Page   of 23
Page 2 Page 23

DeviatedTesoro.

Viewbie

DeviatedTesoro.

Reliable CC Captain, BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 10 October 2013 at 8:57am | IP Logged

http://i.minus.com/iyvSXPWi4PpmN.gif

Eid-ul-Adha is the second most important festival for the Muslims. It is also referred to as the "Festival of Sacrifice" or the "Greater Eid." Eid is celebrated to remember the willingness of Prophet Ibrahim to sacrifice his own offspring, Ismail. Prophet Ibrahim had been all prepared to sacrifice his son when Allah intervened and instead told him that his sacrifice has been received and replaced Prophet Ismail with a lamb to sacrifice. Till this day, Muslims all around the world sacrifice lambs, goats, sheep, camels in remembrance of this great day.

http://i.minus.com/ib18kupnubW2Ub.gif

Eid-ul-Adha falls on the 10th day of Dhu-al-Hijjah. The end of Eid-ul-Adha is at the sunset of the 13th day of Dhu-al-Hijjah.

http://i.minus.com/ibetEu4pFqliv4.gif

Hajj is the pilgrimage from Madinah to Makkah, Saudi Arabia. It is the fifth pillar of Islam and is to be completed by all those Muslim beings who can afford it. Every year, around 2 million Muslims from all over the world visit Makkah in hopes of completing Hajj.

All the pilgrims stand in front of the Ka'bah, a cuboid structure in Makkah built by Ibrahim to praise Allah together. The pilgrims are to wear only white; men have two pieces of cloth which aren't stitched to cover their body while women wear either white or lighter coloured clothes to cover their bodies. This is to ensure the brotherhood and sisterhood in Islam and how everyone is equal.

During the Hajj, Muslims are given a chance to think what their main purpose in life is all about. And also to renew their faith.

http://i.minus.com/ivZZZLvV10K0k.gif

Around the world, Eid begins with the Eid Prayers offered in the Masjid after the sun has fully risen and before Zuhr is to take place.

Celebrations are such that the children and women dress in their finest clothes while the men may be out for Eid Prayers. The Muslims who can afford the sacrifice then move towards a ground where they may sacrifice what they had bought (i.e; sheep, cow, camel, goat)

Once the sacrifice also known as the "Qurbaani" is completed, then the meat is to be divided into three shares; the first belonging to the family. The second share is to be given to the neighbours, friends and relatives who couldn't afford the sacrifice. And the last being the biggest is to be shared with the poor and the needy.

The Crazy Creatives hope that everyone around the world celebrating this festival, have a safe one and all those pilgrims gone to complete their Hajj duties have a safe trip as well.

Hajj and Eid-ul-Adha Mubarak!

http://i.minus.com/iblQsxeBvJDVcz.gif

Credits:

