Bani - Ishq Da Kalma

Things that are wrong with this show!! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 6

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 6
Page 5 Page 6

CookieDough

CookieDough

Posted: 24 September 2013 at 5:26am | IP Logged
I loved Rajji's character but they are slowly destroying everything i liked! With Amreek she was no nonsense and although they fought a lot at least she stood up for herself! Now she has become masochistic and needy, always seeking approval from that Bani-obsessed- Soham and his Hitler Bua
Soham. Let's not even speak of him. Let's also not speak of Bani Ermm

At the moment Jas is my favourite character. She still has some soul left, who knows what will happen after she gets married

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ar123-Hima-0-SD-0

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Things that are wrong with this show!! (Page 4)" in Bani - Ishq Da Kalma forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 24 September 2013 at 7:10am | IP Logged
I wrote this elsewhere.  Would like to add my thoughts in addition to what you all have said.
_______

The thought of girls resigning to tell themselves that they love their husband.

Agree. That's what they are trying to show...the innocent mind of a traditional girl who thinks about family first than about her own feelings and is consequently misled by what elders teach her to do.

Bani always does what her elders expect her to do. So she lives a life her mother dreams of...etc.
Likewise, now that Rajji realizes that she has landed herself into a bottomless pit after failing to reciprocate to Amreek which could have been salvaging for her...she reviews her own decision of leaving Sohum forever when her family comes to support her. She wants to believe in her grandmother's words for herself...that she is a go-getter and not one to get defeated if she put her heart to it.   So that done, Rajji established herself in the house and has won over everyone. She is now taking the last challenge of how to make Sohum forget Bani and accept her...Rajji needs this more for Bani than herself.  HOW to do that ...has actually been guided to her by Buaji when she showed to Rajji that you don't love Sohum, so what's the point of being married to him.  This makes her realize that PRACTICALLY yes, she needs to like and love her husband if she needs to believe her place besides him.  She wanted to do it her way...slow manner...but Simran helped her by asking her to become a friend first...but this done...it has back-fired on Rajji as THIS SHE NEVER WANTED for HERSELF...that of being friend to Sohum...and HENCE HER PAIN HAS INCREASED when she started listening to Simran or Kuki rather than using her own mind to implement what was advised by her granny, or Angad Veerji or Buaji showing her the reality.

Rajji today is seen as broken by her own helplessness at getting defeated when she is putting her heart to win a losing game.

This is again a social message of the show...that girls kill themselves to find their societal status and to keep maintaining it.  When I say kill...its not meant literally, its a metaphorical Killing of their own individuality. And that they are killing themselves, we can witness it through their pain or anger...like Rajji's sullen and irritated face with her situation. Unlike Bani who deludes herself to be lucky girl by forgetting all that bad happened to her by listening to elders and never thinking about what she wants, we have in contrast, Rajji who knows what she wants and yet cannot change her fate unless she fights for respect back in whichever way it is possible.

The resignation and fight...that is the social message. This is a story of three wronged women...Rano, Bani and Rajji. There's an easy way out  and yet it will not make them happy as the crux of the issue is that ...none of these three women will be supported if they want to return to their maternal home.  Rajji tried and she got slapped...and by the time her father came to take her back, Rajji also realized in the manner of Angad Virji saying...no matter what, marriage has happened and community believes and I will follow it.  Before Bani could mature into a sensible woman, Rajji overnight becomes a woman with nowhere to go, where she is not welcome in any home...so she sticks to what is her rightful place...even if she becomes a woman spurned out of love. She got a place but that too conditional one to be ousted out in one month.  Rajji is being more practical than Bani, even if she is behaving silly to like Sohum...because that way atleast she has a social standing.

The social message is ...to build a platform...where girls who have failed marriages, they can opt out of marriage and someone is there to support them to rehabit themselves...a life where they have means of financial support and can live their life until they can get remarried.  Here Rajji has no work left to do if she goes back to her home as she will just be seen as BURDEN on her parents. The parents cannot even send her to fields to work as its dangerous for the young abandoned girls to work in fields.  The wives can work at home in capacity of house-keeping and go to fields in capacity of supporting her husband.  But where is the platform for abandoned wives getting a livelihood ???  

And yes I agree that, I am really curious, how Rano is surviving ? Where is she getting her money to feed herself...I don't see any family member around her ???

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

CookieDough-Hima--Dynamite-_charu_SaiS

xx Natasha xx

Goldie

xx Natasha xx

Posted: 24 September 2013 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Yep i agree they always chanting the same dialogues! They are dragging the drama for no reason.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Hima-

-Hima-

Coolbie

-Hima-

Posted: 24 September 2013 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Thanks for your detailed and valuable comment. My comments in pink!

The thought of girls resigning to tell themselves that they love their husband.

Agree. That's what they are trying to show...the innocent mind of a traditional girl who thinks about family first than about her own feelings and is consequently misled by what elders teach her to do.

