Destinyhope0305

IF-Stunnerz

Destinyhope0305

Posted: 01 October 2013 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shweta2728

Originally posted by Destinyhope0305

Originally posted by Destinyhope0305

I wud say it was quite rude for the foreigners to laugh at u .But to be frank ,there are many "INDIANS" here in india too where whenever a foreigner lands up they wud either get ready to mock them or lust over them.!! Believe me sumtimes even literate clique does that!! I m actually with the thought dat every individual must have the right to dress up as they want.To wear or act like they want! To hit the reality i wud say (it may sound rude to some) "SOME " INDIANS are still so stuck in their old cultures dat they find it tough or rather say disgusted to adjust to modern culture while foreigners find it tough to understand Indian culture!

So "modern" culture is westernization? So what is "modern" for who live in the west? Modern is not they way you dress. Its the way you think. India is still a developing country and I hope I don't have to explain you why. But instead of only copying fashion and dances of the west why not adopt some of their ideas which make them a successful country and society? And about the "old" indian culture...please specify what goes under that category. I don't know how "old" or far back you are talking about cuz I'm a teenager...so even if you are talking about 10 years ago...I was too young...
i never said modern is western..or dressing down in dat sense ! Being Modern is to be modern in ur thoughts!! I m an Indian n i wud say if some indians dont respect Skirts,jeans ,shirts ,tops den dont bloody expect frm others to respect indian culture! ! !

I wasn't talking about foreigners respecting our culture! I'm talking about Indians respecting their own culture and their people. Trust me, there are some foreigners who can respect others and THEIR OWN culture better than Indians but we don't seem to want to copy that, Do we?
who says indians are eclipsing their cultures! Its upto one individual to live her life as she wants! If one aint comfortable in kurtis,indian dresses den she shud realy swap to skirts,jeans or vice versa! I dont think not wearing indian clothes makes u less indian !! The emotions must come from heart not from ur personality!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kavyasam

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Wearing Indian Clothing.... (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

maha2us

IF-Dazzler

maha2us

Posted: 03 October 2013 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Shweta, I can say what I know in this area. This is all I take when people make fun of me. Of course, as long as I am in sober dress I can accept myself. Why am I to bother what people think about me? Probably people may make fun of me if I wear Dhoti and go in streets whether in North India or USA. But why am I to bother? When I was in North India, people used to ridicule me with my South Indian customs.
And things like 'Indianization', 'Westernization' 'Modernization' this is all I take.  Whether I am in India, USA or anywhere some rules never change and those rules are enough for me. Whether people like me or mock at me, I needn't care. All that I am to practice is living and let living.  As I love, value, accept and trust myself more and more my World will be better and better. There are people who make fun of others everywhere and for that they take anything under the Sun . But then those people make fun of others have their own inferiority complex.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetBazigarshweta2728madhuharini

Bazigar

Goldie

Bazigar

Posted: 04 October 2013 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
Dress vs. dress LOL

@ maha2us agree

There wasn't anything wrong with my clothes either, it was made of silk.

Majority still wear indian dress, so i think it is less to do with dress.  I dont know about fabrics, still If i am not wrong, i guess hardly anyone wear silk dress. 

Edited by ramjaane - 04 October 2013 at 10:58pm

madhuharini

IF-Dazzler

madhuharini

Posted: 05 October 2013 at 5:14am | IP Logged
If they have insulted you, I am sorry on behalf of my Indians dear... Everyone has their own rights on wearing whatever they wish...

kavyasam

IF-Rockerz

kavyasam

Posted: 05 October 2013 at 10:05am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kavyasam

Wow that was really good! So I'm not the only person who experienced this (Hear that KavyaSam?)

eh!!!    Did I ever say you are the ONLY person who visits India and experience any discomfort? If you had also added another all caps footnote that 'only those who agree should post' then I would have never posted in your topic.

My views remain the same. Few experiences , few people and few discriminations will not hold the whole country responsible. Be it America or India.

You mentioned that I think this cuz only some people in a store behaved like that with me. Why are you getting mad? I don't have to change my perspectives just like you don't have to either. Debates are to discuss not to change each other's views. So chill out and relax! And I know...a few rotten apples don't make the whole tree rotten Wink Have a nice day! Smile

Shweta ,  I am not mad but was definitely irritated.   I would not mind you asking me to read the post if it was in direct reply to me.  

I did not ask you to change your perspective,  I know what a debate is and was doing one, until I read this post.  I am quite chilled out , relaxed etc, don't worry about me : ). 

you too have a nice day. 

OyeChupKar

Goldie

OyeChupKar

Posted: 06 October 2013 at 3:31am | IP Logged
I dont think you needed to give any description of a dress to prove it wasn't bad or embarassing. Its an Indian dress its automatically beautiful and it defines you . Them laughing at you didn't make you smaller or bigger but it definitely made them look like fools. See how we are talking about them here LOL

OyeChupKar

Goldie

OyeChupKar

Posted: 06 October 2013 at 3:33am | IP Logged
One more thing, when ANYONE here wears jeans or dress or shorts please don't say that these are MODERN dresses. They are WESTERN. Theres a difference between Western and modern

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kavyasam

chopsticks

chopsticks

Posted: 06 October 2013 at 8:38am | IP Logged
-

Edited by chopsticks - 14 July 2014 at 12:33am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top