Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

salinaa

salinaa

Posted: 28 September 2013 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
As we know, both these are southern superstars and has made their much hyped and talked about entry into bollywood.
Raanjhana became a runaway success wheras Zanjir flopped badly. 
Despite having great looks and talent Ramcharan lagged somewhere. So what do you guys think that he went wrong ?.. His film had everything, masala, action, Priyanka's hot item song, and everything that can appeal to the masses.
On the other hand Raanjhna was a kind of more sober and simple, music that has a folk and traditional touch, Dhanush whom people hailed as ugly, sonam whom people hailed as a nonactress. yet the film made upto become a big hit.
What do you guys think which couple had a better chemistry ?. Because from the songs it looked like Ramcharan and Priyanka do have a good chemistry, and even Sonam and Dhanush had a wonderful chemistry.
Obviously both Ramcharan and Dhanush will be nominated for best debut, but the question still lies that why did one film fail miserably and the other one became a critical and commercial success .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DarknessVisible

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dhanush or Ramcharan ?" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 28 September 2013 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Dhanush - he lives into the roles he plays and his choice of the movies are good. His roles suits his body physic and age.

Ramcharan should try something suitable for his age and not try larger than life roles. He is young and should avoid commercial genre for a while and try movies with good subjectsErmm.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadILoveDramaChand_Ni__VJ__-Nakshatra--P.S-

munnihyderabad

Cool Viewbie

munnihyderabad

Posted: 28 September 2013 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Agreed Mel !!
Dhanush is more of a natural and effortless actor  his roles  which suit his age and physique

Zanjeer for Ram Charan is not the right film ...it's too big of a film to carry on for him, which Amitji did .. he does justice to the roles which suit his age, but not Zanjeer and I didn't like PC and RC ka chemistry 

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 29 September 2013 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
DHANUSSHHH

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDramaChand_Ni

-Deepzz-

-Deepzz-

Posted: 30 September 2013 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
Dhanush is a  natural actor. less in terms of style quotient but very very charismatic actor.  U just cannot look away when he is on screen. His persona on screen tends to outweigh his flaws..his looks, complexion , gawky physical structure . 
When he debuted in acting ..NONE even anticipated such an expressive actor. his advantage was he did not have to live up to anybody's expectations nor did he have a Star son pedigree to keep upto . He could take risque moves and his choices of movies were also the usual. His movies range from mass front benchers to art house crowd. 

When it comes to Ram Charan, He doesn't seem to have carved a particular style for himself. He is not as good as Bunny or NTR or other contemporaries when it comes to dialogue delivery or style like MB or offbeat movies like Prabhas did .  Magadheera worked coz it was different from usual movies and it was the whole package. 
He does seem to suit the brooding intense roles well// he can emote well with his eyes. Had it been any other angsty cop movies or Initial RGV gangsta/shiva type role it would have work well with him  . Most of the time, unconsciously , we tend to compare him to his dad Chiranjeevi and expect something better. He is Abhishek Bachan of Tollywood honestly Confused 

Coming to why Ranjahna worked & Toofan flopped

Zanjeer was a bad choice . One NONE can do better than AB , the iconic movie which catapulted him into super stardom and two Prakash raj in his umpteenth comedy mob boss  role is NO match for Ajit and his distinct style. Thirdly he is unknown entity in Bollywood .. Unlike Dhanush who was a mildly known celebrity courtesy " Kolaveri Di" And Ranjhaana had a strong fresh script. And the rural set up , small towners connect with. And ARR music , supporting characters one could connect to . Zanjeer was made for multiplex audience ...Ranjhana is for commoners 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadILoveDramaChand_Ni-Nakshatra-harshu.sundasRajinilicious

--aarthi--

IF-Sizzlerz

--aarthi--

Posted: 01 October 2013 at 8:39am | IP Logged
Dhanush choice of the script worked i guess... he chose a script wic will suit him better..
but Ram charan..took a script wic already a big hero has done...may b tat is the oly thing... ppl will tend to make comparisons with a remake film..

and i accept with Deepzz abt the "Kolveri di " thing and him being the youngest national award winner ( i guess) played an important role... tat ppl wanted to knw how is acting skill also works

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 01 October 2013 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
Like Deepz said, Dhanush is a natural and charismatic actor. And he has an audience all over from the mass to the multiplex. 

With Ramcharan, yeah his father's image does overshadow everything for him. And that's exactly the problem in his case 'cause the larger-than-life roles don't suit him.
At the same time, no one else could've done a Kala Bhairava from Magadheera the way he did. He just needs to be careful with the scripts he chooses. 

salinaa

salinaa

Posted: 02 October 2013 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
most of you are quite right.
With Ramcharan the only problem was he chose the wrong film to make his debut. Should i say Dhanush intilligent or smart, becos he literally knows how bollywood works, and he choe a role which he knew that he can fit well. but still the charisma he was as kundan still holds a lot more praise. moreover i also feel he doesnt see any career or plan anything in bollywood, its just he thought to give a try and thankfully he succeeded, becos he indeed has a pretty good lineup of tamil films, and also did very good with Maryan.
and yes, many people were more curious becos he was the kolaveri star, and again he deserved that becos, i still dont know any indian, leave tamil, any indian actor/singer to generate that much craze with a single song which he did worldwide.
tthen a time came, when i was just fedup due to the kolaveri craze here, and now after watching Raanjhana, i started listening the song again only to connect Dhanush in both the places.
He will prove to be iconic, becos very few actors have the quality to make people forget everything and just focus on a single person blindly onscreen, for once in Raanjhana or Maryan i dint bother how he looked, he made everything so mesmerizing and beautiful.

Zanjir with the bad reviews and also the flop status, i have let go off the plan to watch it. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top