Debater of the week #16:BirdieNumNum

Posted: 10 years ago
Namaskar, Hello, bonjour, bonjuerno, Hola,Hallo, Adam, Satsriakal, Namaste, Salem-alekum and finally

HIII

Sorry for the slight delay in giving you your next DOTW again. I am back from my globetrotting and will be there for the next two weeks before I take off for navratri again. I hope our scientist haven't forgotten its his turn to be on list, so here it goes

BirdieNumNum

Congratulations BirdieNumNum... Here is a brand new siggie for you to put up.

and Now for the start up questions

Your name:

The first letter of your name and surname( if you don't answer above question):

The reason behind your ID:

How did you first join IF:

How often do you login:

Your experience in IF so far:

A nice moment of your life on IF:

Your worst nightmare on IF:

[FONT=Verdana] Few friends on IF who share the same wavelength:

What other forums do you visit other than DM:

Why are you attracted towards DM:

Does the level of Debate here meet your expectation? If yes, do you want to give input to make it better? If no, same question

Your favorite pastime:

Are you a couch potato or busy Bee:

What are the activities you do, if you are busy bee

What do you usually do, sitting on couch? just browse IF or others as well

favorite qoute if any

Virtual or real:

PS: Check this to know who is next,( yours truly included in list). If I have missed you, do leave a note there/pm me and you will be added to the list as per your time convenience

RULES:

Unfortunately, due to barrage of  not so nice incidents in past DOTWs, a couple of rules have to be included from now on. Those who fail to comply by the rules, will be banned from taking part in MOTW, all their posts in MOTW threads will be deleted and their WLs will be increased depending upon the severity of transgession

1) NO MENTION OF PAST INCIDENTS/OTHER FORUMS TO BE DUG OUT.
Lately members use the DM thread to dig out incidents from past, happenings from other forums, their baseless thoughts and accusations and start the volley of member related actions

2) MIND YOUR LANGUAGES
Take a break and pause for 3s before writing anything you would not like to hear from others.

3) REMEMBER ITS ALL FOR FUN
Members ask others member related questions and when the answers are not to their liking, hell breaks. So please remember, its all in fun. when your time comes you can also name members as so and so , and you probably have to.

Edited by souro - 23 September 2013 at 1:20pm

great. Just what one needed. This and a bullet in the head๐Ÿ˜†

hey, there are folks dying to be on this. Why me? I'll do a few to be a good sport. Better idea- start them off too. Hopefully i'll get to a page or two by the time they're hitting a triple century๐Ÿ˜†

hope i scared everyone off with that nasty bit.๐Ÿ˜† 
[QUOTE=LeadNitrate]

Your name: answer on page 50. There, i gave away the answer key๐Ÿ˜›

The first letter of your name and surname( if you don't answer above question):

The reason behind your ID: it's the silliest thing i could think of. .. from Party

How did you first join IF: typed in a few characters and was up and running. Very user friendly that way๐Ÿ˜†

How often do you login: 0 to a couple times a day. 

Your experience in IF so far: still waiting. Hey you guys got to work harder if you want me to give you a good report๐Ÿ˜†

A nice moment of your life on IF: life? If there were such a thing, it would be no life๐Ÿ˜›

Your worst nightmare on IF: running out of enough bars on the meter. Seems to be a recurring nightmare๐Ÿ˜†

[FONT=Verdana] Few friends on IF who share the same wavelength: i like a few... like Vints. Maybe K when he is right, which unfortunately isn't very often๐Ÿ˜†

What other forums do you visit other than DM: just work related. Just to see how people can gas with so little. Just to check out what the herd is doing

Why are you attracted towards DM: it's a never-ending source of cheap entertainment๐Ÿ˜†

Does the level of Debate here meet your expectation? If yes, do you want to give input to make it better? If no, same question

lol what do you want me to say?๐Ÿ˜† Fine, it sucks.๐Ÿ˜† Barring a few, does anyone here even debate.

i think there should be more for/ against propositions.

Your favorite pastime: reading, gambling๐Ÿ˜›

Are you a couch potato or busy Bee: never a couch. In my opinion, there are better positions that way.๐Ÿ˜† Mostly busy.

