Debate Mansion

Taj Mahal: A Fine Example of What? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 6

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 6

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Taj Mahal: A Fine Example of What? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 06 September 2009 at 3:50am | IP Logged
The taj is a fine example of Human greed even when done out of luv there is selfish motive that no one else shud surpass ones deeds LOL

glamritz

Goldie

glamritz

Posted: 06 September 2009 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Oh erm .. nice topic. well from what I heard before .. Taj mahal was a Shiva temple till Shahjahan desecrated the "Tejomahalay" from Jaipur's Maharaja Jaisigh... There was a book by historian Shri P N OAK "Taj Mahal the true story" which was apparently banned by the Congress Gov of India..

I think I have the link to the site  which my friend forwarded to me : http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/tejo.html
The site roughly has interesting facts regarding TM..  Just for ur interest and read.

It basically explains that the whole lovestory between Shahjahan and Mumtaz - its all a myth and a political agenda to maintain peace n vote banks. I do not know how true this is - these are NOT my words .. but what i've heard is that ..  Shah Jahan had a harem of 5000 women and he also had a incestuous relationship with his daughter justifing it by saying, 'a gardner has every right to taste the fruit he has planted'!  Shahjahan was married to several other women before and after Mumtaz. So, apparently for him, she, therefore, deserved no special consideration in having a wonder mausoleum built for her.

Mumtaz died in Burhanpur which is about 600 miles from Agra. Her grave there is intact. Therefore, the centotaphs raised in stories of the Taj in her name seem to be fakes hiding in Hindu Shiva emblems.

I've no idea how true/fake it is - but take it with a pinch of salt.

Taj Mahal is a beautiful monument. Would always remain a symbol of love for me. We can't quite change wat happened in the past.. so lets juz move on ! Just have a read for fun !

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 September 2009 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
if you are in stiff on cash or have other problems,,, there are better ways to cope than plow down the Taj... how about a beer......LOL

Taj is a historical monument and worth its value...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top