Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

Desigirl_21

Coolbie

Desigirl_21

Posted: 16 October 2013 at 4:40am | IP Logged
It's really a good thing that you did not conform and try to,change ur name..it's a very common thing nowadays I have heard so many cases where people change their names so that their friends can pronounce it properly...in my opinion changing the name is not the best option telling ur friends that my name is spelled or pronounced like this is good I have been through this I live in an Arab country and the way they say my name is different but now I have got used to it and try and explain them the correct way of saying..
P.S. nice topic Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shweta2728

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Change your name! (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 16 October 2013 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Well, Shweta, I wouldn't have to go as far as the States to understand your predicament. My name is Kankshita and everybody from my neighbors to teachers to classmates to strangers have different versions of my name. They all pronounce it differently. Some call me Kankshika, others Kanshita and others don't stretch the first 'a' as long as it's supposed to. And I have been advised by a fair few to change it too, and give them a nick name with which to call me because my name is difficult to pronounce, too long to remember. But it's my name, right? I ain't changing it for anybody. Forget name, I don't think I'd even change my surname when I am married or something. No, Sir. Stern Smile

If you leave it on people, they'd want you to change pretty much everything about you. Just the other day, I was waiting at the bus stop for my school bus and an old lady comes and tells me that the mole right above my upper-lip looks ugly and I should get it removed 'bura mat maanna, badi pyaari ladki ho' (don't mind, you're a lovely girl, aren't you?) and it was one part humiliating, two parts funny and one part thought provoking. The thought at the end really was on the lines 'go to hell, you old hag' but the point is, if I give in, they'll take my ugly/beautiful mole, my name and who knows what else?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

peridot.Desigirl_21shweta2728

maha2us

IF-Dazzler

maha2us

Posted: 17 October 2013 at 12:06am | IP Logged
You did well, Kankshita. That old lady deserves just a blow. Someone who just pokes the nose at others. Your resolve is good one. There is no need for changing one's own individuality for others. There are really so many people who have a lot in their own plate, but just look into the plate of others. They deserve to be ignored.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shweta2728epiphany.

_Littles12_

IF-Sizzlerz

_Littles12_

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Seriously!
Why would you even think that?
I live in the US as well! and sweetheart mine name is Zainab!
way harder than yours! I prounounce it Zain-nab!
Half the people i know call me Z!
be proud of your name! 

shweta2728

IF-Dazzler

shweta2728

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Littles12_

Seriously!
be proud of your name!

Oh I think you misunderstood. I'm proud of my name. I was just sharing my experience about what a person said to me and how I told him off. I love my name, someone really special to me, named me.

_Littles12_

IF-Sizzlerz

_Littles12_

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shweta2728

Seriously!
be proud of your name!

Oh I think you misunderstood. I'm proud of my name. I was just sharing my experience about what a person said to me and how I told him off. I love my name, someone really special to me, named me.

Oh okay! sorry! I had a person who added d's in my name!LOLLOL

shweta2728

shweta2728

IF-Dazzler

shweta2728

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 2:22pm | IP Logged

Seriously!
be proud of your name!

A 'D'? Lol...people are just...but they can pronounce stuff like seirzputouski or other looong names... LOL

_Littles12_

_Littles12_

IF-Sizzlerz

_Littles12_

Posted: 26 October 2013 at 2:23pm | IP Logged

Seriously!
be proud of your name!

A 'D'? Lol...people are just...but they can pronounce stuff like seirzputouski or other looong names... LOL

lmfao ikr! Im just like yea thats me! when my Profesors in college take attendance i just know when they are about to say my name because they just stare at it! and im just like im here! and there like are you Z-a-i...i was like yes! people are too much

shweta2728

Post Reply New Post

Go to top