What are the activities you do, if you are busy bee 

swimming, reading, hiking, partying, betting, gambling, travelling

What do you usually do, sitting on couch? just browse IF or others as well

i am a news junkie

favorite qoute if any

Virtual or real: all the real stuff in this virtual world๐Ÿ˜†

]

geez that was rough๐Ÿ˜†
Well, Well ...I see a  fellow Wall Streeter hitting the road... This should be super fun! Mr Birdie, I am sure you are going to slay it like no another. 
As usual , lets play the easier set first.

If you could invent anything to solve a problem , it would be.

If you didn't have to worry about your job and lack of time what other project would you start ( sleeping is not an option)

Who was your favorite music group in high school?

What was your favorite grade school subject?

What is your  favorite sport to play/watch?

What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a child?

What was the best vacation you have ever had?

What is your most embarrassing moment?

Name the foreign countries you want to visit.

What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Why?

You once told me that you too flirted with being a surgeon , how did that happen and why are you now wearing a Zegna and playing with the derivatives?

Which is the most over-rated book you ever read?

Why is everybody curious about God?

What makes you smile most randomly?

ManU or Real Madrid

What if the earth was a flat rod.

Space trip or an around the world voyage.

A meal you would want to eat right now.

fav movie character.

Breaking Bad or Homeland.

, Have a great time, Mr. Birdie. You keep this place witty and rolling. You know I would be back with more!
Edited by charminggenie - 10 years ago
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

great. Just what one needed. This and a bullet in the head๐Ÿ˜†

hey, there are folks dying to be on this. Why me? I'll do a few to be a good sport. Better idea- start them off too. Hopefully i'll get to a page or two by the time they're hitting a triple century๐Ÿ˜†

hope i scared everyone off with that nasty bit.๐Ÿ˜† 

What? Since when have you started to scare off the entertainment? ๐Ÿ˜†

Congrats Birdie. I'll ask questions once I see your answer for Genie's Breaking Bad vs. Homeland question. It's a matter of principles. 
Originally posted by charminggenie

Well, Well ...I see a  fellow Wall Streeter hitting the road... This should be super fun! Mr Birdie, I am sure you are going to slay it like no another.
and just for that you'll get some straight answers.๐Ÿ˜Š

As usual , lets play the easier set first.

If you could invent anything to solve a problem , it would be.

inventing a machine that would allow us to get to heaven without having to first die to get there๐Ÿ˜†

a machine that solves the problem of poverty, of people who can't afford to dream

If you didn't have to worry about your job and lack of time what other project would you start ( sleeping is not an option)

teaching poor kids how to be as smart as me ๐Ÿ˜›

Who was your favorite music group in high school?

Pink Floyd. (I grew up in India, so any coke music though i only experimented with it)

What was your favorite grade school subject?

English Lit. Yeah i could write. Once upon a time. Enough to come 2nd in an all-India competition๐Ÿ˜Š

What is your  favorite sport to play/watch?

ice hockey. Fast paced, brutal...

What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a child?

never got into cartoons. Also every other sunday morning we'd be rounded up by dad for trips to the barber shop.

What was the best vacation you have ever had?

as a kid- Simla, Mussoorie, Darjeeling with family.
as an adult- San Fran with a gf

What is your most embarrassing moment?

being too tongue tied to know what to tell her...I wrote something on an index card and gave it to her. 

Name the foreign countries you want to visit.

argentina. brasil. The southern-most tip of the SAmerica continent. Western Africa just because I dont know if i'll ever get there...

What time period would you live in if you could have live at any time? Why?

i am assuming it's something other than the current time period... I think the time right after independence. It must have been a very optimistic time. And much as i am steeped in the material world myself, i cant help but wonder what it must have been like when values were simpler... I look at old movies and see empty roads, and i remember stories of someone in my family playing cricket in a bungalow they owned on Pali Hill... I wish that carefree time existed for me...

You once told me that you too flirted with being a surgeon , how did that happen and why are you now wearing a Zegna and playing with the derivatives?

haha from what i know of neurosurgeons, they can afford a Zegna or two themselves.

i think i found the idea of neurosurgery a romantic notion. While i was good at studies and extracurriculars to have made it anywhere, i have always been too lazy, so took the easy way out.

it's actually a cross-product trading book. Derivs is one part of it.

