DABH- The Issue of Gold

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

~DABH DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK~

Hello Guys n Girls Of Course

Sooo Here is the DOTW

I was like oh no im late eeekss..It was a long week for me and I totally forgot about everything..I don't even have a topic to discuss and im here late as ever trying to do a write up as quickly as possible. Lets discuss current affairs...sound boring?? Nah?? It actually isn't as boring as it sounds..

So current affairs in DABH is the gold issue.. What is the show trying to tell us? Are there warning us or scaring us??

Lets discuss about gold. I have never purchased any alone, and I really don't know anything about gold to be honest. All I know it's a piece of jewelry. Well it's a very good investment too. So now I came up to a conclusion lets discuss this jewelry incident.

Firstly; with tax issues and all getting a kacchi receipt was and is the most stupidess thing ever. I don't even know why Bhabo did such for in the first place. Like seriously??

Anyways here are my questions;

1.     Jewelry is an investment. Do you all think that these pieces were necessary for Chavi. I mean the bill was over 7 lakhs if I am correct. Do you think it is necessary?

2.     Would you ever go behind latest fashionable designs over your trustworthy person for a huge investment? I mean people thing a million times when they buy a small shirt. I found this jewelry thing to be very stupid

3.     Is there a way where an average individual can tell the difference of gold by looking at it. I don't know much but I know when jewelry is real. There is a different texture. What I don't understand is that Bhabo isn't dumb. They were real jewelry almost everyday how comes she don't know?

4.     Are there any precautions to take that DABH is missing out when making huge investments??

You all enjoy the discussions.. Please people come out and talk out your feelings..We know this forum is ever so welcoming.. Come with a free heart and talk out your feelings..even the little tiny silent members out there..I know there are many..Come on out please!!

You all discuss while I give my opinion on those questions

1.     Number 1, I don't live in India. I do not know how the tradition is out there and all. If I know that my parents cannot afford it I would never ask for it. And for something like jewelry that I know I have to wear forever I would trust my mother to get it for me. She knows whats going on and that would be enough for me. But Chavi isn't grateful, she is another selfish time so she cant understand this. For me one gold set would be more than enough.

2.     No I wouldn't. As I said before, I think a million times before I buy a top. Yes I check all over and all but at the end of the day im looking for quality. I shirt is a small cheap thing compared to jewelry, all im trying to say, is that if I think a million times to buy a shirt then hell yess I would think over the board with an investment. Trustworthy is a must in this case!

3.     That's a blooper than Bhabo cant tell, cause I can. At least I know Gold has this really nice texture and it is heavier compared to the other jewelry. I also know the earrings have this touch to it where you can tell if its real! There is a smell to gold too..dont wear jewelry so I don't know much.

4.     The only jewelry a student ever buys is sterling silver..so I need precautions for you lot..when shopping for my wedding...haha enjoy!!

Love Raz

Edited by -Raz- - 10 years ago
Originally posted by -Raz-

~DABH DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK~

Hello Guys n Girls Of Course

Sooo Here is the DOTW

I was like oh no im late eeekss..It was a long week for me and I totally forgot about everything..I don't even have a topic to discuss and im here late as ever trying to do a write up as quickly as possible. Lets discuss current affairs...sound boring?? Nah?? It actually isn't as boring as it sounds..

So current affairs in DABH is the gold issue.. What is the show trying to tell us? Are there warning us or scaring us??

Lets discuss about gold. I have never purchased any alone, and I really don't know anything about gold to be honest. All I know it's a piece of jewelry. Well it's a very good investment too. So now I came up to a conclusion lets discuss this jewelry incident.

Firstly; with tax issues and all getting a kacchi receipt was and is the most stupidess thing ever. I don't even know why Bhabo did such for in the first place. Like seriously??

Anyways here are my questions;

1.     Jewelry is an investment. Do you all think that these pieces were necessary for Chavi. I mean the bill was over 7 lakhs if I am correct. Do you think it is necessary?

2.     Would you ever go behind latest fashionable designs over your trustworthy person for a huge investment? I mean people thing a million times when they buy a small shirt. I found this jewelry thing to be very stupid

3.     Is there a way where an average individual can tell the difference of gold by looking at it. I don't know much but I know when jewelry is real. There is a different texture. What I don't understand is that Bhabo isn't dumb. They were real jewelry almost everyday how comes she don't know?

4.     Are there any precautions to take that DABH is missing out when making huge investments??

You all enjoy the discussions.. Please people come out and talk out your feelings..We know this forum is ever so welcoming.. Come with a free heart and talk out your feelings..even the little tiny silent members out there..I know there are many..Come on out please!!

You all discuss while I give my opinion on those questions

1.     Number 1, I don't live in India. I do not know how the tradition is out there and all. If I know that my parents cannot afford it I would never ask for it. And for something like jewelry that I know I have to wear forever I would trust my mother to get it for me. She knows whats going on and that would be enough for me. But Chavi isn't grateful, she is another selfish time so she cant understand this. For me one gold set would be more than enough.

