Koffee with IF - Episode 1 with Roja Akka

Posted: 10 years ago

πŸ˜†Hello friends!πŸ˜†                 

πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

======================================
    πŸ€ͺ  πŸ€ͺ
======================================

Want to know more about your IF makkals?
Do you want to hear more about them?
Here you go!

Each week we will be interviewing IF members from various sections and their interviews will be posted here.

Any other details as to who is being interviewed and others will also be posted here.

After we have posted the respective member's name, you can post your questions here as well by one day before the announced interview date. The interview will also be posted here. 

OK Neenga Readyaa? πŸ˜‰

The first interview will take place on
Currently until End of October

The interviewee will be posted soon so stay tuned! πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Pallanguzhi - 10 years ago

Ok folks, the moment you have been waiting for!

We are announcing this week's IF celebrity!

A moderator and veteran member of IF since the Kolangal and Metti Oli days, it's none other than...

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

So everyone you can start sending your questions for Roja Akka... 😊

Please send it by Monday 14th October 2013... ⭐️

Episode 1 of Koffee with IF coming soon... πŸ˜ƒ

Sorry, I saw this only today.
RP - Serials of today and serials of yore (adhaan Metti oli and your fav kOlangaL) - a comparison please.

when you update your comments make me want to read more - you always upfront with your comments

so you always like this straight forward person in real life too - tell your opinion without sugarcording

Originally posted by eclat

Sorry, I saw this only today.
RP - Serials of today and serials of yore (adhaan Metti oli and your fav kOlangaL) - a comparison please.

Sorry, did not see the Q s as the thread lost its gum !!!

@ Eclat - serials of yore - In fact Metti Oli was the reason I landed in IF . Was in the yahoo group to read updates - basically had resigned my job then and was not planning to go back to work. Had a lot of time on my hands to kill (wish I had saved some of it so that I can use now - India just eats my time , need at least another 6 hours more per day !!) But the Yahoo group was stiflingly intense and they wanted people to believe that Saro and Manickam were real. For a person like me who wants to see humor in everything, it did not sit well. So, I landed here. Kolangal probably was the most absurd one but while updating it I had so much of laughter to share with my fellow sufferers. I really COULD suffer fools THEN  !!

Serials of today - Eclat believe me , when they announced this serial office  - Comedy serial - I got hooked. Was hoping to see Pam and Jim with a little Roy thrown in πŸ˜‰ Alas, there is a pair sitting side by side doing nothing but turning every two seconds , smiling at each other and asking "enna? " Onnum illiye " - Boy, give me a break . That girl strikes as a sadist and the boy strikes as spineless !!!  Could not sit through it. And that puppet show - story about a Casanova who can lay any girl - women, dignity?? don't even go there !!  Now I do not watch a single serial - have to update Puppet Show - purely because I owe to Nithya and Atina !!! Thank God for Practice ,West wing , NCIS and CSI Miami - Roja's TV gets switched on !!!
Originally posted by kalki2007

when you update your comments make me want to read more - you always upfront with your comments

so you always like this straight forward person in real life too - tell your opinion without sugarcording

Kalki, wow, you nailed it. I am upfront with my comments. Do you think that serials of today do not deserve it πŸ˜‰? I know that you and me liked 7 C because it was dealing with children of a rural school - what happened later? You were patient enough to stick with it and update but I could not be loyal . Well, I lost my ability to suffer fools, i guess πŸ˜‰

I am a straight forward person Kalki - You do know that from my answers, don't you? And, I do not sugar coat Kalki - only humor coat πŸ˜‰
oops innum en kelvigalai post pannavillai...😲

sorry for the delay RP! πŸ˜†

1) What is the reason behind the name Rojapooo?

2) How did you end up watching Tamil serials and which was your first one?

3) Any changes you wish to see in current serials?

4) If someone offered a role to you for a serial would you join?

5) Any unique thing that a Tamil serial has that is not in other shows - that you like?

6) Favourite serial artistes and serials?

7) Favourite movies?

