sister and niece than your wife and son. Enna manushan. I nearly fell in shock when Kali uttered the phone number in English. Adda!! English theriyuma?? But I had to laugh when he scolds his sister - Sani kizhamae anna thalaile yennai thechu kuzhipatuvanga, enna ithu mamiyaar veedu paaru.🀣 HAHAHAHAHA!! Make up on Kali was very nice today. Can't believe the dialogue Alamelu was uttering. Stupid cow. She is condemning Sundari for not following her husband but what did she do to her husband ??? (You should bring her husband back just to make the soup interesting. Hehehe)...and Shenba actually wondering how Rajesh could fall in love with Selvi?? HAHAHAHAHA, talk about being a fool and an idiot. She is a real wacko.

Not sure whether Bhoomi has changed when he was playing chess. I think that the chess game is actually a reflection of the state of his mind...he must be a mastermind. The background music was quite frightening. Ivan onnum thiranthama iruntha evan manushan ne ille. He is talking about chess and carrom, games that involve strategy and outsmarting the opponent.πŸ˜•

Thank you once again for a fantastic effort. Really appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3oWKwrbVlg

Karthikka thumbnail
My review

Episode 204

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IneKq_c9Pw&feature=youtu.be

Song for Kali (Bhaboos Baburaj)

avaL enakka magaLaanaL
naan avalukku maganaanen
en urimai thaai allava
en uyirai eduthuchendraL

avaL parandu ponaLe, ennai marandu ponaLe
naan paarkkum pothu kangaL irandai kavarndu ponaLe

1. OK, this song for Kali konjum over but this is especially for Bhaboos, who did such a brilliant job today that even Nadigar Thilagam would have been proud of him. πŸ‘ Absolutely superb acting. Again, like Venu Arvind, Bhaboos portrayed such varied feelings without uttering a single word. Shock, stunned, grief, heartbroken - he wasn't crying, his eyes were sweating. Hats off Bhaboos bro but also congratulations to ON Rathnam and crew for exploiting Bhaboos's talents. I have seen Bhaboos in many serials but Vani Rani has brought out the best in him, not only making Kali a memorable character but Bhaboos a household name (no more dancing with a bottle and malligai poo around your wrist in Telugu movies, ok?). VERY IMPORTANT POINT: I am totally useless in editing videos etc and it took me quite a while to download this song and edit Muthuraman's parts out as they were not relevant for this episode - it is not as if Rajesh ( Guhan) was grieving for her. However I left the last part in because it was Nadigar Thilagam + Muthuraman + TMS + PBS. All legends, all of whom are no more with us, and our lives are much poorer because of that. Ramesh Lal, Sathya Balan sorry thambys , dont have your skills...really backbreaking job. Ahhh!! I am a perfectionist, so I had to spend quite some time getting it the way I want. Not perfect but can do. Star of this episode is undoubtedly Bhaboos Baburaj!!! Villain with a soft heart - athey konjam ungal magan kittaiyum and marumagankkittaiyum kamikirathu.

2. As always, dialogues are superb but this time I have to mention the screenplay. The logic behind the words uttered by the characters were really good and meaningful. I especially liked the scene between Bhoomi and Angayarkanni. Antha kilavi marave mattala?? There were a lot of karuthu there. I enjoyed it very much.

3. Ayoo poor Rajesh and Selvi...pavam antha chinna sirusangal. No peace of mind...I think you all have totally spoilt first night for them...enni eppidinge evanga first night celebrate panna poranga?? Neenga new method introduce pannitinga for kudumbam kattupadu.πŸ˜† Hahaha. Acting by all three of them (and Sree Devi's legs) were very well done.

