Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

enigmatic_zephy thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Coelho writes certain types of novels, and you're right, he has a strong fan base. I read The Alchemist a few years ago at a point in time when some things in it just clicked with me. On any normal day, I would say it's too metaphorical for me to read. But I guess sometimes if you need reassurance of the same old simpler truths of life, there you have it:

Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity.

I still think there's a lot to the book that probably went over my head. I plan on reading it again in a few years and seeing if I get a new meaning out of it. Both of my parents read the book and really liked it but they tend to like philosophical books like this.

If nothing else, at least now you know where Javed Akhtar stole SRK's famous dialogue in Om Shanti Om from: 

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." 

"So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you."

πŸ˜ƒ  you would make an excellent book seller!

Originally posted by: _Angie_

Alchemist was at least readable. The next Paulo Coelho I read happened to be The Zahir and that's when I realised that not every book needs to be read till its end. It was pure torture.

The secret, The monk who sold his ferari, The Celestine prophecy were way better! 

i tried secret...got bored, so found the shortcut- youtube has a video..its hilarious..and yet there are people who so strongly beleive in it..

i cant manage to get a cupcake using that logic πŸ˜† and there are people who manage to catch the bus..

life is so funny at times..

PS: I genuinely did try to get a pink layered muffin applying the tactics πŸ˜†..at the end forced myself to buy a choco chip muffin from coffee shop..just cauz by the end of the day i was craving for one..but mind you..still no pink topped muffin πŸ˜›
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: enigmatic_zephy

i tried secret...got bored, so found the shortcut- youtube has a video..its hilarious..and yet there are people who so strongly beleive in it..

i cant manage to get a cupcake using that logic πŸ˜† and there are people who manage to catch the bus..

life is so funny at times..

PS: I genuinely did try to get a pink layered muffin applying the tactics πŸ˜†..at the end forced myself to buy a choco chip muffin from coffee shop..just cauz by the end of the day i was craving for one..but mind you..still no pink topped muffin πŸ˜›

The tactic is to use the belief system and not logic. The moment you looked for logic  the Universe knew about the doubts that crept in πŸ˜† Actually I liked the fact that each page had  so little to read unlike most books πŸ˜†

The tactic is to use the belief system and not logic. The moment you looked for logic  the Universe knew about the doubts that crept in πŸ˜† Actually I liked the fact that each page had  so little to read unlike most books πŸ˜†

true its really small..

u tried/tested it and wrked for u?

@bold:
he he.. are u kidding me who goes looking for a pink cup cake..πŸ˜†..ofcourse there was no logic involved but just pure glutton faith ..but alas..no pink muffin😭
_Angie_ thumbnail
^^ Not that easy to try it out because its almost impossible to believe something you don't and what one does believe is going to happen  wouldn't be a surprise when it does happen.  

^^ Not that easy to try it out because its almost impossible to believe something you don't and what one does believe is going to happen  wouldn't be a surprise when it does happen.  

how?

i think its a buk meant to give you hope..

and hope is a two edged sword..
_Angie_ thumbnail

how?

i think its a buk meant to give you hope..

and hope is a two edged sword..

The way I understood it only hope isn't enough. There has to be complete belief. Any existing doubt that one may have would hamper the "broadcasting". So, once I can figure out a way to believe something I don't I guess I would have cracked it πŸ˜†

The mental conditionings that we have isn't easy to get rid off but no harm in trying if it gets us a pink cup cake, right πŸ˜ƒ

The way I understood it only hope isn't enough. There has to be complete belief. Any existing doubt that one may have would hamper the "broadcasting". So, once I can figure out a way to believe something I don't I guess I would have cracked it πŸ˜†

The mental conditionings that we have isn't easy to get rid off but no harm in trying if it gets us a pink cup cake, right πŸ˜ƒ

so have u ever maanged to succesfully do it?

thats the reason i chose pink cake..no loss istuation..easy conditions to have 'faith' in..beleive 100%.. doubts creep in jab genuinely important chahiye hota hai kuch to..

i wud love to hear stories of it coming true..but its just so difficult to implement..

to me its the age old theory/hypothesis..

want sthg so bad that even the journey becomes interesting..so then by default it wudn't matter to u whether u get it in the end or not..
_Angie_ thumbnail

so have u ever maanged to succesfully do it?

thats the reason i chose pink cake..no loss istuation..easy conditions to have 'faith' in..beleive 100%.. doubts creep in jab genuinely important chahiye hota hai kuch to..

i wud love to hear stories of it coming true..but its just so difficult to implement..

to me its the age old theory/hypothesis..

want sthg so bad that even the journey becomes interesting..so then by default it wudn't matter to u whether u get it in the end or not..

You mean managed to get successfully get over my conditionings? yes.
Managed to successfully get what i wanted? yes.
But that still doesnt prove any hypothesis.
Areeed about the journey part .

You mean managed to get successfully get over my conditionings? yes.
Managed to successfully get what i wanted? yes.
But that still doesnt prove any hypothesis.
Areeed about the journey part .

on hypothesis:

cat chasing its own tail waala safe grid hai..

you keep beleiving it will come to you - so even if it doesnt come to you there is no time frame rt πŸ˜ƒ .. 

i mean its basic- you want money, you gotta work hard - belief sells hope and motivation - and tadaa.. you wud try and enjoy hard wrk..eventually money makes way home

you want a new house- ditto-

not sure how finding husband works though πŸ˜†

but interesting..really keen on understanding the conditioning aspect..PM me when online, wud u