Yuvika_15
Angel-Jot.
18shabbo
-.Preet.-
SilentPromises

http://i.minus.com/ihlZqj22MzsJ0.gif

The following 145 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanaillustrious**TARAJhubeshanijhumraatriAnyanikkaliahaysekarrar94vampirerockscupcakemeowIKEAwizardNaz_munshiSweet_angle12mads8876Yoyo-freeanufawadfanmoomirukhsana1995RAYAFAN2vm17suzygirlLoveagain-Sweety--Sania-ARHIFAIRYTALEAleesha7777princess_farhBristylovemouni-Have.a.dream-Asharkibiwi-FrozenRain-munnihyderabadSpunkyTigresscutegirl94Alisha-2887QueenAnnie18Hina69Shona_MayurTVD-IANcrazy-Rambler-ryukieneerkhan88Samilicious..._SudiptA_.arshisarun123-Ivy-Aabish_02.Muskhaan.Angel-Jot.Yuvika_15-RD-christiandior.hopper_oceansamin6Drashti13sana50metoyouPayaDesire95LavleenaSToobaHarshitisophie420arshisfanluv_virman.BumbleBee.-Hanaa-Sweety1234556Malika.DuaAsya_KaJenKayAziwaJaveria3991Aisha1996HPHolic-3-JujuK--Iqra--Mysterygirl_me-SanzAngel--TheInstigator-reena544MsLusciousFullyFaltoo.kupkakeswin7Manoshono...Mallu...mehr05|Persephone|-Maha-CrazzyBusyOhmyjerryworldJenifer.-Aysha-Siddhi_Premeer_DiwaniHearts.FlowersYum_SRmijanurAASUSmaaniqrakahkashansakina.Antique_Piece.-Muskii-Catz.RangRasiyaZehnaseeb.MariaArHiholicBerryBlush07somergasm....navina.....Sofia..stg1Naz_nisarArshisarunrocksSaiS_Maggie_.Shree.-RK_Ki_Biwi--Dil-.SobtiLicious.AB_DaKriticizerMaaneetDeewangiMesmerizingSanzawidashumaila08-Hinaloveasya-honeybees22jtmbarun-SizzlingBarun-ttrocksashfaque2012-chamkilli-meglaraatx-affy-x-Anilaa-pyar-ishk-Araina-55shobhaHeavenlyBliss.Tarantallegra-Thabassum-ayishas-Orchid-HdhdRatiTheAngel.-DevilGal-vmpy.AnJaNa.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~|~ Eid-ul-Adha Mubarak ~|~" in meme4u.com forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

DeviatedTesoro.

Viewbie

DeviatedTesoro.

Reliable CC Captain, BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 12 October 2013 at 7:43am | IP Logged
http://i.minus.com/iRzJ0HsMGhG9O.gif

Yuvika_15

Just like our previous Eid, for this Eid too our preparations start much earlier on (i.e. buying new outfit and bangles etc.) We decide to send money for our Qurbani to Pakistan to my uncle and he performs our Qurbani along side his own. We do this because as per the norm, the meat should be split in three parts, one of which is for the poor and needy and lets face it, UK isn't really a poor country, hence we do our Qurbani in Pakistan so that more needy people are fed.
On Eid day, we all wake up early and start making the food, our main dishes include rice (brown and zarda), chicken and meat dish, kebabs and roast chicken and a sweet dish which is usually kheer. We have a bath/shower and put on new clothes before reading the Eid prayer. Here in the mosque there are usually 3 Eid prayer opportunities and the ladies are requested to join in the final one. We then come home and eat and later our other family and friends visit our house and later we go to their house.

18shabbo

Eid is a special day than any other day for my family as its the one day where we ensure we are all together (me, my parents and 2 elder brothers) This year, me and my brothers will be travelling to the US to be with my parents on this special festive day.
Our celebrations start by a goat being bought by my father a few days before Eid- this has been the case since childhood and we'd spend majority of the time pampering and talking to it.LOL while my mother is yelling at us to help her with the house chores.
The night before Eid, I apply henna on my hands as well as my mother's hands too and we both bully our brothers and my dad to iron our Eid clothes with the excuse that we can't do it ourselves because of the henna.
We wake up at 3.30am for the Tahajud and my mother starts to prepare the sweet dish (siviyaan). After this around 7am, one by one we all have a bath and get ready. My father and brothers visit the mosque for the Eid Prayer while I stay back to help my mother complete the food preparations and later we too join the Eid Prayer when preparation for women to pray has been made at the mosque.
Later, if the Butcher arrives before my father and brothers return from the mosque, my mother being a pathan doesn't wait for my father and gets the Qurbani done and I stand second in command.
The meat is divided in three in the names of the deceit , elders and the master of the manor as per the rituals and then the meat that is to be distributed to the poor is carried out by all the family and its something we cherish the most to be able to do something better and noble on a happy and noble day.
The rest of the day and the coming 2 days are spent in making delicious dishes which are shared among the family and other relatives when they visit our house.

DeviatedTesoro.

