Debate Mansion

Taj Mahal: A Fine Example of What? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

~Poonam~

IF-Sizzlerz

~Poonam~

Posted: 18 August 2006 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Great topic Jprasad. Well I dont know whether I could add something interesting to the debate but here are some of my views...

Taj Mahal ... One of the seven wonders of the World!

Taj Mahal often referred to as symbol of eternal Love, a tribute to Beauty and what not.

I am sure many women would be more then happy to get such Loving, Passionate, and Rich Husband. LOL I am sure many husband do hear the same comment from their accompanying wife that "See Shah Jahan loved his wife SOOO (emphasize and drag "so") MUCH that even when she died he made the grandest mausoleum in her memory" Embarrassed

But the real question is that was it worth it and that is the real debate issue here:

a) Taj Mahal basically one of the Grandest and the Costliest Palace built in history beside the Pyramids. The total cost of Building the Taj Mahal is estimated to be 50 Million Rupee in those time. It is also said that Shah Jahan got the hands chopped of all the main architects and sculptors who worked on Taj Mahal so that they can never make any other such Grand and beautiful architecture.

b) Taj Mahal was was made by charging heavy taxes on the citizens for years just to build a grand mausoleum which was not going to do any good to the common people.

c) As I have read somewhere that even in the holy Quran it is written that the grave should be made with simplicity and without grandeur. So the premise of building it is faltered. More then love its more a product of an autocratic ruler vaunting his grandeur and delusive munificence to the world. No wonder Aurangjeb (practical person) put him in jail in the larger interest of his kingdom and to stop Saha Jahan doing all this stupidity at the expense of the common man.

On a side note I feel Aurangjeb was not a bad son else he would not have allowed him the view of Taj Mahal from his prison cell and neither would have buried Shah Jahan just beside Mumtaz's grave.

Now the modern time:

Taj Mahal surely attracts a lot of tourists to India and is a great revenue churner for Agra which lets estimate it to be 500 Million yearly.

If we do some simple maths and see if all this was really worth it:

If we compound 50 Million for 354 years @ 10% rate of interest per annum. Lets assume there is 100,000 is spent per month (calculating after it was finished) on its maintenance.

The Total Amount would be: 2,472,323,314,065,350,000,000. (something which cant be cashed LOL)

And all this for one woman! LOL

Some advice to some modern would be Shah Jahans

Din mein diya jalane se kya,
Raat mein diya bujhane se kya,
Ae Shah Jahan tujhe mumtaz nahi mil sakti,
Uski Kabr par Taj Mahal Banane Se Kya.

Now read this funny SMS:

Shah Jahan Ne Taj Mahal Ki Har Deewar Ko Dekha,
Har Meenar Ko Dekha, Har Kaleen Ko Dekha,
Har Khidki Se Dekha… Aur Bola…
Maa Kasam, Bahut Kharcha Ho Gaya !!! LOL

Cheers,
Vijay

P.S. Thanks for reading my long post and I hope you enjoyed it.

it was worth reading it

i enjoyed itBig smile
itz funny tooLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Taj Mahal: A Fine Example of What? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

buttercup

IF-Veteran Member

buttercup

Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Vijay i love tht sms.. LOL LOL ..its nice and funny .. enjoyed tho i didnt read it fully Embarrassed

lovelyprincesst

IF-Rockerz

lovelyprincesst

Posted: 19 August 2006 at 2:21am | IP Logged
wow.. wht a topic..

well actually i dont have anything to add in this debaate but i would like to share something

when i think og taj mahal i think of a man not a king..
a man who loved his wife so much tht he is the only one in the love history to remembered like this coz he made tajmahal for his wife n thts shows tht loves remain the same even after marriage..

and if they are talking abt distroying taj mahal thn its just talks it wont happen Tongue

zenvicky

zenvicky

Posted: 19 August 2006 at 3:57am | IP Logged
LOL where is Taj Mahal :)

amreen1409

IF-Dazzler

amreen1409

Posted: 19 August 2006 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Man's rapture upon his wife's death? lolz jk.. Wink

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

IF’s Creative Head

Posted: 19 August 2006 at 7:49am | IP Logged

I think a lot of you are under the wrong impression that Shah Jahan cut off all his builders hands.... No! In fact, he cut off only his chief-engineer/architect's hand, and that too, only his right hand....

I think you should get the point, that it wasn't as cruel as it seems to be. Wink

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 19 August 2006 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dazlingflower

Originally posted by jasunap

We have all heard how the Taj Mahal, which is considered one of the great wonders of the world, was built as the preeminent expression of a man's love for a wife. That it was built by emperor Shah Jahan in commemoration of his wife Mumtaz. However, in our continuous effort to get to the truth, we have recently acquired some very important documents and information. There is evidence that the Taj Mahal was never built by Shah Jahan. Some say the Taj Mahal pre-dates Shah Jahan by several centuries and was originally built as a Hindu or Vedic temple/palace complex. Shah Jahan merely acquired it from its previous owner, the Hindu King Jai Singh.

check it out in the following link

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/was_the_taj_mahal_a_vedic_templ e.htm

That couldn't be true because to my knowldge HIndu temples were not made in that style. Taj-Mahal has Middle east flavor to it..

please do check out the link where stephen knapps explains why historian think so, and why feel indian history is not right in this one aspect.

desi_chick05

IF-Dazzler

desi_chick05

Posted: 19 August 2006 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

The Total Amount would be: 2,472,323,314,065,350,000,000. (something which cant be cashed LOL)

And all this for one woman! LOL

Stern Smile omg wow!LOL
i think its was really romantic of himEmbarrassedConfused

i heard this joke na
this wife is like to her husband
dekho na shah jahan ne apne wife ke liye TAJ mahal banaya TAJ MAHAL
an hes like  haanji main bhi toh apke marne ka intezaar kar raha hoon phir...Tongue [or sumtin like thatConfused] hehe

Post Reply New Post

Go to top