|| 24 Episode Discussion Thread || - Page 4

Posted: 10 years ago
What do you think of Ajinkya Deo's acting as 'Abhay' so far? I feel he's done well so far, and should get more screen time on this show.

That Jai-Trisha scene melted quite a few hearts. Nicely done by Anil and Tisca.

Naina-Aditya-Divya = Sonia-Rahul-Priyanka. Vikrant (Divya's drunk, abusive husband) = Robert Vadra. Mehek Ahuja of WNCC = Barkha Dutt of NDTV. KK=Digvijay Singh? Megha-Prithvi = Maneka-Varun? A journalist on an online portal expects this show to be censored by the Government. Already the real Barkha Dutt has mocked this show for being a scene-by-scene copy. Hope the Government doesn't shut the show down.

Hope to see the identities of 'Abhay' and 'Max' revealed.

I need to know the code for "Members Only" for the Body Count and Casualty Ward thread.
Edited by Arjun_M - 10 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

@Sourya- will do just that. Thanks for the tip.

The journalist was Kartikeya Tanna from NitiCentral/FirstPost, so you know which side of the political divide he supports. He mentioned it on Twitter- where BDUTT also mocked the show on the first day.

I'd rather have Aditya Singhania as PM instead of the character he's supposedly based on- which may be Rahul Gandhi, but Mehek's attempted witch-hunt may be similar to how NDTV and IBN have been hunting down rival Modi. If this is based loosely on real-life news channel dynamics, we may see the Government engineer losses (financial/personnel) in WNCC and subsequently force them to depend on Government funding. Each passing instance of KK in the show makes him look like Digvijay Singh, aka DeViouS.
Have yet to finish watching Saturday's episode fully to comment properly on the episode. 
But the moment I saw the other Mrs.Singhania I actually went "God! Not another reference to the Gandhi family !" They really shouldn't have resorted to something like that. 
Originally posted by zephyr29

Have yet to finish watching Saturday's episode fully to comment properly on the episode. 
But the moment I saw the other Mrs.Singhania I actually went "God! Not another reference to the Gandhi family !" They really shouldn't have resorted to something like that. 
What do you think of their version of Robert Vadra? A sick breed of comic relief, that Vikrant Maurya. I wonder if they'll show him sell off Government land at 1000% profit.

That the 12AM rerun and Sunday's 1PM rerun were cut was a bit disappointing, and I had to wait tilll 8PM for the Saturday episode rerun.
Originally posted by Arjun_M

What do you think of their version of Robert Vadra? A sick breed of comic relief, that Vikrant Maurya. I wonder if they'll show him sell off Government land at 1000% profit.

That the 12AM rerun and Sunday's 1PM rerun were cut was a bit disappointing, and I had to wait tilll 8PM for the Saturday episode rerun.

When they showed him in the first episode itself I thought "Uh-Oh...Robert Vadera!" And I was hoping for no more "obvious" references. But no such luck. 

So far he is just an annoying caricature but yeah pretty sick. Uptill now he doesn't seem to have much of a say in the family and just seems to be someone everybody just barely tolerates. Don't know if he'll be shown later having a much greater role to play in this assassination attempt. 
Originally posted by zephyr29

When they showed him in the first episode itself I thought "Uh-Oh...Robert Vadera!" And I was hoping for no more "obvious" references. But no such luck. 

So far he is just an annoying caricature but yeah pretty sick. Uptill now he doesn't seem to have much of a say in the family and just seems to be someone everybody just barely tolerates. Don't know if he'll be shown later having a much greater role to play in this assassination attempt. 
I get the feeling Yakub may be following orders from someone else- in a dramatic twist, it could be Vikrant. While most of the characters are portrayed as relatively normal in Indian politics, and Aditya, as a real hero, unlike Rahul Gandhi (who is a subject of jokes on the internet), if this was supposed to be the Nehru-Gandhi family, they've somehow either exposed or smeared muck all over Vadra. Either he's part of the plan, or he'll end up dead, bringing relief to viewers- the latter likely, since he is not a very relevant character in the plot.

It's not entirely a reference to the Nehru-Gandhis. The real Nehru-Gandhi family were referenced when the show mentioned the assassinations of Indira and Rajiv. Besides, we don't hear of Maneka Gandhi pushing for her son Varun to be the Prime Minister of India. I feel, just to distract viewers, they'll stuff in parts of Narendra Modi in Aditya Singhania.
Edited by Arjun_M - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Arjun_M

I get the feeling Yakub may be following orders from someone else- in a dramatic twist, it could be Vikrant. While most of the characters are portrayed as relatively normal in Indian politics, and Aditya, as a real hero, unlike Rahul Gandhi (who is a subject of jokes on the internet), if this was supposed to be the Nehru-Gandhi family, they've somehow either exposed or smeared muck all over Vadra. Either he's part of the plan, or he'll end up dead, bringing relief to viewers- the latter likely, since he is not a very relevant character in the plot.

It's not entirely a reference to the Nehru-Gandhis. The real Nehru-Gandhi family were referenced when the show mentioned the assassinations of Indira and Rajiv. Besides, we don't hear of Maneka Gandhi pushing for her son Varun to be the Prime Minister of India. I feel, just to distract viewers, they'll stuff in parts of Narendra Modi in Aditya Singhania.

When Yakoub was talking to his "boss" after killing Dev for a second from the voice I thought it was Prithvi. It sounded like him, I felt. Yeah even I feel somehow Vikrant will wind up dead, maybe in a sudden twist of fate the assassin might mistakenly end up killing him instead.

Well of course I wouldn't expect a direct reference to the Gandhis but still they have made it pretty obvious that the Singhanias were modeled on them. That's where it felt like a cliche'. But the cast playing them are simply fabulous, they actually make them believable and convincing, especially Neil Bhoopalam who plays Aditya.

PS: About your signature...are you a Hip Hip Hurray fan?
I too believe Aditya Singhania's character is being handled nicely, by actor and director/writer alike. I'm also impressed with Ajinkya Deo's acting, how he fakes his concern all along in the show, till he kills and subsequently kidnaps.

Hip Hip Hurray is an old favourite of mine, and I have a soft spot for youth dramas- much of V's Buddy Project fans have fond memories. That show also had Suchitra Pillai, as a teacher- she's now acting as Mehek Ahuja here.
I am watching this show only because of the actors in it... Tisca Chopra, Suchitra Pillai, Mandira Bedi and the actor playing Aditya...

Hip Hip Hurray⭐️ 

i wish in next season we have Shveta Salve.. Vinay pathak also..