Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

glamarousgemini

Groupbie

glamarousgemini

Posted: 03 October 2013 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
So, I'm watching this cuz my mom is controlling the tv and it's so annoying because of the girls in the design competition. Everything r does is slated as old fashioned, but as an American I don't find it old fashioned just culturally oriented.

So, my question is why is the indian youth obsessed with the west. Why are they ashamed of their own culture and clothing. The characters seem so desperate and really lame.

As for the model all I have to say is W*F...

Any input would be nice

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

maree16john0540SHAHAIRAgckasturifIA_KhANmachar13geek2ipkfrncnitzy_21HillyloveRamziMeriJaanpallavi25-Eris-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why is the indian youth obsessed with western culture" in Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SailorMoonStar

Goldie

SailorMoonStar

Posted: 03 October 2013 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
IKR! I'm from America too and I can't believe they are ashamed with their own culture. I mean wanting to dress and act westernly is ok. But why criticize others like Rachna for following their own culture?! People should be like Gunjan. She acts westernly cause she wants to and does not look down people who greatly follow their culture.  At first yes but not anymore.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

maree16gckasturigeek2booglemachar13nitzy_21pallavi25

geek2

geek2

Posted: 03 October 2013 at 7:52pm | IP Logged
I was also wondering the same.
It seems in India these days youth selectively follows west.
They wear clothes like them, smoke , drink and party n fool around and do not follow there good things.
What is Wrong in following our own culture? What is this 'behnji'?
I also left Indian almost 30 years back and every year see the downfall in the name of becoming modern.
Be modern in your thought .

Edited by geek2 - 03 October 2013 at 7:52pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

maree16Jaimini_DPgckasturifIA_KhAN-Amri-pallavi25

RamziMeriJaan

IF-Rockerz

RamziMeriJaan

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Sadly it's true , some folks think it's more modern  Dead

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gckasturi

happygirl123

Coolbie

happygirl123

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Its just the stereotype western=modern

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gckasturinitzy_21

purplefreak43

purplefreak43

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 4:51am | IP Logged
hey.. i agree with you. im also from a foreign country. but i watch this serial.. and im very disappointed with those girls at the competition. its okay if you wear western clothes but the way they treat rachna because she wears traditional clothes- that's discriminating and being a stereotype.

and the girls in the competition think they are very well in designing clothes because they are westerized and rachna is just a simple, traditional girl from a small town- they are acting on their prejudice and thus are creating stereotypes.

these actions should be banned and they also have to appreciate and accept that they live in india, a free country where everyone can wear traditional, or western clothing.

they dont have the right judge the talent of people because of their backgrounds.we should teach those judgemental people a lesson for them to learn in their whole life.

and for rachna, she has to be strong, she doesnt have to be scared from those people because she is right and truth always wins. she is determined and talented.

GO RACHNA! SHOW THOSE GIRLS THAT YOU ARE THE BEST AND YOU WIN THE COMPETITION...LET'S SEE WHO WILL CALL YOU BEHENJI...

Wink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SHAHAIRAgckasturi-Amri-pallavi25

glamarousgemini

Groupbie

glamarousgemini

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
Thanks everyone for the replies. 

Glad to see I am not the only one that feels that one. IMHO, I think we as NRI's have more appreciation and preservation of our culture. 

When I go to India, no one believes that I am American born because I speak the language well and am well mannered. 

Personally, I feel the Indian youth has associated being modern with wearing dresses and weird hairstyles.  Their thought process is still narrow minded.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gckasturimachar13-Amri-pallavi25

SailorMoonStar

Goldie

SailorMoonStar

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 6:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by glamarousgemini

Thanks everyone for the replies. 

Glad to see I am not the only one that feels that one. IMHO, I think we as NRI's have more appreciation and preservation of our culture. 

When I go to India, no one believes that I am American born because I speak the language well and am well mannered. 

Personally, I feel the Indian youth has associated being modern with wearing dresses and weird hairstyles.  Their thought process is still narrow minded.

Yea the old tradition and new traditional people both are narrow minded. The only people who are broad minded are people like the current Gunjan who goes both ways. Doesn't think western or old culture is pathetic and bad.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gckasturimachar13pallavi25

Post Reply New Post

Go to top