TOI: With Parshuram I will set a benchmark: Puneet Issar

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
With Parshuram I will set a benchmark: Puneet Issar
Gayatri Deshmukh, TNN | Sep 23, 2013, 12.25 PM IST

With Parshuram I will set a benchmark: Puneet Issar
Puneet Isaar as Parshuram

Actor Puneet Issar who played the role ofDuryodhan in BR Chopra's Mahabharatessays the role of Parshuram in the new Mahabharat aired on Star Plus. The actor got in a candid chat TOI. Experts of the interview 

In your long career in Indian television you've played a number of roles. What do you find special about Parshuram?Basically Parshuram is a Vishnu avatar who came to Earth before Ram. He is a very strong character and also very nuanced. 

You've portrayed Durodhana in B R Chopra's Mahabharat and now you play Parshuram. Any difference in the way you've approached these two characters? These are two entirely different characters. Duryodhan was a prince fighting for his throne. He was powered by ambition and aspiration. Parshuram is godly. His fight is against injustice at a larger societal level. I've enjoyed playing both the characters. 

How did you prepare for this role? I had been doing a lot of research on Parshuram as I wanted to do something around his character. So when I got the call from Siddharth, I was curious to know about how he had conceived Parshuram. I found his conception to be very close to what I had in mind. I'm really happy about the fact that that STAR has put in a lot of effort in Mahabharat. We shot for twelve days in Pahalgam for the episode where Parshuram is introduced. 

What is it that you find challenging about playing Parshuram? Actors thrive on challenges. Only then can you perform. Parshuram's is a very detailed character. People generally know him as an angry man who goes around cursing. What they are not aware of is the undercurrent of pain behind every curse of his. I bring out this pain in the character. 

Any anxieties related to how your audience will respond to your portrayal of Parshuram? No anxieties as such. I'm an actor and I keep changing my roles. With Parshuram I'll set a benchmark!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crazy-nut thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I enjoyed Parshuram - Puneet Issar's performance very much.
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
big fan of him !. hats off to u sir !!
mythili2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks fr sharing. . Loved his performance. . 😊
matwamango thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

"It was a treat to see him on the show"

Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Puneet Isaar was brilliant as Parshuram! He certainly is the best actor I've seen portray Parshuram!
Mourni thumbnail

He was awesome as Duryodhan in old Mahabharat .