Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Heema22

I can't believe you are discussing about Sachi raising money  for this wedding . I hope she doesn't get any funding to support this hideous crime .giving dowry and taking dowry is  illegal act and you are supporting it ? Why ? Why Sachi needs to spend  beyond her abilities?  . Why Sachi doesn't say no ? Why doesn't  she perceive  what both grandmas are   telling her ? We saw her telling Prachi that she needs to respect elders and their opinion so why doesn't she follow it ? Why should Dreu sale his BMW ( BTW what happened to that good looking car? I think they only could afford  to rent it for one episode🀣 ) Why. Forum wants Dreu to support her doing something illegal  and humiliating to every women ?

I want  Sachi  to spend only what she can afford for  small and cosy wedding , Not give in to demands  and stand up tall and say NO.  Why should DV support her ? They are not husband and wife or they are not even in love yet . I want Dreu to support Sachi to say NO and  stop her from breaking the law .! I don't like to see him running after her  as a Puppy dog  and " Yes Mam " to every thing she says . I want him to act like a lawyer . this show has lots of potentials but this track needs to take different route !

I hope we can discuss any and every aspect of this serial on this forum without any unnecessary censorship.

If you cool down a bit, stop jumping to wrong conclusions and actually read the posts, you'll very quickly see that no one on this thread is supporting dowry.

It is possible to worry WITH Saachi about where the money for the wedding is going to come from, or even just engage in an intellectual exercise or idle curiosity, without wanting to propagate dowry.

Why should DV sell his car indeed? It's a thought that struck me when I was casting around for options of where the money would come from, and realised that a BMW, even second hand, must be worth well over 13 lakh. And considering how little thought DV has been shown to give has car, and since DV has already helped Saachi with her court case, I thought he might be able to use the car to get her a loan, which she would no doubt pay back. 

As for DV supporting Saachi, that's something that he's doing very well and no doubt will continue to do whether you like it or not. BTW, you don't have to be married to support anybody.

tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: pallavi25

I agree! 
The makers of this show shd not support Dowry system by showing Sanchi accepting all the demands of the greedy in laws and moving heaven and earth to get funding for the OTT wedding! 

NO, she shd put a stop to all this desperate search for funds! DV shd warn that greedy family that they are going against the law by asking for "gifts" He can use his legal contacts in high places to put the fear of the law into those upstarts! 
If makers show Sanchi giving in and mortgaging her farm, selling her assets, etc to meet their demands, that will encourage real life greedy in laws who put pressure on bride's family to give them gifts. That will create more misery in the lives of bride's parents which will lead to rejection of girl child, female foeticide etc. Its a vicious circle which shd not be encouraged by the makers of any TV show! 

I think the very OTT manner in which the dowry demands have been shown are reason enough to believe that the makers are panning Sunil's family. That and the hardship that Saachi will have to face to cobble together the money are clear signs that the PH/CVs are not supporting but exposing the dowry sickness. It's just a subtler way of getting the point across, but then Jee Le Zara is a subtle, gentle story anyway.  
tvbug2011 thumbnail
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Walden

I agree with Heema and Pallavi.  Are we so immune to this whole idea of dowry giving and taking that we don't even blink when these things are shown on T.V?  Instead here we are feeling sorry for Saachi and worrying about how bechari Saachi will raise these funds?  In that case, I hope Saachi gets a personal or business loan or whatever, is not able to pay it off, has to sell her house and ends up on the street with aaji, nani, and her brother- because this is what would happen in real life!. Serves her right for making such a stupid decision! 

No we are seasoned enough soap viewers to know that when a hysterically OTT dowry demand has been made it is to showcase the fallout of giving in to the demand.
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Evon--

First of all I'll say that I was happy that Aaji refused to give her the jewelry πŸ‘ I really hated seeing her asking for it...

I don't think she'll take money from Dhruv. BUT I also think he'll be the one to give her the money. She'll not know who it cam from. May be he'll convince his banker friend to loan or something πŸ˜†

The best thing would be if Prachi realized and backed out .. but that's expecting too much from someone like her πŸ˜† She probably has more demands (with tons of friends and expensive lehenga for the functions)

Plus, you know what is sensible in the case if they insist on going through with this wedding? They should just skip everything and only do the wedding. (I know I'm being a hater to Prachi.. she deserves it).