Bani always does what her elders expect her to do. So she lives a life her mother dreams of...etc.
Likewise, now that Rajji realizes that she has landed herself into a bottomless pit after failing to reciprocate to Amreek which could have been salvaging for her...she reviews her own decision of leaving Sohum forever when her family comes to support her. She wants to believe in her grandmother's words for herself...that she is a go-getter and not one to get defeated if she put her heart to it.   So that done, Rajji established herself in the house and has won over everyone. She is now taking the last challenge of how to make Sohum forget Bani and accept her...Rajji needs this more for Bani than herself.  HOW to do that ...has actually been guided to her by Buaji when she showed to Rajji that you don't love Sohum, so what's the point of being married to him.  This makes her realize that PRACTICALLY yes, she needs to like and love her husband if she needs to believe her place besides him.  She wanted to do it her way...slow manner...but Simran helped her by asking her to become a friend first...but this done...it has back-fired on Rajji as THIS SHE NEVER WANTED for HERSELF...that of being friend to Sohum...and HENCE HER PAIN HAS INCREASED when she started listening to Simran or Kuki rather than using her own mind to implement what was advised by her granny, or Angad Veerji or Buaji showing her the reality.

I believe Rajji is being impractical for the first time by falling for a man who has no place in his heart for her and moreover loves her sister. I think Simran's advice of becoming friends first was a good one as that is how mutual respect and trust is developed. And in this case, both need lot of time and things cannot be forced or rushed.. which is what buaji tried to do. Rajji did not have any feelings towards Soham when she was given the deadline of 10 days to win over Soham's heart. She was left with no other option but to love her husband. But I feel friendship would have been the best thing for them now.

Rajji today is seen as broken by her own helplessness at getting defeated when she is putting her heart to win a losing game.

This is again a social message of the show...that girls kill themselves to find their societal status and to keep maintaining it.  When I say kill...its not meant literally, its a metaphorical Killing of their own individuality. And that they are killing themselves, we can witness it through their pain or anger...like Rajji's sullen and irritated face with her situation. Unlike Bani who deludes herself to be lucky girl by forgetting all that bad happened to her by listening to elders and never thinking about what she wants, we have in contrast, Rajji who knows what she wants and yet cannot change her fate unless she fights for respect back in whichever way it is possible.

The resignation and fight...that is the social message. This is a story of three wronged women...Rano, Bani and Rajji. There's an easy way out  and yet it will not make them happy as the crux of the issue is that ...none of these three women will be supported if they want to return to their maternal home.  Rajji tried and she got slapped...and by the time her father came to take her back, Rajji also realized in the manner of Angad Virji saying...no matter what, marriage has happened and community believes and I will follow it.  Before Bani could mature into a sensible woman, Rajji overnight becomes a woman with nowhere to go, where she is not welcome in any home...so she sticks to what is her rightful place...even if she becomes a woman spurned out of love. She got a place but that too conditional one to be ousted out in one month.  Rajji is being more practical than Bani, even if she is behaving silly to like Sohum...because that way atleast she has a social standing.

The social message is ...to build a platform...where girls who have failed marriages, they can opt out of marriage and someone is there to support them to rehabit themselves...a life where they have means of financial support and can live their life until they can get remarried.  Here Rajji has no work left to do if she goes back to her home as she will just be seen as BURDEN on her parents. The parents cannot even send her to fields to work as its dangerous for the young abandoned girls to work in fields.  The wives can work at home in capacity of house-keeping and go to fields in capacity of supporting her husband.  But where is the platform for abandoned wives getting a livelihood ???  

Yes,, this is what we want to see. Girls who have been abandoned should be able to stand on their feet and face the world with dignity as they have done nothing wrong but in fact they are the victims. I agree that this stigma still prevails in our country that girls with failed marriages are a burden. But this show should be a platform to show that girls can do it all! They have a chance to get the message across that in this day and age, all girls should be educated and should be able to fight for the injustices and atrocities they are subjected to! Showing Bani as a weak character where everyone is taking advantage of her and she remaining mute and in her own lala land is not a social message! Girls are not so dumb as to not recognize when they are being used and discarded. My only hope is they make Bani a strong character soon because the show is named after her and so far there is nothing to sympathize for her. She needs to act and take a stand for the audience to stand by her and all the young girls in such a situation to get a message.

And yes I agree that, I am really curious, how Rano is surviving ? Where is she getting her money to feed herself...I don't see any family member around her ???
Good point! I would also like to know that!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

0-SD-0-Dynamite-

Lumzz

IF-Rockerz

Lumzz

Posted: 24 September 2013 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
^^Rano stays at darga nd gets mannat ka food frm there which is muft...so other than railway visitin she is jobless

-Hima-0-SD-0

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 24 September 2013 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lumzz

^^Rano stays at darga nd gets mannat ka food frm there which is muft...so other than railway visitin she is jobless

Thank you Lumzz.

God! that's so sad.  See...that's a piteous situation.

Hima,
Thanks for your response. Concur with you.

-Hima-

pisces16

pisces16

Posted: 24 September 2013 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Rajji needs to leave  and let Soham tell everyone  what the problem is

She is trying even though she knows he still like her sister

-Hima-endeavour

endeavour

Goldie

endeavour

Posted: 24 September 2013 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Agree with your post.. Am disappointed with the way they are butchering Rajji's characterization.. She was one strong girl who never hesitated to speak her mind before. 
I did not expect Rajji to accept Kukki's explanation and think that the Payal was bought by Sohum for her.  She knows Sohum better and also her equation with him has not yet reached that level..Later she broke down after reading the letter written by Sohum, as though this fact was revealed for the very first time in front of her..  I am not liking this Rajji much.. I liked her previous avatar of a no nonsense gal.. Wonder why she is putting up with so much humiliation..

-Hima-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top