2.     No I wouldn't. As I said before, I think a million times before I buy a top. Yes I check all over and all but at the end of the day im looking for quality. I shirt is a small cheap thing compared to jewelry, all im trying to say, is that if I think a million times to buy a shirt then hell yess I would think over the board with an investment. Trustworthy is a must in this case!

3.     That's a blooper than Bhabo cant tell, cause I can. At least I know Gold has this really nice texture and it is heavier compared to the other jewelry. I also know the earrings have this touch to it where you can tell if its real! There is a smell to gold too..dont wear jewelry so I don't know much.

4.     The only jewelry a student ever buys is sterling silver..so I need precautions for you lot..when shopping for my wedding...haha enjoy!!

Love Raz

In India people will give up food, drink etc...not LOVE FOR GOLD which was beautifully captured in DABH.However people are not so fools to not take bill ,as now even street person is aware of hallmarking,KDM etc...Since people buy for investment so if in later life cash crunch is there, they always insisit on bill-Esp if 5 lakhs jewellery!!!!NOONE buys so much jewels like that without consulting family ,etc...I am surprised the otherwise aware Bhabho can be cheated like this!!!!!
Always insist on buying hallmarked jewellery so even if its expensive ,you know its genuine.Still if you want more Gold gyan later.
Chavi was buying Gold from her sasural as well if you remember her inlaws asked bhabho to buy 3 sets from their side.which is very unsual in India as inlaws like to buy jewels/moslty hand down heirlooms to their DILS!!!
Another thing in India like people have personal DOCTOR/Lawyer they have mostly personnal SUnar/Jeweller from whom they buy Golds so that cheating is minimised also to break old designs & make new making charge etc,,will be less.So i am surprised some one buying wedding Jewels from New shop & for so much-not possible unless you get 10 lakhs gold in 5 lakhs scheme or somethng!!!!
Edited by india2050 - 10 years ago
Nice DOW topic Raz.⭐️. Lemme hammer the hathoda.πŸ˜†.

"Gold - Sonaa"
is the favorite pearl for most of the women in IND. Some says it's now inherited in genes of women I mean obsessed with GOLD and its jewelleries. You know India is the top country in the world to use Gold and last month GOV increased excise duty to 15% to control country's current deficit account. Prices of gold varies from state to state here(minor changes though) - last friday it was around 30000 per 10gm.πŸ€”.

Why Bhabho afraid to take authenticate receipt? - It's because if she takes then she has to pay with VAT(value added tax) of around 1% or 2% or 3% or 4%. (again VAT is varies from state to state; I think Kerala has highest VAT on gold jewelery in the country around 4%).

DABH CVs are trying to give social message that one should buy authentic gold jeweleries with BIS hallmark.(Social awareness advertise from Government of IND - advising people to buy jeweleries with BIS hallmark also airs on most of the channels.)

I won't prefer to buy gold jeweleries if I know my parents can't afford it but again here every parents love to buy jeweleries for their daughter at least to wear on wedding day.πŸ˜•. I remembered few years back my mom did huge fight with my dad to take money to buy gold ornaments for me and my sister's weddings.πŸ₯±.

Meena said in ME that Bhabho has 30tolaa - waist bead.(30000Rs = 10gm; 10gm = 1tolaa; 300gms = 900000Rs. It's a lot.😳.).

How to identify whether GOLD is real or not well GOOGLE karo. It'll show you lots of ways to find it out how to identify it at home.πŸ˜ƒ.

Personally, I do invest in the gold as it gives me good return within short span. I prefer to buy Gold biscuits..
Edited by -Amlu- - 10 years ago
Nice topic Raz.
Gold is part of indians life. Each and every function or festivals are not full without Gold.

Many parents are buying gold for the wedding for their daughter, not only to make her wear in her wedding, they buy those as a investment for her in a faith that it will help her one day in her future if she has to face some financial crisis. And also to save her respect in her in-laws house.
Nowadays in-laws are also presenting gold jewels for their DIL as in chavi's matter.
They are buying jewels to use it for double purpose for wearing and also as a investment.
Govt has increased the tax, but it does not affects the consumption of gold.  

Now answering ur qustions.
1. Main question arise among the neighbours when talking abt marriage is how much gold did u buy for ur daughter or how much gold did ur DIL brought. So price is not a matter. They have to buy a descent amount of gold. to maintain their image among their relatives or neighbours. So it is necessary in marriage.

2. No. I prefer only from a genuine jeweller when the case is huge investment. But i prefer fashionable jewellery in the case of less weight ornaments like earring and rings.

