jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 09 November 2004 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Confused   I am confused...I don't understand...help me...if Meenakshi
only liked Purab and Purab didn't like her, then why the heck is
he reminising??? I would think there is no past for him
BECAUSE he did not like her and they were only friends...do I
need to step out of the modern day world back into the 1950s
so that I can get better grasp of the story???

In MY modern day world, I would consider Purab to have a past
in the following situations 1) they dated and never got married
or 2) he liked her and she didn't like him 3) they were married
and now divorced. Currently, I think only Ms. Meenakshi has a
a past loving Purab and being married. I don't even consider
Jassi to have a past because she wasn't in an actual
relationship except maybe with herself. Did I miss
something???

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 09 November 2004 at 10:37am | IP Logged
nope , you didn't jprasad...this is a question for the writers, on face value neither purab(he was being a good friend not a lover to meenakshi) nor jassi(having a crush/ one sided love) have a past. but as usual the directors have complicated the story, actually apart from armaan(very wild meaningless past)and pari(she is a divorcee), no one on the show has had any full fledged relationships that would /should impact thier present.
giaa Senior Member
giaa
giaa

Posted: 09 November 2004 at 11:03am | IP Logged
hi,
My perspective is that you don't have to have an actual relationship to have a "past" it is more a matter of being emotional vested with some one whether that someone is your boss, friend, lover or an infactuation. ...that's what the implication is here.  What say?
Wink
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 09 November 2004 at 11:37am | IP Logged

I can still understand Jassi saying 'Armaan is her past'because at one point of time she acknowledged her love for him to herself,wrote a diary about it etc etc.

But Purab's expaination is a little weird.First says Meenakshi is just his friend and nothing more and she loved him but he didn't.Then next we find out they drove all night to see a sunset ( a friendship little too deep for my comfort),and then he takes out a box full of stones he is carrying around everywhere it seems for God knows what reason and has a sololoque about Meenkshi being his past and Jassi being his present and then worries why she has come now and so on!

A reaction bit too extreme for just a friend from long past,don't you think?Wacko

manimau Senior Member
manimau
manimau

Posted: 09 November 2004 at 11:55am | IP Logged

Well... Purab never said that Meenakshi is his past... It's Jassi who refers Meenakshi as Purab's past...

Driving all night to see the sunset, I personally think that two (just) friends can do that...... If you are good buddies, it does not matter if you are driving with just one friend or a group..... You need not be in love to see the sunset together..... Also you need not be in love with your friend to carry your friend's things with you..... I don't see any problem with it.....

Purab is worried because Meenakshi's entry made Jassi freak out..... professionally - remember main sagaai nahi karoongi for the bid sake thing and personally - Meenakshi hugging Purab and Jassi getting upset for that......

If Jassi would have let Purab finish his talk as to why he is not bidding, she would have known earlier about Meenakshi being VERY good friend of Purab in his 'past'!!!

BTW did you all notice Jassi getting worried about Purab's past- she was so surprised/shocked to come to reality that yes, Purab had and has life besides Jassi..... This shows how much importance she gives Purab himself.... I guess she only assumes him as her chauffer....

Edited by manimau - 09 November 2004 at 11:56am
pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 09 November 2004 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

I can still understand Jassi saying 'Armaan is her past'because at one point of time she acknowledged her love for him to herself,wrote a diary about it etc etc.

But Purab's expaination is a little weird.First says Meenakshi is just his friend and nothing more and she loved him but he didn't.Then next we find out they drove all night to see a sunset ( a friendship little too deep for my comfort),and then he takes out a box full of stones he is carrying around everywhere it seems for God knows what reason and has a sololoque about Meenkshi being his past and Jassi being his present and then worries why she has come now and so on!

A reaction bit too extreme for just a friend from long past,don't you think?Wacko

driving all night to see sunset,is discomforting but not very unlikely. as for box of stones, purab says he did not even remember he had them(though how the found thier way from delhi to bombay is a mystery).as for worrying, i think there was more to the story(part that was muted out). maybe meena tried to force a proposal from purab and things got sour....lots of possibilities...but the good news is jassi knows it all now.

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 09 November 2004 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Ok. Everyone has good points and I agree with everyone.   
You can dedicate a year long serial on the bloopers of JJKN.

Now can someone feed this information into T&Ds head so that
we can get a clearer story??      Confused
allegra Senior Member
allegra
allegra

Posted: 09 November 2004 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
To Minnie, Manimau, and Pj:
I don't understand why you are debating whether it is ok for Purab and Meenakshi as "just friends" to have their all night driving trip together. No, it does not make sense for them to drive all night together to see the sunset, regardless of what their relationship was. After all, if you drive after the sun has already set (it's night, duh!) then wouldn't you expect to see sunrise?

Go to top