The first day of Eid on my end is insane. It starts super early at 7 AM while the men go out to the masjid for Eid Prayers, the ladies are to be ready and set to go as soon as the men are back. I also have 2 kids, so I get them ready and then I get ready, so by 8 AM everyone is ready. Then, as soon as the men come home from prayers, they get into their shorts and tees and go out for the whole Qurbaani to begin which btw is really tiring for me, because I have to literally hold my daughters back! Geek Then it's all about fun and cleaning up the meat. Oh and dividing it into smaller plastic bags which are then put in a huge tub and sent out for the guards to distribute to all the poor who come to the door to ask for meat. Apart from this, there is also this HUGE dinner which we host and the guest lists increases every year, so this time around we have about 80 people coming in for dinner. Such is Eid for me. The second and third day is meeting relatives. Oh and I also visit my own side of the family at noon-ish, so that's fun too!

http://i.minus.com/ibyGpVJqlnhxY7.gif

The following 84 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanaillustrious**hubeshavampirerocksanufawadfanSweet_angle12-Sweety-AmnaZaYa-Have.a.dream--FrozenRain-AsharkibiwiSpunkyTigressmunnihyderabadHina69._SudiptA_.neerkhan88ryukieSamilicious..Aabish_02.Muskhaan.Angel-Jot.-RD-christiandior.Yuvika_15metoyouDrashti13Malika.Duasamin6KayAziwaluv_virmanLavleenaSPayaDesire95ToobaHarshitiAisha1996theloupgaroux--Iqra---JujuKJaveria3991HPHolic-3FullyFaltoo.kupkakeswin7...Mallu...Shee_xaanreena544-SanzAngel-Mysterygirl_me|Persephone|-Aysha-Siddhi_CrazzyBusyOhmyjerryworldHearts.FlowersAASUSmaaniqrakahkashansakinaMariaArHiholicBerryBlush07.Antique_Piece.somergasm.Naz_nisarSaiSawidashumaila08-Hinaloveasya-honeybees22.Shree.-Dil-_Maggie_MesmerizingSanzashfaque2012-chamkilli--SizzlingBarun-meglaraatx-affy-x55shobha-Araina-Tarantallegra-Anilaa-pyar-ishkHeavenlyBliss.ayishas.SajnaVe.Hdhd

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Eid Mubarak to everyone who celebrates it Smile

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

vampirerocksARHIFAIRYTALESamilicious..Yuvika_15.BumbleBee.PayaDesire95Malika.DuaAisha1996Javeria3991honeybees22_Maggie_BerryBlush07CrazzyBusyOhmyjerryworld-SizzlingBarun-ashfaque2012ayishasHdhd.SajnaVe.-DevilGal-

honeybees22

IF-Sizzlerz

honeybees22

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Eid Mubrack to every muslim frnd here

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Hina69Samilicious..Yuvika_15Malika.Dua-SanzAngel-Aisha1996Javeria3991-Hinaloveasya-CrazzyBusyOhmyjerryworldBerryBlush07ayishasashfaque2012-SizzlingBarun-.SajnaVe.

Yuvika_15

Viewbie

Yuvika_15

Compassionate CC Captain

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Eid Mubarak to everyone on IF regardless of whether or not u celebrate it!

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Malika.DuaAisha1996Javeria3991honeybees22BerryBlush07CrazzyBusyOhmyjerryworldayishas-SizzlingBarun-.SajnaVe.

ttrocks

IF-Stunnerz

ttrocks

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Eid Mubarak everyone!!

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

TARAJMalika.DuaShee_xaanJaveria3991Aisha1996-Hinaloveasya-honeybees22CrazzyBusyBerryBlush07Ohmyjerryworld.SajnaVe.

PayaDesire95

IF-Dazzler

PayaDesire95

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Eid Mubarak everyone!! 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Malika.DuaJaveria3991Aisha1996-Hinaloveasya-BerryBlush07CrazzyBusyOhmyjerryworld.SajnaVe.

-FrozenRain-

Coolbie

-FrozenRain-

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Eid -ul-Adha  Mubarak to everyone.May Allah (s.w.t) accept our sacrifice and forgive all our sins..

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Shazad786TVD-IANcrazyMalika.DuaAisha1996Javeria3991-Hinaloveasya-BerryBlush07CrazzyBusyOhmyjerryworld.SajnaVe.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top