Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir

India-Forums

Best portrayal of girl's dad ever!! (Page 2)

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 10 October 2013 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Siri22

Well I'm not sure I agree.
Trusting is different from blindly trusting.

And he is blindly trusting Aastha and we have seen Aasthat is not capable of sound judgement. The way she's falling head over heels with a guy who's not even pretending to be nice.Shocked She sure has a twisted meaning of love.

So ya not impressed with the father. Her mom's worried sure but the very next day they're behaving like normal which is very abnormal. I'm a mom and have a daughter and I would never sleep a wink until I get tot he bottom of this which Aastha's parents didn't do.
I understand your concern.  But, Astha is not a child anymore and she is an adult.  Hounding her to tell or even banning her from doing her job will not really help anyone.  They need to be there for her ..because,whether they like it or not, this is Astha's battle.  She needs to confront it.  Her parents cannot really do much for her right now.    I don't think they blindly trust her.  They obviously know that things are not perfect..but they are giving Astha the chance to sort it out herself..rather than doubting her.   Anyway, just my opinion...let's see how their characters also evolve in the future.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JayneSofna

Siri22 IF-Dazzler
Siri22
Siri22

Posted: 10 October 2013 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Falciparum

And he is blindly trusting Aastha and we have seen Aasthat is not capable of sound judgement. The way she's falling head over heels with a guy who's not even pretending to be nice.Shocked She sure has a twisted meaning of love.

So ya not impressed with the father. Her mom's worried sure but the very next day they're behaving like normal which is very abnormal. I'm a mom and have a daughter and I would never sleep a wink until I get tot he bottom of this which Aastha's parents didn't do.
I understand your concern.  But, Astha is not a child anymore and she is an adult.  Hounding her to tell or even banning her from doing her job will not really help anyone.  They need to be there for her ..because,whether they like it or not, this is Astha's battle.  She needs to confront it.  Her parents cannot really do much for her right now.    I don't think they blindly trust her.  They obviously know that things are not perfect..but they are giving Astha the chance to sort it out herself..rather than doubting her.   Anyway, just my opinion...let's see how their characters also evolve in the future.

Sure Aastha is an adult abut an immature one as we can clearly see. Twice the mom saw aastha literally in Shlok's arms and her mom is behaving as if it's a daily thing. Well I'm just talking from a mom's perspective. We have seen the dad giving too much leeway for her although not sure why he has such blind trust cos Aastha always seem to be getting into trouble. . I'm just saying I would have behaved differently cos I also have a daughter and I don't mean hounding her to get info. There are subtle ways of doing it. The cv's missed an opportunity showing the mom-daughter or dad-daughter relationship.

Anyways I expected something else from this show and disappointed to see the female lead so weak. Aree yaar show females giving it back na atleast in fiction.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jayne

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 10 October 2013 at 4:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Falciparum

Sure Aastha is an adult abut an immature one as we can clearly see. Twice the mom saw aastha literally in Shlok's arms and her mom is behaving as if it's a daily thing. Well I'm just talking from a mom's perspective. We have seen the dad giving too much leeway for her although not sure why he has such blind trust cos Aastha always seem to be getting into trouble. . I'm just saying I would have behaved differently cos I also have a daughter and I don't mean hounding her to get info. There are subtle ways of doing it. The cv's missed an opportunity showing the mom-daughter or dad-daughter relationship.

Anyways I expected something else from this show and disappointed to see the female lead so weak. Aree yaar show females giving it back na atleast in fiction.

Ok., curious now! What do you think they should have done?
dsr11 IF-Rockerz
dsr11
dsr11

Posted: 10 October 2013 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
when you have an adult daughter, you don't take decisions on her behalf. you let her make her decisions and be there for her if she needs you. you can always give your advise to your daughters but you should not force your opinions down their throat. thus far i think aastha's parents are perfect.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Falciparum

Go to top