4. I don't like suicides, attempted suicides, two wives, mistresses storylines. I believe that these story lines deliver wrong messages to the viewers. This point was discussed with my friends as well. Suicide is the best way out, it is okay for a man to have two wives etc. Tamil serials are full of them. Ah uh na tharkolai...so a bit disappointed with this plot in Vani Rani as well. However, I also asked myself: Why would Shenba want to commit suicide? She was so hellbent on marrying Rajesh...by committing suicide, she is not going to achieve anything - unless she was going to come back as a pali vangum avi like Radhikaa mdm in Pillai Nila the movie. Hahaha I mean, she was really so determined to take Rajesh away from Selvi even when she thought that they were already proper husband and wife, so why should the first night plan disturb her to the extent that she should commit suicide? Is this a ploy by Kali, Alamelu and Shenba to get Rajesh to tie the thali around her?? Please don't tell me it is...or worse still, the behku Selvi will tell Rajesh to tie the thali around the neck so that the atma santhi adaiyum...apparom nejamalae naan Korean seriallukku poi viduven.

5. Good portrayal of a decent mother-in-law. Sangeetha Balan is doing justice to her role. A rough but kind character...and nice to see a kind MIL for once. Dont forget to bring the story about the eldest son one day.

Gripping episode. Thank you Suku Kochappan Rc Raamcamroon sirs. Prithivee Raj Arun Kumar Rajan Vicky Krish Maha Lakshmi Gowtham Prabakaran Maanas Chavali - you guys are so talented.

P/S I have watched all the episodes from 199 to 204. No time to write vimarsanam for all of them so I will write a summary of issues that attracted my attention. Sorry for my inability to write for each episode but I am really busy at work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IneKq_c9Pw&feature=youtu.be

Karthikka thumbnail
My review

Friday 8.11.2013

Episode 205

After watching this episode (not once, but twice), the one thing that sticks in my mind is seeing Vani stride forcefully and get into the Pajero which then speeds off majestically. Welcome back Vani Bhoominathan B.A.B.L. So this song is for her. The music, the rhythm, the tone all fits this scene. Penn singam ondru purapattadhey. Kallliii, be afraid, be very afraid. Start running, because the Lioness is coming after you.

Singam ondru purappattadhey 
adhukku nalla kaalam Porandhiruchi, 
nearam, kaninjirukku
ooru thelinjirukku 
Unmai purinjirukku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzEmPgrNBME

1. Another gripping episode. Thank God that Rajesh did not tie thali around the corpse's neck (nejamalae Shenba erunthuthala?? Konjam santhegama irukku). There were polambals on the youtube page that this might go the same way as Illavarasi - two wives. Now I can tell them "no" ...can I? I seriously thought Kali would refuse his sister's request because he was keeping quiet. Whatever sympathy I felt for him yesterday disappeared with the mental way he was behaving today. 😑Alamelu completely lost the plot. Really wanted to slap her for telling lies...she wanted to hit Rajesh? HAHAHAHAHA...podi! (Where's Shenba's father though? It would be great if he comes there and yells at his wife and brother-in-law). At the end of the day, Kali is ruthless. I doubt any parent would overlook their child in favour of their niece...but this is Kali, huh?? Alamelu was nuts! Eppa avalakku oru padam kattekoodaka poringe? Anyway, are we going to see Sree Devi on screen again

2. Very emotional scene in Bhoomi's office. Poor Thenu - when are we going to see her naughty self again? When are we going to laugh again? Cry cry cry. I hope Bhoomi goes back to the house because he's been in the office far too long. Storykku oru mudivu podunga pa. ;) Lovely interchange between Rani and Bhoomi.

3. I can't stand Swamy now. He is so ungrateful. On one hand, he says that what his anni did was for their own good. But the other hand he blames her for being the indecisive spineless squid (kanavai) he is. He really is a blardy idiot. Vani just asked the guy to help him not to give him charity. The stupid fool does not realise that he was given an opportunity. How he uses that opportunity is up to him. Aaarggghhh!! I wanted to slap him especially when I saw that angry look on his face. I clapped when he calls Point and hears the bad news, Unnaku vendiyathu than. Prithvee's look of shock was priceless. :D Neenga ellam too much ooo. I said stop Sara and Samy crying and you stopped, all right...and made both of them unpleasant characters. Ayooo. Hahaha.πŸ˜†
Karthikka thumbnail
My review
Episode 206
Monday 11.11.2013

This song is for Swamy
Nallavarukellam Satchigal rendu onru manasaatchi
Onru deivathin saatchiyamma

Nambikkai veithu kallayum paarthaal deivathin kaatchiamma
Athuthaan ullathin kaatchiamma
Athuthaan unmaikkum saatchiamma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGAeoj0z1sc

Swamy, you have manasaatchi?