Which is the most over-rated book you ever read?

i always found something to learn- however trashy. Ok, maybe Stochastic Methods in Economics and Finance. I spent way too much time trying to understand it.๐Ÿ˜†

Why is everybody curious about God?

maybe because the implications are huge. If there is no God, why bother?

i think we're really wanting to know if we're a pile of mass with no future...

What makes you smile most randomly?

jokes i remember. Lines i want to use if better sense did not prevail.

ManU or Real Madrid

not into European soccer. Only time i watch is during World Cup.

What if the earth was a flat rod.

there'd not be too many ways i could get to the local bar. We'd all be piled up in traffic. Ever seen Belt Parkway?๐Ÿ˜†

Space trip or a around the world voyage.

space. I like flying high.๐Ÿ˜†

A meal you would want to eat right now.

kadhi-chawal, rajma-chawal. Incidentally that's the only time i have rice. I got to look good you know.๐Ÿ˜†

fav movie character.

not particularly crazy about anyone. Dont really watch movies...

Breaking Bad or Homeland.

no idea who what that is. I am just a party kind of guy when i want fun. Pretty shallow that way.

, Have a great time, Mr. Birdie. You keep this place witty and rolling. You know I would be back with more!

lol that's what one worries about.๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by McNinja

What? Since when have you started to scare off the entertainment? ๐Ÿ˜†

Congrats Birdie. I'll ask questions once I see your answer for Genie's Breaking Bad vs. Homeland question. It's a matter of principles. 

haha i just looked that up on the net.
But a guy just has so much time. I could either spend it on wonderful company such as yourselves, or on silly cable TV. I am making the right choices, aren't i?๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†
Congro, Birdman. May you grow wings and soar, and not let the clouds hit you on the head. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Questions:

1.We know two negatives make a positive in the English language. Do you agree? (Think...carefully)

2.Write a short essay on, "India ke Baba/s: Allah Meherbaan To Gadha Pehelwaan". (NOTE: "Baba" can mean either dhongi babas, or the Political "Baba". Whichever ya like, or BOTH, if you please). ๐Ÿ˜‰

3.Give 10 reasons why you would NOT like to be Chuck Norris.

4. Make up a story. Maal masala: Birdie, RTH, Mr. K, Krystal, Gumrah and Mr. Ass are stranded on an island with a dilapidated hotel with , Ryan Gosling, Vijay Mallya, Katrina Kaif and two ex-US Presidents. (preferably the last two ๐Ÿ˜†)
Write a funny, spicy story that involves ALL the characters with at least ONE dialogue for everybody.
Edited by krystal_watz - 10 years ago
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

lol that's what one worries about.๐Ÿ˜†
Just so you know this was not , round 2๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by krystal_watz

Congro, Birdman. May you grow wings and soar, and not let the clouds hit you on the head. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Questions:

1.We know two negatives make a positive in the English language. Do you agree? (Think...carefully)

i don't disagree.๐Ÿ˜†

2.Write a short essay on, "India ke Baba/s: Allah Meherbaan To Gadha Pehelwaan". (NOTE: "Baba" can mean either dhongi babas, or the Political "Baba". Whichever ya like, or BOTH, if you please). ๐Ÿ˜‰

"Allah Meherban toh Gadha Pehelwan". if you think this title has anything to do with politicians, then i hate to admit it but you are right.๐Ÿ˜› It is indeed Allah's meherbani that such an uncouth uneducated criminal class gets as far as they do in life. But then, if God is kind, who are we to say how far donkeys can go. After all, they are also God's creatures, aren't they?

ps- hope this was short enough๐Ÿ˜›

3.Give 10 reasons why you would NOT like to be Chuck Norris.

it's all the 9 superlative things about me that he lacks. Looks, IQ, friends like you who ask these questions (who needs enemies!) , the girls i loved, the girls i am with, the girls i will love in future (all of which he'll never have), the hindi jokes i know that he doesn't. 

ok how many was that? 7? I knew you would point that out. Add two because of how annoying his fans are.๐Ÿ˜†

what's the 10th? The name. Chuck? Chuck?๐Ÿ˜† 

4. Make up a story. Maal masala: Birdie, RTH, Mr. K, Krystal, Gumrah and Mr. Ass are stranded on an island with a dilapidated hotel with , Ryan Gosling, Vijay Mallya, Katrina Kaif and two ex-US Presidents.
Write a funny, spicy story that involves ALL the characters with at least ONE dialogue for everybody.

later...