.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 4:31am | IP Logged

Tendulkar to retire after 200th Test

ESPNcricinfo staff

October 10, 2013

Comments: 243 | Login via  | Text size: A | A

Sachin Tendulkar raises his helmet after reaching 15,000 Test runs, India v West Indies, 1st Test, New Delhi, 3rd day, November 8, 2011
Sachin Tendulkar: "All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for India. I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years."  Associated Press 
Enlarge
Related Links
The Stands : Sachin Tendulkar announces retirement
Players/Officials: Sachin Tendulkar
Teams: India

Sachin Tendulkar will bring an end to his 24-year international career after he plays his 200th Test, which is scheduled to be during the home series against West Indies in November.

"All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for India. I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years," Tendulkar said in a BCCI statement on Wednesday afternoon. "It's hard for me to imagine a life without playing cricket because it's all I have ever done since I was 11 years old. It's been a huge honour to have represented my country and played all over the world. I look forward to playing my 200th Test match on home soil, as I call it a day.

"I thank the BCCI for everything over the years and for permitting me to move on when my heart feels it's time. I thank my family for their patience and understanding. Most of all, I thank my fans and well-wishers who through their prayers and wishes have given me the strength to go out and perform at my best."

N Srinivasan, the BCCI president, said in a tribute that it was hard to imagine an Indian team without Tendulkar. "I have been an ardent follower and admirer of Sachin Tendulkar from the days he came to play Buchi Babu in Chennai. He is without doubt the greatest cricketer India has produced. In fact one should really say he ranks among the top of all-time great sports persons in the world. No one has served Indian cricket as Sachin has. He has truly been an ambassador for India and Indian Cricket. He has been an inspiration for generations of sportsmen not just cricketers. We respect his decision to retire although many of us can't imagine an Indian team without Sachin."

Tendulkar's retirement had been the matter of much speculation. He had wound down his career in phases, announcing his retirement from ODIs in late December 2012, and with the BCCI shoehorning a home series against West Indies before the controversy-hit tour to South Africa, it had seemed an apt moment for a home farewell.

The 200th Test will be the last of many milestones in Tendulkar's career. No cricketer has played so many. He also owns the records for most runs and centuries in both Test and one-day cricket.

Edited by .Vrish. - 11 October 2013 at 4:32am

The following 39 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanaamit1944SeductivePrincesudhaipkMissPunjabiSmartangelPoojaMishtyVersatileStarshreya09KhotaSikaShreya.Farzi.LeadNitratechristiandior.-Shani-NalayakShaitaan-Sachinist-Prim_123Amit.Ghangasshayranahui.kaatayanijyoti06suj01sscomp32debasree04liza81Deedeepa1Proud-India--Jenelle--Deepzpadukone_keertu_santhiyaa_JSaiS-Enjoyurself-.SanVi.-Eris--wintergreen-riti4u-Orchid--chrys-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sachin Tendulkar to retire after 200th Test" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 10:13am | IP Logged
An era comes to end with his retirement. I will miss the little master. 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

amit1944-Inferno-VersatileStar.Farzi.ILovePrembezubaan.LangdaTyagi.Vrish.debasree04-Enjoyurself-

.Farzi.

Viewbie

.Farzi.

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Cricket won't be the same without Sachin Tendulkar, the living legend of Cricket. So proud to have been a follower and ardent fan of the teams he played for- India as a country and Mumbai Indians in the IPL.

May God Bless Sachin in all his future projects and endeavors :)

Edited by BalamPichkaari - 11 October 2013 at 10:15am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

amit1944SmartangelVersatileStardebasree04-Enjoyurself-Nikki_Titli

zoharocks

IF-Dazzler

zoharocks

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 10:20am | IP Logged
thank god for that no offence to him but he was eating the place of other youngsters and the worst part is india coz of him shifted the match from south africa to west indies in his home ground..that just makes me feel pathetic.just that he performs well all this non sense...Thumbs Down

-wintergreen-

IF-Stunnerz

-wintergreen-

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Really an end of an era ! Ouch Really going to miss seeing the Little Master on field again. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

amit1944VersatileStar-Enjoyurself-

milindms

Goldie

milindms

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 10:27am | IP Logged
wonderful human being.

Hats off to Sachin Tendulkar.

--Jenelle--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Jenelle--

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 10:27am | IP Logged
i am really going to miss the master on the cricket field...
hats of to you Sachin on an outstanding career..ClapStarHand Clapping animated emoticon

taarey_vrimar

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 11 October 2013 at 10:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Enjoyurself-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top