Posted: 10 years ago

Without You

"Hell is not where the devil resides but the situation when your own tears betray you." 

Just like any other day I went all the way to my college, sulking. Had it been up to me, I would have never stepped inside that building, not even in my wildest nightmare. The people around are so damn irritating, wicked and pain in ass. I don't understand what would they earn, money, gold or even better, diamonds, if they know what is happening in others' life. If not for my chemistry teacher, Mrs. Saxena, I would have actually followed my heart's desire of bunking college every time, but I have to come, courtesy Mrs. Saxena. She makes studies so damn interesting that I just can't afford to miss her class. She teaches us organic chemistry, my favourite part of chemistry. Since the time I was introduced to organic chemistry, I loved it.

After her class got over I went to library to pass my time. I know it sounds strange that I, Nikhil Ahluwalia, is passing his time in library but that is the fact. Well to say that I am absolutely introvert would be wrong. I am extrovert; yeah you heard it right, an extrovert passing his time in library but, then, what to do! It's not that I don't have friends around, well that kind of is the truth, I being friend to everyone, can't find out a friend in them. This part of life I hate the most. My best friend, Shreya Shergil, is pursuing Bachelors in Journalism from St. Xavier's, Mumbai and I am here, doing Honors in Chemistry at St. Stephen's, Delhi. Some times I feel like to fly out of here directly to her and embrace her in a bone crushing hug. It's been more than a year we haven't met and today I was missing her like hell, reason I, myself, am not aware of.

While I was going through the recent discoveries in my field I felt vibrations in the pocket, before I could do something about it, my phone started ringing. Receiving the murderous glare from the librarian, I simultaneously changed my profile to silent and then, with frustration I looked to the caller ID just to have rage envelope my face. I quickly masked my expression lest I wanted my surroundings to know of my turmoil. I, then, did what I wanted to - rejected the call of that person.

I started wondering what must have had happened that my dad was all of sudden reminded of me, the last time I checked, my elder brother was all he cared about. I was hopeless, worthless for them, even the penny they spent on me was waste then how come they called me up? As if I care! With agony clouding my mind, I found it better to leave library and go to some scheduled place lest my emotions go out of my hand.

Freaking hell I did cared from them! No matter how much I'll be in denial that I don't but the truth is that I cared for them, more than anyone, even Shreya. She came into my life during high school, when she shifted to Dehradun, much later, when my family had finished it all. The comparison, taunts, pressure, ignorance, ruined it all. Agree that, then, I was not at all good with academics, I was into sports, teachers complained of me now and then, but, then, they never cared to find out the reason behind my declination in studies. For them I became burden, too heavy to carry. I loved them; too much that I planned what all I'll do for them. I sketched out ways of fulfilling their each and every wish, unlike my brother who was too selfish to even think about them for all he cared was he, himself.

I wouldn't even go there, rather I started missing Shreya. Shreya... she was, scratch that, is the craziest girl I have come across with. She is crazy enough not to cry even when the world faces its end but will cry, when she felt like, even for the pettiest reason. She would walk around as if she owns the place, or better, as if she is the queen of place when she would be hell scared about her being caught, again, for something she did terribly wrong. She kept the guts to lie to the teacher bluntly, eye to eye, while beneath the table, her legs would be shivering with fear. She was the only one who didn't cared about the fact of me being a below average student and forwarded a hand of friendship towards me, understood me, found out the real me. She was the one who did what my parents should have done, tried to find out why was I so weak in academics. She brought me out of my complex, helped me in gathering my self confidence. I then thought that maybe... maybe my parents would be proud of me doing so well. I was again proved wrong by them, they didn't cared; it was all about my elder brother, Shaswat.

After the mental imprisonment, I stopped. I stopped caring for them, thinking them as my parents. Although Shreya tried to smoothen out strained relation but what could the poor soul do. In all this raging storm the only good thing happened was the improving friendship of Shreya and me. From mere friends we became best friends. After my high school I moved down to Delhi, I thought that maybe the distance from my parents would lessen the pain but I was incredibly wrong. The pain increased a thousand folds, to an extent that it started killing my insides. It's been three years I haven't talked to my parents, since the time I have moved out of my house, I am managing all my expenditure on my own, and today when they called me up, I, all over again, felt that imprudent pain coming back with thrice the force. Amidst all the mess, I couldn't stop myself from venting it all out, crying my heart out, even when I didn't want to since my stupid male ego hadn't left me. At that moment I realized why I missed Shreya so much then, had she been here, she, without further procrastination, would have hugged me with all her might and consoled me. Her presence would have crushed the loneliness I felt within and made me felt alive again; I would have been able to breathe peacefully again. Only if... she was here.

Hola guys! As you must have guess, I am new in this forum. Well I wanted to write something for so long but couldn't manage with time. Wrote this piece recently so thought to share it with you guys. 

P.S. Hated it, Liked it, Loved it? Do drop in your reviews and let me know what you think about it.

P.P.S This OS is dedicated to my best friend (Harvi.Butterfly), Because I missed your hug in middle of night.

P.P.P.S. If you want to get notified of my works, buddy CrescentCradle

Yours Truly, 

Aditi.

Edited by Flame.Of.Rose - 9 years ago
buddy you r way more talented to me..you know studies pressure always bring our inner writer our personal experience:P
beautifully written no doubt..and unique one too:D

I loved it the way you expressed the desaprate need of frnd:(
-your di
i wont review until u review mine! ðŸ˜ˆ
a revenge is a revenge ðŸ˜¡
res
unres..

wonderful one!

loved it...

you've portrayed all the emotions so well.

Edited by lovely7010 - 10 years ago
Look who's here...
Me..

Initially I was like.. Ab ispe kaunsa bhoot chad gaya?
Then I looked at the Non-Fan-Fiction part.. That made me like.. Fine... A refreshment..

So its the story of friends... Oh thats really true... when we are away from friends.. we just cant bare the pain.. We miss them so much that its something that cannot expressed...

The way a friend can soothe you.. with just their mere presence.. is known to you.. when you are apart...

These feeling and emotions were well described by you..

I never knew you were this mature... Hatts off to you Adi... Tune mujhe mere friends ki yaad dila di... Roola diya na mujhe..
everything is defined so well...superb
loved it..
thnks a lot for the pm..:)
I know why this is dedicated to HAvri  and all I can says is she deserves every bit of your dedication...

About the rest all I'll say is its beautiful,Simple  

Nice Os ðŸ˜Š
well penned