Page 6 Page 6

shweta2728

IF-Dazzler

shweta2728

Posted: 30 October 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Littles12_

Originally posted by shweta2728

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">what up! any incident such as this happen again!LOL
</font>

Not yet...haven't had a substitute teacher in a while... LOL

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">hhahahah! i did!</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">this bald headed dude was like zaynaib!LOLLOL</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">i was like last time i checked there was no y in zainab!LOLLOL</font>

This guy apparently thought that there was a "l" in my name so he called me shwayla...then he realized he forgot to cross his 't' and he was like...ohh...Shweta! I thought he had a lisp or something at first LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..Zainab..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Change your name! (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

EverEnigmatic

Groupbie

EverEnigmatic

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 4:44am | IP Logged
I feel u did a right thing. There is no need to change anyone's name because someone can't pronounce.
Even though mine is a common name and I always feel that it should have been little different I never think of changing it. We grew with that name

Believe or not it is the first step of our identity. Even in the toddler stage we respond to our name. Then why change it after growing.

It's like the saying goes - the more the people are educated, the more irritational they are becoming, if the person feels he/she should change then yes they can change

shweta2728

S.Stephy

IF-Dazzler

S.Stephy

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 10:24am | IP Logged
My name isn't exactly a typical Indian name (and it isn't western either). Its just different and uncommon. And whether in India or outside, people sometimes find it difficult to remember my name or pronounce it right. I sometimes find it tedious when I have to repeat my name for someone but I wouldn't want to change it. I really like my name and it feels nice to have an uncommon name.

shweta2728

anon.

IF-Rockerz

anon.

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Definitely not, I'm proud of my Indian name! Approve

I live in the UK and my name which is the most popular Indian name out there, yet people still get it wrong (verbally and written), get really irritated when that happens but I will never change it as with an Indian name, you still feel connected with your culture esp if your living abroad. Even when I have children, I'm def giving them a traditional yet modern Indian name that is easy to pronounce, I want them to know that they are INDIAN! I know so many young Indian couples who's given English names to their kids cos it'll be easy to pronounce.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shweta2728-Pj-

..Zainab..

IF-Sizzlerz

..Zainab..

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 2:07pm | IP Logged

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">what up! any incident such as this happen again!LOL
</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">this bald headed dude was like zaynaib!LOLLOL</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">i was like last time i checked there was no y in zainab!LOLLOL</font>

This guy apparently thought that there was a "l" in my name so he called me shwayla...then he realized he forgot to cross his 't' and he was like...ohh...Shweta! I thought he had a lisp or something at first LOL

ROFL ROFL

Five minutes later

ROFL ROFL

I laughed so hard my checks hurt now! LOL
my friend was starring at me like i have five heads!
thats really funny 
well this guy thought i had a d in Zainab and called me Zananada
i was like W*F LOL
the story of our lives!

shweta2728

shweta2728

IF-Dazzler

shweta2728

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 5:35pm | IP Logged

</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">ROFL ROFL</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Five minutes later</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">I laughed so hard my checks hurt now! LOL</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">my friend was starring at me like i have five heads!</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">thats really funny</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">well this guy thought i had a d in Zainab and called me Zananada</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">i was like W*F LOL</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">the story of our lives!</font>

Zanada? That sounds like a country lol! There's a Serbian foreign exchange student in my school and people were asking him if Serbia was in Africa and some thought he was from Syria instead of Serbia cuz they sound alike. His expression was so funny! He must think Americans are so dumb lol! Not all are though! Lol you laughed that long?? Haha you succeeded to freak out your friend lol.

..Zainab..

..Zainab..

IF-Sizzlerz

..Zainab..

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 6:43pm | IP Logged

</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Five minutes later</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">I laughed so hard my checks hurt now! LOL</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">my friend was starring at me like i have five heads!</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">thats really funny</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">well this guy thought i had a d in Zainab and called me Zananada</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">i was like W*F LOL</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">the story of our lives!</font>

Zanada? That sounds like a country lol! There's a Serbian foreign exchange student in my school and people were asking him if Serbia was in Africa and some thought he was from Syria instead of Serbia cuz they sound alike. His expression was so funny! He must think Americans are so dumb lol! Not all are though! Lol you laughed that long?? Haha you succeeded to freak out your friend lol.

COuntry! ROFL 
OMFG! ROFL poor kid!  
he is probably like americans have five heads! LOL
even better listen to this! 
in my history class, my teacher was going over Islamic spread of religion 
right so u know how muslims are what u call the people who follow Islam and Islam is the religion
so this stupid kid raises his hand and goes like so Muslim is the religion and Islam are the people ROFL
my teacher shook his head and legit quiet for more than five people! LOL
it was like the funniest moment in my life! FYI im laughing right now tell u this story! LOL
yea its okay my friend knows im nuts! 

Edited by _Littles12_ - 01 November 2013 at 6:43pm

shweta2728

shweta2728

IF-Dazzler

shweta2728

Posted: 01 November 2013 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
@Zainab

Omg haha! Americans suck at geography and history! This kid asked me if I spoke "Indian" and I told him that wasn't a language so he started arguing with me...then I had to explain him that Hindi is a language and Indian are the people.

Oh you've gotta watch this! Miss Teen America from a long time ago was asked a question and her answer is absurd...nobody had a clue what she was talking about lol.

..Zainab..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top