8) Would you want to direct your own serial and what story would it have and who would you cast?

Originally posted by Pallanguzhi

oops innum en kelvigalai post pannavillai...😲

sorry for the delay RP! πŸ˜†

1) What is the reason behind the name Rojapooo?

A rose is a rose is a rose...πŸ˜‰

2) How did you end up watching Tamil serials and which was your first one?

Like i said earlier, I stopped working and had lots of time on my hands. Malaysia finally opened its doors for all this sick serials but we were behind by a week.  The Klang CD sellers started lending CDs of serials and bingo Roja starts watching Metti Oli - she did end up writing a sequel called Mutti Vali - for fun of course - along with Ramesh and Metti Oli - They are still in the archives !!

3) Any changes you wish to see in current serials?

Ban them totally - how about that for starters?? !!

4) If someone offered a role to you for a serial would you join?

Aww, no way - I can never mouth those dialogues which demean women and abuse kids !!

5) Any unique thing that a Tamil serial has that is not in other shows - that you like?

Absurdity?? not even remotely close to reality ?? That I  like?? No kidding Pal

6) Favourite serial artistes and serials?

hmmm - none
- for both Q s

7) Favourite movies?

Tamizh - Manal Kayiru, Simla Special, Mozhi , Kathalikka Neram Illai - to name a few - always prefer comedies.
English - Three men and a Baby , Baby's day out , ET , Marley and Me - to name a few

8) Would you want to direct your own serial and what story would it have and who would you cast?

I do have a story Pal but Tamizh serial industry is still in stone age with regard to common sense and reality . I guess no producer would touch with me with a large pole πŸ˜‰

Edited by rojapoooo - 10 years ago
Hi Roja Akka...

Where do you get your sense of humour from?
(I have been reading your posts over the years...and they always bring a smile to the face)

Are you a serious person by nature who uses humour as a coping mechanism...
or are you a funny person by nature who people refuse to take seriously?

I didn't realise you watch the NCIS.
I used to watch that show regularly until life became too busy.
I quit watching tamil serials long time ago.
Who are your favourite characters in NCIS and why?
Did you know the character playing Ziva is leaving the show after nearly 8 years?
I will miss watching the Tony-Ziva chemistry on-screen...
what are your favourite scenes or episodes that feature both of them together?

Edited by spain - 10 years ago
Originally posted by spain

Hi Roja Akka...

Where do you get your sense of humour from?
(I have been reading your posts over the years...and they always bring a smile to the face)

Not sure Spain - just that I like to laugh and make others laugh as well. Guess I should thank a few Tamizh serials - the absurdity never failed to amuse me and I ended up sharing it here in the Forum. Even in serious situations, I giggle some times - hubby frowns, children chide "Please amma, will you grow up? some time in the near future?"  I am sure a few know here about this but still... once me and hubby were doing some serious calculations for some offer to be sent the next day - both of us were tired and so i got up to make coffee. He made some error and I started singing " pOda pOda punnakku, pOdathey thappu kanakku " - it just came out and he was furious - of course we both laughed later - the digression helped actually !!

Are you a serious person by nature who uses humour as a coping mechanism...
or are you a funny person by nature who people refuse to take seriously?

Oh I am a joker for sure - even I don't take myself seriously πŸ˜‰. It is an effort to convince people that I mean business -

I didn't realise you watch the NCIS.
I used to watch that show regularly until life became too busy.
I quit watching tamil serials long time ago.
Who are your favourite characters in NCIS and why?
Did you know the character playing Ziva is leaving the show after nearly 8 years?
I will miss watching the Tony-Ziva chemistry on-screen...
what are your favourite scenes or episodes that feature both of them together?

What we get here is NCIS Los Angeles. I used to watch JAG regularly - could not understand Mac falling for Brumby!!! Harm and Mac made a striking couple !!  The English serials - especially the detective and law oriented ones - are authentic and  close to reality . That is probably why I like to watch them. And they do not drag. Every day new issues and cases - even though the cast is the same. NCIS LA - Hetty and Sam Hanna are my favorites.