Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

-Hima-

IF-Rockerz

-Hima-

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Many things I find wrong with Bani, the show these days:

1) Bani - a very weak character and cannot be accepted as a lead even after 6 months(approx) of the show being on air. Apart from Shefali's stoic expressionsConfused and bad acting most of the times, the character itself has not been developed even after so many months on air. It is very difficult for the audience to sympathize with the lead character as she is still projected and portrayed as a bechari abala nari who will believe anything and everything her husband Parmeet says even though this guy keeps using and ditching her mercilessly! I don't know what she is so happy about! How does she trust Parmeet again after how he disappeared once?! Now, she is going to the station in bridal wear and she doesn't find that odd?! WierdDead! The girl who is not strong enough to take a stand! The girl who simply forgets and forgives creeps like Randeep without any retaliation!AngryConfused

2) Soham - This guy is so stuck up on Bani even to this day and there is absolutely no evolving of this character in anyway. His favorite line "Main Bani se pyar karta hun aur kisi ko bhi woh jagah nahi de sakta"Dead. This line has been repeated so many times that no conversation with Soham by anyone will ever be complete without this dialogueDeadDead. Audience even accepted Soham and Rajji pairing but the CVs are completely lost as to what they want to do with Soham. Its like they have kept him on reserve and have no actual use for him! I am totally lost about this guy!

3) Rajji - Started out as one of the best characters in the show with so much potential and spunk. No doubt Neha is doing a great job as far as acting is concerned but her character has become stagnant. Buaji's same taunts and Soham's same reply is taking her character no where and CVs are turning her into another one of those sacrificial bahus of television. They started her love track but of no use because of that stuck up husband of hers who is after her married sisterDead! It would be nice to see Rajji walking out on him atleast now.. but I doubt it will happen! Infact it is going in the opposite direction,, Rajji falling for Soham is the worst way to go about this and I am NOT HAPPY!Angry

4) Daarji - This guy is an old fool! If there is a reason why he is doing this to his bahus, it is time to reveal it as he is a great actor whose talent is being wasted in this show. He sounds so monotonous when he stares and shouts that its not scary anymore! Its pathetic really!

5) Rano - I have never seen this actress before but she is a good actor.. can tell from the little they show of her but again there are many gaps which have not been filled and its time they start doing so.. she needs to be given more screen space and story for the audience to connect to the original concept for which they started watching the show! How long will she be sidelined?! 

6) Dragging - Story is being dragged to no end from all angles. Most of them are saying the same routine dialogues these days. Not even new dialogues? Bani repeating Parmeet's dialogues.. Parmeet repeating the same things.. Soham saying Bani bani baniDead! Soham and Rajji in the same position they were when they got married.. buaji saying the same things.. Rano looking at the same album.. Daarji saying same things,, manpreet saying the same things.. 

I am seriously getting fed up of seeing this show because the story is not going anywhere. Sorry for the long post but had to vent!  What do you all think?

Edited by -Hima- - 21 September 2013 at 12:19pm

The following 53 member(s) liked the above post:

priya102techwritergurbinafanmamathamukundanjackeyjDeepika_rosidshmy27CookieDoughRamjeevinav143ar123yogithabeksn1RvicsSonia Kapasijpp06ShelDevbalshikrgattuneet2012dolce123PrincessFisupriaRemya77fire.vs.iceblmadhuriadvaitamoharikafan0309annaashnotrairuhi86sweetypie225meenu0701k.atrina75frozen.devilprabha.abharosalineakSophiSaysendeavourbratz007hinzsman--aimy--_M-A-N-U_0-SD-0Agrata23Doremon_Selfie-Dynamite-shalinii173MalikaBullsEye777The.LannisterthalaVasusenaRadheya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Things that are wrong with this show!!" in Bani - Ishq Da Kalma forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

prabha.abha

Goldie

prabha.abha

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
Totally agreedThumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Hima-

sailuja

IF-Dazzler

sailuja

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Hima-

Many things I find wrong with Bani, the show these days:

1) Bani - a very weak character and cannot be accepted as a lead even after 6 months(approx) of the show being on air. Apart from Shefali's stoic expressionsConfused and bad acting most of the times, the character itself has not been developed even after so many months on air. It is very difficult for the audience to sympathize with the lead character as she is still projected and portrayed as a bechari abala nari who will believe anything and everything her husband Parmeet says even though this guy keeps using and ditching her mercilessly! I don't know what she is so happy about! How does she trust Parmeet again after how he disappeared once?! Now, she is going to the station in bridal wear and she doesn't find that odd?! WierdDead! The girl who is not strong enough to take a stand! The girl who simply forgets and forgives creeps like Randeep without any retaliation!AngryConfused

2) Soham - This guy is so stuck up on Bani even to this day and there is absolutely no evolving of this character in anyway. His favorite line "Main Bani se pyar karta hun aur kisi ko bhi woh jagah nahi de sakta"Dead. This line has been repeated so many times that no conversation with Soham by anyone will ever be complete without this dialogueDeadDead. Audience even accepted Soham and Rajji pairing but the CVs are completely lost as to what they want to do with Soham. Its like they have kept him on reserve and have no actual use for him! I am totally lost about this guy!

3) Rajji - Started out as one of the best characters in the show with so much potential and spunk. No doubt Neha is doing a great job as far as acting is concerned but her character has become stagnant. Buaji's same taunts and Soham's same reply is taking her character no where and CVs are turning her into another one of those sacrificial bahus of television. They started her love track but of no use because of that stuck up husband of hers who is after her married sisterDead! It would be nice to see Rajji walking out on him atleast now.. but I doubt it will happen! Infact it is going in the opposite direction,, Rajji falling for Soham is the worst way to go about this and I am NOT HAPPY!Angry

4) Daarji - This guy is an old fool! If there is a reason why he is doing this to his bahus, it is time to reveal it as he is a great actor whose talent is being wasted in this show. He sounds so monotonous when he stares and shouts that its not scary anymore! Its pathetic really!