1. I think Swamy's behaviour is totally unacceptable today. He has gone from one extreme to another -whatever excuse he may have had for treating Vani the way he did, it was totally unacceptable.😑 He was rude, insulting and had a very twisted way of thinking. All the blame he put at her feet for Selvi's marriage was nonsense! 🀒 Both he and Rani were selfish, disregarding Selvi's feelings and supporting Bhoominathan. Wasn't Swamy selfish because he gave in to Bhoomi's emotional blackmail? Whatever issues he may have had with Vani, he should have done it in private, not in front of Kali who was gloating away, and not in front of the inspector who was clearly embarrassed. Seriously, what an insult for him to say that Kali is not responsible for Selvi's situation but Vani was. When Vani came out with that solution for Selvi and Rajesh, I really thought it was the best solution that anyone could make - she was being fair and reasonable, respecting the wishes of the young people and at the same time giving them time to think and weigh their decision...and I was furious when he said that she increased the pagai with Kali by putting him in prison. Otherwise Kali would have treated Selvi better?? Which world is he living in?? And what kind of idiotic father would say that if he can't get his daughter out, he'll consider it as her vithi. Rubbish!! Being held in remand has serious implications on so many levels, including on her chances to be employed or even do her further studies. πŸ˜²

2. The scene in the temple was just fantastic. Prithivee was superb. I really could see and feel the sadness, the agony and pain in each of your facial expressions and the tone of your voice. Truly I have never seen your talents being utilised in this manner. Congrats bro. I still think Swamy is an idiot and you did the job of portraying the idiot very well.πŸ˜†

3. I like Vicky Krish's character. We have soft good guys, bad rough guys but we dont have rough good guys. I think that at some point Gautham's character should be given a plot of his own so that Vicky can also show his acting skills like the others have done thus far.

3. Ayooo, Anaconda paati...why do Tamil women like to say petta vayiru erinju soluren? Alamelu said it and now this witch. Antha ashramathil irunthu antha pombalai ya koopidingaleh...what's her name? Girija? This time please ask her to do the job properly. I think I want to go back and see that episode. I felt bad at laughing then but now I think I will laugh harder. Vani should lambast her - enna mariyathai intha kilavi kku??

Thank you. P/S I also appreciate that the "comment pending approval" obstacle has been removed in youtube. πŸ‘
Karthikka thumbnail
My review
Episode 207

Apologies but sometimes my reviews will be short because of time constraint.

1. In my view, Vani Rani is fast becoming a thinking person's serial. This means that the dialogues and the scenes make us think and ponder and ask questions. To me that is interesting because other serials just do mokka stories. Please keep it up and well done team - it is something I did not expect.

2. Highlights - Bhoomi's reunion with his sons - really touching. Expressions of all three were brilliant. Once again, Venu excelled - his dialogues, expressions were fantastic. Especially his reaction to the news about Selvi.Director sir, if after all this, you show that Bhoomi has not changed, then the story would become unbelievable. You have put in too much effort, time and scenes to show Bhoomi is a changed person. Have you all ever read the Sidney Sheldon's novel "The Naked Face"? He says that all human beings have different facial expressions to show different emotions. And even though we may pretend, and we may succeed in pretending 99% of the time, there will be a time when the mask slips, and we show our naked face, i.e. our true character. So far we haven't seen Bhoomi showing that...unlike the previous time when he tells his mother that his apology was faked. Oh, I have requests from Vicky's fans: please give Vicky a story line just for him. They want a romantic story. Hahaha.