3. Yes, A person who r using gold can suspect easily a fake jewelry by its colour or shining. Here bhabho trust that jeweler very much. She did check for that chain. So may be she thought that this is also a pure one and failed to notice the jewels keenly.

4. Yes we have to check the purity of gold before buying it. And we have to  get a proper bill from jewelers. We have to pay the tax for the jewels if it is necessary. If we r buying gold for investment only then we can go for mutual funds or gold biscuits as it will save the cost of making charges and wastage.

iam not interested in gold
so rather than commenting i will read others commentsπŸ˜†

In India gold is seen as an investment as well as a status symbol. The gold the girl wears on her wedding day kind of tells the status of the family. See the way Chavi invited everyone to view her jewellery. It happens in India. I remember all my aunts , cousins, neighbours had come to see my jewellery also during my wedding.

Jewellers asks whether we need bills as with bill we have to pay VAT. There are enough people who would not take a proper bill for jeweller to avoid taxes.

Coming to buying gold from a new shop we have seen that Bhabo did take precautions as she bought a small chain, showed her sonaar for the quality, then that guy came home with chain and also in the shop another lady convinced Bhabo well to buy the jewellery. Though Bhabo is knowledgable it shows that she is not aware of the new tricks used for cheating.

BIS hallmark and all we in town know. But there are n number of people in India who doesnt know what it is and why it is important to buy BIS hallmark jewellery. Bhabo is one among them.

Coming to my preference I buy gold once in a while not as an investment some pieces of jewellery which I feel I can wear. But my interest more lies in diamonds, rubies and emeralds. Everytime I make a purchase I do get proper receipts, pay with my card than cash as when we are paying by card they are forced to give receipt. I go around purchasing from many branded jewellery which includes Bhima, Tanishq, Malabar Gold etc..

Coming to Chavi's in laws asking Bhabo to take jewellery for her I didnt see anything wrong with that seeing the liberal thought process of Chavi's MIL. Even for my wedding my in laws had asked preferences while buying jewellery as well as the saree as it is ultimately I who has to wear it. Now a days I see many in laws call their would be DILs to be part of their shopping for jewellery and saree. So that's fine.

DABH is trying to give social message on precautions that needs to be taken while buying gold. Ways the jewellers try to cheat you. I feel it is a message that should reach Indian households.
Originally posted by ramasuresh78

iam not interested in gold
so rather than commenting i will read others commentsπŸ˜†

awww me too thala.πŸ˜† even i dnt like gold.dnt knw y all r going crazy for it.one should respect others the way they r than how much gold they have.EVVV

thanks to my grandma bcz of her only i dnt like gold.😲

My answers in blue...😊

Originally posted by -Raz-

I don't think is necessary to buy that much gold but if you see it from the point of view of Investment, probably, is necessarry 😊  I am thinking of Sandhya...if she was thrown out of the house first time, I remember she had her jewelries with her (like Chavi...she had about 4-5 cases as well if I remember corectly) then these jewelries would have been a great help for her...if we forget that she had a brother...or we suppose she had nobody, or that Ankur did not repented and he wouldn't want to take care of her. Then Sandhya would have been totally on her own...and the jewelries would have been more than welcome...in giving her some Financial security and not stay on the streets.

I could never afford to buy so much gold πŸ˜ƒ. So definetly it would be a HUGE matter and security/precaution would be first priority.

I have no ideea how to identify gold. I saw in western movies that they would put the gold pieces between teeth to try if it real or fake.πŸ˜†
However, in DABH, I remember that Bhabo checked the gold necklace of Sandhya (when it got stolen by Meena) by rubbing it against the floor. The same Emily did when she came in RM as tax inspector...or smth of that sort...So, I would have expected that Bhabo would check whether this is real gold like she did with Sandhya's necklace.
I also thought that Bhabo wouldn't be fooled in such matter. But is a good message: it says that you can never be too confident...anybody can be fooled and one should pay attention at all times!

Buying from different shops (maybe half in the new shop and the other half in the old shop) would decrease the risk).
I, personally find it very fishy if a jewelry seller would come from house to house to return a piece of jewelry, forgotten in his shop. I suppose (most probably) somebody would take advantage of the situation and say is indeed her jewelry...the tactic is either stupid or fishy! Instead the real jewelry shop would take it to the police or wait in the shop for somebody to complain about the forgotten jewelry.

Nice to read your opinions on the gold matter. While in India (as reflected in DABH) big jewelries are admired...in my culture (RO) is considered of bad taste to wear too prominent designs or many jewelries at the same time, especially if the handcraft is not "elegant enough" (very subjective matter however...). But, gold is considered a good Investment for bad times... 

I think some of the necklaces in DABH are gorgeous, but I could never wear them on a daily basis...that would definitely be tooo much,here. ...but, i know, is a matter of culture, of course. 😊 
Edited by alexxa - 10 years ago
great answers people..first time i actually read so much...haha..just joking..keep commenting ppl