5) Rano - I have never seen this actress before but she is a good actor.. can tell from the little they show of her but again there are many gaps which have not been filled and its time they start doing so.. she needs to be given more screen space and story for the audience to connect to the original concept for which they started watching the show! How long will she be sidelined?! 

6) Dragging - Story is being dragged to no end from all angles. Most of them are saying the same routine dialogues these days. Not even new dialogues? Bani repeating Parmeet's dialogues.. Parmeet repeating the same things.. Soham saying Bani bani baniDead! Soham and Rajji in the same position they were when they got married.. buaji saying the same things.. Rano looking at the same album.. Daarji saying same things,, manpreet saying the same things.. 

I am seriously getting fed up of seeing this show because the story is not going anywhere. Sorry for the long post but had to vent!  What do you all think?

i appreciate ur points...Clap same track,same dialogue,same expression, same person, no changeAngry

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Rvicsmeenu0701Doremon_Selfie-Hima-0-SD-0

BullsEye777

IF-Sizzlerz

BullsEye777

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
HIma. well said. 
The story seems to have kind of stopped especially at the Rajji side with Sohum and Bua just repeating the same lines. I kind of think the CVs went very fast with that relationship and now needs to bring Bani's story up to speed. The problem with the serial is that a lot hangs on the timing of the different storylines. 

As for the different characters, I have always maintained I don't know why the serial is called Bani when the character has such a weak conceptualisation and the actor also cannot seem to hold her own (especially when compared with really good actors like Desho, Rano and even Rajji). Sometimes looks like seeing more people praise Rajji, the story got changed a bit to give more focus to her, maybe for TRPs.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Ramjeevinav143Rvicsruhi86endeavourSophiSays--aimy--0-SD-0-Hima-Malika-Dynamite-VasusenaRadheya

Malika

IF-Sizzlerz

Malika

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Agree!!! The biggest problem is the dragging.They need to need to show Bani knowing Parmeets true colors and fighting for her rights.Why does she come across as such a weak character?? And I dont ustand her casualness with Soham.First of all she never cared abt Sohum and his love.Now when he has gt married she shud try to maintain a respectable distance from him knowing that it might not be right.I dislike the way cvs show her going places with sohum...pls woman u r an educated girl...y cant dey show some family or rajji going with her.Or even if they have to show Sohum it can be accidental...all this sohum dropping bani here and there seems illogical.

Sometimes I get irritated with both...Bani is so weak and actually had no intense emotions for sohum jabki sohum is mad abt her...they are standing at two extremities making me off sohum-bani big time.

The only character worth liking in this show is Rajji.I loved her with amreek and i am loving her with sohum too.Rest the two leads r quite irritating...sply the actress who plays bani.

Edited by Malika - 21 September 2013 at 2:45pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

todi2001Ramjeevinav143ar123Rvicsruhi86endeavourSophiSayssailuja--aimy--0-SD-0-Hima-Doremon_Selfie-Dynamite-VasusenaRadheya

Yuvika_15

Viewbie

Yuvika_15

Compassionate CC Captain

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
I agree with the dragging but I would say they are sometimes rushing into things, like one storyline isn't over and they start upon another and forget the other... like rano's story should have been told properly...she comes here and there but I feel she should be given more screen space and has a lot of potential too... I was hoping she would be the driving factor in bringing soham-bani 2geva...but sadly tht didn't happen

as for bani, she's been a confused soul since day 1...she's never been the one 2 have a mind and thought of her own...first she used 2 follow her mummyji and now its her parmeetji..BORING! I would have loved 4 her and soham 2 hav got 2geva

rajji-soham is a big disappointment for me...rajji and amreek were a couple I really liked, altho she had 2 many fights with him, there was jus something abt the pair tht made u go "awww aren't they adorable"

rajji I feel is the one thing tht keeps this show going, she's way better than bani atm... even tho she's being the ideal bahu and wife and is shown 2 give in2 things, I like her determination, she's determined not 2 lose and thts something u got to rate her for, she cud hav taken the easy option out and went home, her family were quite supportive once the truth was out but she's determined 2 give her marriage ago.

soham wont get over bani easily...I feel if he does eva fall for rajji there wil stil b a part of him tht will love and care for bani...his love for bani is true and one cant say it wasn't love...cos it was... his love is such tht he's happy with bani being with sum1 else as long as she's happy and not sad...its her happiness tht matters and means everything 2 him...I think rajji will always be 2nd in his life...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

supriaSophiSayshinz--aimy--0-SD-0-Hima-leavesandwaves

-Dynamite-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Dynamite-

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Well said!!! Clap Clap
I feel the same Hima, this show is starting to frustrate me seeing the same old things as you mentioned it's the same scenarios and dialogues shown.  

I think I'm gonna start skimming through the episodes or just stick to reading WUs ... with uni going on, I dont wanna waste my time with this. 

The only thing I like about the script is that when it comes to secrets or major twists coming out, they don't drag that from coming out like other serials do. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

0-SD-0-Hima-BullsEye777VasusenaRadheya

thala

IF-Stunnerz

thala

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
completely agree 
this show was promising but is going haywire 
cvs have not able to pull up the story in a proper way and with a strong story line this show should have raise eyebrows

but unfortunately it has not happened
if the same trp continues may be it will be curtains down for bani

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

0-SD-0-Hima-BullsEye777

Post Reply New Post

Go to top