2. Nice touches. Intha chinna chinna twists engallukku rombha pidichirikku. The first - whilst Anaconda is behaving in her usual, insulting witchy manner, I was wondering why Vani was not saying anything...but I just loved the way you handled the situation, i.e. making Bhoomi coming back at that time, answering Anaconda's insults himself without realising it, talking about Rani which would have caused heartburn for Anaconda...I was clapping. Loved Surya's natkal comments, funny and cheeky. Did I feel sorry when Anaconda walked out and none of the family members said anything?? Nooo.

3. The second nice touch - getting Gowtham to ask whether his father had eaten. Gowtham may be rough and tough but he has a heart of gold...and to have him ask the question and not Surya was a touch of genius. Wonderful scene of father and sons with Vani in the balcony - also tearing up. Tissue time again.

3. Another touch of genius - Rani and Samy scene. Rani is really a unique character. By making her confess first, Samy was put in a spot. He had his own secret and like he rightfully said, he could not scold Rani. Prithivee's change in facial expressions as he hears Rani's story was priceless - from anger to frustration to acceptance. Very well done.

4. Anaconda Sr and Jr scene was I think another clever piece of work. Basically the conversation between them on Bhoomi is a reflection of a debate that is going on between Vani Rani fans in the Internet? Has Bhoomi changed? Or is he acting? Personally, I feel he has changed. He knows what it feels like to be ignored, isolated, alone, treated with disrespect and contempt. He has experienced hurt, humiliation, embarrassment and loneliness. And then the scene with his sons. No one can fake that.

Good work, team. I am going to do 208, 209 and 210 reviews together as the episodes have a continuing story line which is the bail application.   
Karthikka thumbnail
Episode 208

Quite a few things about this episode had me nod my head in satisfaction.

1. The meeting with the lawyer in his office and the court room scenes were realistic. I was pleasantly surprised that the lawyer had law reports in his showcase. πŸ˜† nejamalae avar oru vakil than unlike M.S. Bhaskar's character in Sivakasi. His questions and comments were done in a professional manner. But I can assure you no lawyer's desk would look so neat and tidy. There is a saying that goes "A clean desk is the sign of an empty mind". Hahaha. Oru lawyer oda table neat ah iruntha avanukku velai ille endru oru belief. Paruvale, for tv ithu ellam accept pannalam.

2. Antha red building ethane padathile yum and serialiyum parthu irrupen. I must come to Chennai and visit it...it looks like that it is a Chennai landmark. The court room scenes were believable. I was so worried that they might come out of a T.Rajendar movie...sorry, I know he is a megastar in Tamil Nadu but as far as I am concerned he is overestimated and is an intelligence challenged individual and my opinion of him has worsened since I saw his antics in Super Kudumbam . Thanga mudiyile pa. With due respect. So thank you so much for doing it well. Application for bail can be refused on three grounds - possible interference with evidence, possible interference with witnesses and absconding i.e. running away from justice. The judge refused bail on first two grounds, which is commendable. Whoever who advised you on how a remand application hearing should be conducted did a good job. I was really happy. Some people would have been bored, but it is a nice build up to the next episode.

3. Ithu kolai ya, tharkolai ya twist was excellent. We were discussing this and again, the mystery was quickly solved in the following episode. Like everyone else, I suspected that the doctor was behind the report and it was probably fabricated. But there were doubts - maybe it could be murder.

4. Only Manickam-Karthick-Poongodi story was a speed breaker. I wasn't really interested. But Mekala - Veena - was the star. Her expressions were good, happiness, fear and worry without any dialogue and the way she reacts after Manikam tells her that he wants Karthick to marry Poongodi. In a matter of seconds, her facial expressions show the viewer the conflict of emotions that she is going through.

Glad the story is not being dragged. 

Karthikka thumbnail
My work for VR Reviews