Absolutely! Am so glad that Aaji stood her ground for once. It was a little heart-wrenching to see Saachi's desperation.

And you're right, she will refuse Dhruv's money/help, but I'm sure he'll manage to discreetly help her out.😊

Prachi, unfortunately, is completely self-centred and has a vicious tongue in her as well. Bot qualities guarantee an unhappy time with her in-laws.
AreYaar thumbnail
@tvbug: Can I just say I LOVE your replies?πŸ‘  Thank you for some much needed clarifications otherwise some ppl in here were busy imagining a whole another show for god knows what reason.

Especially loved how you put this:

Originally posted by: tvbug2011

I think the very OTT manner in which the dowry demands have been shown are reason enough to believe that the makers are panning Sunil's family. That and the hardship that Saachi will have to face to cobble together the money are clear signs that the PH/CVs are not supporting but exposing the dowry sickness. It's just a subtler way of getting the point across, but then Jee Le Zara is a subtle, gentle story anyway.  

tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Errr how is anyone SUPPORTING the dowry system? That's quite a huge accusation...this situation is not as black and white as some ppl are painting it...and if ppl are actually ignorant of the fact that a lot of ppl do this kind of "len den" in the guise of "blessings and gifts", then they are living in an alternative universe.

Saachi has not been shown CONDONING this at ANY point...she has mentioned AGAIN AND AGAIN that it's AGAINST her principles...the only reason she is going along with it is for Prachi's sake...and the whole point of this storyline is to show that Prachi will REGRET big time the fact that she went against her sister and family's advice and INSISTED on this marriage.

Why aren't ppl letting the story BUILD UP before flying off the handle?πŸ€”

Thank you! And well said! πŸ‘ Jumping to conclusions, and having jumped, leaping to accuse - what can I say! People need to let the story unfold before they assume.
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: pallavi25

Prachi wont regret it in terms of the ostentatious wedding! A spoiled, selfish girl like her would be back from her sasural to vent her frustrations on Sanchi. She will probably blame Sanchi for her misery. And Sanchi the Martyr will suffer and put up with her obnoxious sister's blame game!

And do we really think the greedy family's demands would stop? Nope! Even after the lavish wedding, they will demand more gifts for Pag Phera, then more demands for every religious function.
 They will ask Prachi to call Sanchi and tell her to send loads of gifts for Diwali, Navratri, Holi, and every festival in the Hindu calendar! I know how these greedy families of grooms operate, have seen it with my own eyes! 
And Prachi, instead of having any compunction for her financially strapped sister, her helpless grandmas and still to be educated brother, will call Sanchi and DEMAND those things on behalf of her sasural! She wont care if Sanchi gets bankrupt or has to sell her farm, Prachi only cares for her own happiness!

The point is, when a child demands the most expensive toy in the store, should the parents always buy it for him/her? NO!
 Just because Prachi wants to marry Sunil and have the most expensive wedding as demanded by her in-laws, why should Sanchi buy her that wedding? That is bad parenting! 

Very true - all of it!

I would have loved to see Saachi stand her ground, especially as she is only buying future unhappiness for Prachi. But there is always a tussle between the heart and the mind, and Saachi was quite torn about that decision. Now unfortunately the entire family will have to face the consequences of that decision.
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: preity_d

I think the lawyer would say he managed personal lone of 25 lack rupees. Later we will get to know that DV gave the lawyer money to give Saachi... In this case she don't have to compromise with her principles and DV also can help her without breaking her values 

A random thought though 

Just like with the court case, I hope that DV manages to find a way for Saachi to get the money without compromising her values. Or preferrably that Saachi finds a way to get the money without compromising her values. But depends on how much the CVs want Saachi and family to suffer.

And of course random thoughts are very welcome! 😊
tvbug2011 thumbnail
Originally posted by: AreYaar

@tvbug: Can I just say I LOVE your replies?πŸ‘  Thank you for some much needed clarifications otherwise some ppl in here were busy imagining a whole another show for god knows what reason.

Especially loved how you put this:

Thank you! 😳 And especially for your clarification/rebuttal, which was very apt and timely. Hopefully now the message is loud and clear.

BTW, I've just started noticing that unlike with other serials, whenever I watch JLZ I come away smiling - actually I smile throughout. Lovely serial so far. Fingers crossed that the CVs don't succumb to cliches.
Edited by tvbug2011 - 10 years ago